Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Cute n Popular posted:

I got the impression that he had something like cancer and believed that staying away from electricity would cure it hence the whole "I will get better" thing
There is no electricity in Chuck house, there is no fridge ("you should stop asking me for pork, i think there are worms in your cooler"), he wants Jimmy to translate his letter to some Finnish doctor working on electromagnetism effect on animals, he forces people to let their phone/watch outside, so it's pretty obvious he thinks he is sick because of electromagnetism.

quote:

I wouldnt be surprised if Chuck has a physical illness that he thinks he can cure by staying away from electromagnetism. There has to be a reason why Saul starts wearing the blue ribbon after all.
When Jimmy/Saul walks by him drunk with his phone in his pocket, Chuck isn't having any problem. And when does Chuck starts to show physical problem? Just after he ask Saul if he was driving drunk, when he realizes that if Saul was so drunk he may have taken his phone in the house. Then suddenly he starts acting "sick". I think Chuck got a mental breakdown/big burnout (maybe related to Jimmy's past behavior?) but since he is clearly a successful lawyer and probably a workalcoholic (he built 1/3 of the company) with a serious work ethic, the "it's not me, it's a sickness" thing is probably his way to get out without facing whatever the problem was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

echronorian posted:

One thing I don't understand: where did the scene with Jimmy smoking weed take place? That wasn't his law office I'm almost certain. I don't get why he's doing cons like this at night while talking about moral implications by day. Is that why he was howling at the moon? Kind of a werewolf dualism thing?
They previously explicitly stated that Jimmy "Slippin'" Mcgill is from Cicero Illinois before getting saved from jail by his brother and becoming a lawyer. Like 3 times.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Lol, there will be a second season of Halt and Catch Fire?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

A good poster posted:

Had the Kettlemans killed after Mike got the money out?
Probably phone Natcho to tell him where the money is (for a cut) and keep (badly) defending the Kettlemans.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tupperwarez posted:

I hope Jimmy does something that redlines his crazy meter, because seriously, gently caress Chuck.
Well i wonder if Chuck's "problem' is caused by his guilt over what he did to Jimmy. If it's the case i doubt he will get better.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He isn't Saul yet, why do people have so many issues with this?

A lot of people take shortcuts and bend the rules, that doesn't mean they're all destined to take it to the logical extreme. If Chuck had supported Jimmy instead, there's no telling where things may have ended up. When the only thing that nets you actual rewards is breaking the law, of course you're going to turn into a career criminal.
Yes Chuck was so obsessed with keeping Jimmy in an environment where he could control him (the printing room), he basically refused to let him inside a better environment where he could still control him over ego reason and now slipping jimmy is out and he got a lawyer diploma. Chuck basically prevented Jimmy to join a good environment where he could have stayed honest (for Kim if not for his brother) and pushed him to become what he feared most.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 31, 2015

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Proto-Walt becomes a recurring character, with gained confidence every time we see him, as he slowly builds his stolen pill empire. His appearance changes to reflect the dark path that he now walks; he grows facial hair in the form of a cool neckbeard, and he begins to wear a badass Fedora, which gives him an intimidating, iconic sillouhette.
Then Gus Fring kills his wife, kills his son and kills his infant daughter.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Guys FYI the previous for the next episode in the talking bad Saul show was the PLAYUH guy showing up at Mike toll, recognizing him and asking him if he was working here and if it was the parking place for the cops. I am pretty sure it will motivate Mike to make sure the whole thing doesn't turn into a problem for him.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 18, 2016

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mr Jaunts posted:

So now my question is, did Jimmy really take that money from their dad's store? I doubt the truth is that simple... My money's on their dad nicked it and... gambled it? Did something with it and was too ashamed to tell Chuck the truth, and now Chuck has lived his entire adult life hating Jimmy for nothing
My money is that "our father was a saint" thing is totally bogus partial pov on who their father really was and someone got daddy worship issue. Jimmy is probably a lot more like his father. Hell Jimmy probably learned most of his craft from his father having to actually work with him instead of being far away learning law in a prestigious law school. Isn't there a line in BB about Saul divorcing because his wife was having an affair with his dad? Note it's also the episode where we meet chuck's no-longer-here wife.
Edit: any idea if their father was casted?

