Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

Pastry of the Year posted:

I am pretty sure CSD2 is going to destroy my hands, but I don't care because that game is just pure pleasure and I have got to get those golds

Has anyone here messed around with the restaurant customizer? I just put a bunch of goofy art on the walls and called it a day, for now.

I love how weird and gross and haggard all the customers look, and my god the food lore in this game is A+, just a delight

When they add emails back to the game, I'll probably end up taking a day off work or something :yum:

Got this game and am thoroughly enjoying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

For real though, read the FAQ in the steam discussion page for CSD2. Some things just aren't explained that well in the tutorials.

vanisher

my byob themed kitchen

vanisher

I'm going to get a ps4 what games should I play BYOB??

vanisher

Ill probably play final fantasy and Noir, is monster hunter world so good you would buy a system for it??

vanisher

Oh dang!! This is good news

My one pet peeve is ingredients like parmesan which on some dishes is R and others is P, or chocolate which is H or O.

vanisher

I Was The Fury posted:

I do not understand this lingo so I will guess.
R=required
P=permissible
H=Hold off on this ingredient until later, please
O=Orange you glad I didn't say banana

Its basically a typing game where you get orders and you key them in as fast as you can. So for a pizza order you might key in H (hand tossed) S (marinara sauce) C (cheese) (P) pepperoni. But the same ingredient in two different dishes could have a different key.

vanisher

Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty cool and good

vanisher

ScrubLeague posted:

theHunter: Call of the Wild

I played this when it first launched on PC ages ago, but it was like a trial version. It was very pretty.

vanisher

Olive! posted:

I'm having an incredible time with Horizon so far, the 'collect everything' bug hasn't hit me this hard since assassins creed brotherhood

I'm definitely replaying it on the hardest difficulty when I'm done with it (almost done I think).

vanisher

Was about to post that I saw okami hd is coming out soon, then you mentioned it.

In HZD I got tricked thinking I only needed two power cells to get that armor out, now I need three more. :argh:

vanisher

Starman Super DX posted:

:siren:Everyone should play Okami if they haven't already:siren:

also, it's funny you said about the power cells that because I just looked this up last night and this is what I kept seeing. ("Ohhhh you need FIVE, not two")

HZD is really blowing my mind though. A few thoughts that have crossed my mind.

"Oh there ARE dungeons?"
"Cool I can control robot horses now! Wait... I can control other robots too!"
"Huh, Aloy sure seems a lot smarter than everyone else."
"Ahhhhh! Wtf is that huge scary thing!? Ahhhh!"

2nd play through is funny because Rost says "oh no its a dangerous Sawtooth" in the beginning and I laughed out loud.

vanisher

deep dish peat moss posted:

Nioh is a very good game.

Is it, should I get it, I want to get it

vanisher

I feel like prey is a good game, but its really challenging

vanisher

I wish I could play Way of the Samurai games on the ps4 without signing up for the streaming thing

vanisher

food court bailiff posted:

...are they actually available on the streaming thing? i've been thinking about getting my ps now back. it's actually really cool tbh but i have enough games that i own that i haven't finished/played that i don't really need a streaming service for more

I think 4 is on it?

vanisher

fridge corn posted:

i wish there was a single player mtg game where you start with a 3rd edition starter deck and some booster packs and you can pick up more packs by winning matches or buying them with in game currency and also as you progress through the campaign the expansions start to get released and there could be different gimmick matches where certain colours or mechanics are locked out so you have to keep chopping and changing your decks around according to the situation

that would be a cool game i would play

Heck I'd play this.

Playing Yakuza 5 since its on PSN, its a good game

vanisher

I'm playing dark souls 3 right now and I am enjoying it, but its owning me. I'm pretty early in.

So should I just grind enemies I can realistically kill and use the souls to level up, or die 100 times fighting the same boss hoping for a lucky roll and slash pattern to click?

vanisher

Koishi Komeiji posted:

What boss are you stuck on and what is your build? Leveling up is important but it takes a long time and a few levels isn't going to turn you into king poo poo of gently caress mountain suddenly.

I'm playing a Knight. Just using the original stuff. Upgraded to a Raw +1 sword, putting stats into strength, HP, a couple into dex.