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 15, 2016

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Also Chuck mentions his father knowing the names of everyone in town as an example of his goodness. Jimmy says he memorized all the names at HHM in the first scene. I am pretty sure Jimmy does call everyone by their first names at work.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 15, 2016

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

So we're fairly sure that Jimmy embezzled $14k and six months after the store was sold, he murdered his father? Jimmy is a typical mafia stooge name, what if he was working for the mob? They paid him to ruin the store and also murder his dad. This is the only possible scenario and anyone who disagrees is wrong.
I will laugh if their "saint" of a father's shop was just simply a money laundering operation.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

The "Next on" clip is pretty great with the standard pounding music while Jimmy makes an order at the print shop.
It's still street ahead Madmen promos.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

So I'm guessing Mike's gonna try to spike-strip the truck next week but gently caress up the timing and get Hector's car instead, causing him to get into an accident (possibly the one leading to his stroke). Then in the finale Gus is gonna confront him about it acting scary and stuff before revealing that he likes his style and offers him a job.
What was the name of the company on the ice truck? Tegalo Melado? Sound like it follow Fring's "rhyming company name" seen with "Los Pollos Hermanos". But it may just be wishful thinking.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Why did Chuck talk Kim up so much in the Mesa Verde meeting? Explain as you would to a child please because idgi...
Because it's a good strategy, "our rival is good but we have those obvious advantages over her" is a better (less petty) argument than "our former employee is poo poo and you should stay with us" (then why was she working for you if she was poo poo?).

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Walt lived just long enough to tell the cops what the switch did.
The switch gives cancer to Science teacher, that what it does.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

waitwhatno posted:

Is there any reason why Chuck can't just wear full body mylar underwear + a full face knight helmet? That should shield him completely from any EM radiation. What am I missing here? Is this a huge plot hole? Worst. Show. Ever.
Yeah he should walk around in full plate armor, that would be hilarious.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Paladins at law.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Sinteres posted:

A lot of Saul's assets could be frozen, but he'd be the worst crooked attorney in the world if he didn't have a backup plan to access some of it to go along with his escape plan. The problem is more in finding a way to spend it without drawing attention.
Or on some bank account in a company in Panama.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tab8715 posted:

I don't get how this translate into "She's good but we're better"?
"She is good" (implying we only hire competent people) but we are larger (and we only hire people who are good "like her") and we are also more connected (we have friend on the other side, aka the feds). Why go for the price horse when you can have the full stable who bred it.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Platystemon posted:

You know, head trauma has been known to cure psychiatric issues.

It’s also been known to cause them, or worsen existing ones, but let’s focus on the positive here.

Maybe Jimmy will wake up not just cured off his delusions, but also of his general bad attitude. :unsmith:
Yeah it's the "hit the machine on the side until it work again" of medicine.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My favourite has been Ana Tijoux's 1979, from season 4 of BB.

:swoon:
1977. 1979 is a smashing pumpkins' song

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Any word on when season 2 will hit netflix, if ever?
Like the day after on netflix France (technically 6 hours later, thank you time-zones). It depends on the market and who owns the rights and how they licensed them. It's even funnier when netflix sold the right of one of their show (let's say house of card) for a few seasons to another tv company in a country then open their site in said country and they can't even show their own show at the release date because of rights bullshit. Digital rights catalogues are a nightmare.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 30, 2016

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

It's odd that it's not all over Netflix US when Netflix made BB and BCS popular in every other territory.

Both shows are pretty much synonymous with Netflix in the UK.
It really depends on the contract between AMC and Netflix for the digital distribution rights in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

How is Dany 1) not a leading role and 2) considered "good acting"
Welcome to Hollywood, where the Martian is a comedy and awards are a totally worthless part of a movie/show promotion and not related to reality.

• Locked thread