I don't even think he's a boss but there is this dude on top of a house that morphs into this giant black demon mouth thing and there's no where to get away from his attacks since its a tiny area. I'm just avoiding him for now.

vanisher

Got the monster roof dude!

vanisher

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I hope you weren't too hard on our pal, Jolo.

Sorry Jolo

Yeah dashing and slashing him before he morphs is the easiest way. Just beat the second boss. I can see why people really like dark souls 3, its rewarding when you overcome very difficult dudes (or knight dogs).

Killed the red eyed blue lohric knight standing in that area on the left once, then died like 10 times trying to kill him again, thinking he'd drop some neat armor or something. Just looked up his loot table and it looks like he drops the same stuff as the regular knights

vanisher

Koishi Komeiji posted:

That guy sometimes drops the Lothric long sword which is an extremely good sword for that early in the game. I used it for almost the entire game and only had to swap it out for Yhorm's Great Machete for the last 3 bosses of the game.

I'm gonna get that sword

vanisher

Got the sword but it needs 18 dex!

E: got the dex. This sword has a great stabby move that works great at stabbing

vanisher fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 16, 2018

vanisher

I got stuck in dark souls 3... After the priest dude boss surrounded by a million dudes I'm trying to figure out where to go.

Oh by the way those knights up in the rafters of that area are jerks. Its the only place I haven't cleared and I'm assuming i go that way, but i don't see a path.

vanisher

Also I got ff15 and its good so far

vanisher

food court bailiff posted:

nah there's just loot up there, you're looking for the catacombs of carthus now

you need to go around and extinguish three little lantern flames from the big towers around farron's keep to open the door there, then you'll fight the abyss watchers which is kinda fun

e: and if you're like me and find the catacombs a horrible deathslog of hard to kill enemies try like, using something other than a sword. swords are for stabbing flesh and skellingtons don't have any. it turned the whole area from a life-and-death struggle of kiting and sniping and running into a total cakewalk of smacking things around. and it has the coolest boss.

I TOTALLY FORGOT about that area

Thanks!

vanisher

Koishi Komeiji posted:

It really is a good game despite all it's flaws. I hope that "road trip" style games become a genre and we start seeing a lot more of them. So far all we have is Deadly Premonition and FF15 but there is so much more you can do with the concept.

Yeah I like the car thing and its more of a relaxed pace which is great.

vanisher

i flunked out posted:

I killed a lion and a cougar today. it was fun @ hell. the lion was a sweet set of missions

Thats the best mission.

So, online beta just launched... I want to be a peaceful hunter with other BYOB friends

vanisher

hzd is good

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

I didnt think id like MHW but instead I love it

Totally missed the potion vendor at the entrance and was crafting 100%, which wasnt too hard to do.

Just on the anjanath quest next

vanisher

I really want to play the new toejam and earl but I think it requires 2 people to be fun

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

Never thought I'd play and enjoy car mechanic simulator but here we are

vanisher

Goons Are Great posted:

Oh I used to play that with a friend that actually is a car mechanic and he loved it, also because I was playing it and he told me what to do which almost always was realistic!

It's fun

I think it would be great if you had to give a quote for the work and then had to negotiate with the owner a bit. Then if you mess up and break a part or something you might not make any money. Maybe some kind of Yelp thing where the better work you do the more orders you get.

I wonder what expert mode does, I'm sure I could just Google it

vanisher

Ah apparently it just makes putting it back together again a lot harder

vanisher

Multiplayer Crypt of the Necrodancer with dance pads?? that sounds awesome

vanisher

I liked Tenchu. I was... Okay? At dark souls? I think I would enjoy Sekiro, but I'm scared of getting owned by it.

vanisher

mysterious frankie posted:

I’ve been thinking on getting No Mans Sky for a while now, might get it when I’m done with Sekiro. Is it worth full price in its current state or should I wait until they stop updating it and/or it goes on crazy sale?

Im also interested in responses to this

vanisher

I've been playing more CSD2 again, it's very fun

vanisher

mysterious frankie posted:

I just beat the ogre guy so I like it again.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

I was going to wait for it to go on sale but I'll probably buy it immediately