Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

MinibarMatchman posted:

"the frustrating followup to canvas curse"

lol between this and the gamespot video where the reviewer dies to loving Whispy Woods, I'm chalking this up to just people somehow being bad at a Kirby game.

Kirby has never particularly reviewed super well to begin with. I mean the games have managed to score well into the mid-80 range in the last ten or so years but Kirby's not for everybody so it's understandable.

At least things fare better now a days and it's not like how things were back in the Air Ride Days.

Oh man that one quote at the bottom of the list...

quote:

Don't pick this one up unless you're really hard up for a multiplayer game or until it drops to $19.99.

Joke's on us, I don't think a physical copy of Kirby Air Ride ever even went that low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
Im just wondering if this is gonna be brutally difficult like Donkey Frozen Dong was or if its gonna be easy as poo poo like Craptain Toad was. Probably easy. Sill getting. Co-op games a must.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'd say gamespot hates fun but their goty was bayonetta 2 somehow so who knows. anyone who liked canvas curse will probably like this and im stoked for it dis weekend.

The Kirby reviewer at GS used to work at Polygon. She does hate fun.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013

bloodysabbath posted:

The Kirby reviewer at GS used to work at Polygon. She does hate fun.

Looking at her picks for Best Games of 2014, she gets a nod for Child of Light and Transistor, but I can't be doing with the Shadow of Mordor and Boring Defuck love :(

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

What if its just a bad game tho.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013

Zaggitz posted:

What if its just a bad game tho.

That's fine too. Straight up, I wasnt gonna buy it until it was down.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

USgamer review 5/5 http://www.usgamer.net/articles/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse-wii-u-review-roller-games

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

lol this website gave Triple Deluxe, the best game since superstar, a 4/5.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How is 4/5 a bad grade though.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

but I can't be doing with the Shadow of Mordor and Boring Defuck love :(

Yikes

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Kurtofan posted:

How is 4/5 a bad grade though.

A hollowed out shell of a sequel to a cool DS game getting a 5 while a worthy successor to one of the best games on the SNES gets a 4 is p loving lovely bro.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

A hollowed out shell of a sequel to a cool DS game getting a 5 while a worthy successor to one of the best games on the SNES gets a 4 is p loving lovely bro.

Why are you acting like review scores should be some objective measure of quality? Were both of the games even reviewed by the same person?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Perhaps they're both really good

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zaggitz posted:

Did you play the most recent game.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hey guys lets take a thread about Kirby and talk about people reviewing games lol

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Kirby games own. There hasn't been a bad Kirby game. Rainbow Curse is GOTY 2015!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Guys I know Kirby is super cute and okay I do want Rainbow Curse but I can only afford one cute game this paycheck and Captain Toad has been begging me to go on an adventure with him

do you guys think that

do you think that Kirby will forgive me!?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

If you got that best buy program you could afford both. Getting Kirby for $20 w00t

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Guys I know Kirby is super cute and okay I do want Rainbow Curse but I can only afford one cute game this paycheck and Captain Toad has been begging me to go on an adventure with him

do you guys think that

Kirby doesn't get mad. It's okay, man. Be cool. It's un-Kirbylike to be so worried.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

BottledBodhisvata posted:

do you guys think that

Kirby will wait patiently until you have enough money. Kirby understands that money can sometimes put people in difficult positions where they have to make choices that they wish they didn't have to make. As long as you remember to make time for Kirby, Kirby will make time for you.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

medibot posted:

Kirby will wait patiently until you have enough money. Kirby understands that money can sometimes put people in difficult positions where they have to make choices that they wish they didn't have to make. As long as you remember to make time for Kirby, Kirby will make time for you.

yaaaaaay

I promise I will buy Kirby with my tax rebate

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just wanted to say Gamespot gave Tropical Freeze a 6/10 so if you think you should pay any attention to them think again.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

alcharagia posted:

Kirby doesn't get mad.

Kirby only ever gets angry in America.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

Kirby only ever gets angry in America.

Only on the outside cover. Inside the game he's still the same lovable pink ball of whatever he is.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Someone usually upsets Kirby by inconveniencing him at the beginning of his games. His anger at this inconvenience is usually his main driving force. Look out BottledBodhisvata he's coming for you :ohdear:

EDIT: oh god Kirby I'm sorry

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
If it's anything like recent Kirby games, Rainbow Curse will probably easy enough to beat, but willing to punch you in the sternum if you want all the collectables.

Edit: My avatar is Kirby attempting to get you.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not. The only challenge comes from the challenge stages but they're easier than the ones in Canvas Curse due to being way shorter.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Maybe you're just really good at kirby games and it actually has a decent challenge.

However, in all honesty, I think the challenge comes from using the stylus to move. That's what always hosed me over in Canvas Curse.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I have a roomate who hogs the TV so I am actually looking for more games you can play just in the pad, so this game will own.

Said roomate is also getting me the game for my birthday, so he is not all bad.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Please don't talk about how much you care or don't care about review sites or if some reviewer is garbage or not. Just talk about Kirby and how much fun Kirby games are!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Please don't talk about how much you care or don't care about review sites or if some reviewer is garbage or not. Just talk about Kirby and how much fun Kirby games are!

why do people need to feel they need to justify their purchase when this game is cuteness, happiness and fun distilled into its purest form.

It's almost as if you have to be some kind of neckbeard to care about whether it's on the television or the gamepad :reject:

should I pre-download this? anyone know how much hard drive space rainbow curse takes?

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

How Rude posted:

why do people need to feel they need to justify their purchase when this game is cuteness, happiness and fun distilled into its purest form.

It's almost as if you have to be some kind of neckbeard to care about whether it's on the television or the gamepad :reject:

should I pre-download this? anyone know how much hard drive space rainbow curse takes?

It takes up roughly 3.5 gigs.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

:smith:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Most Kirby fauna aren't usually beholden to an overlord like a Bowser or Ganon so I dunno why he just doesn't change careers. Most Dreamland residents probably don't even recognize the crown of Dedede.

When was the last time Dedede even did any archenemy shenanigans to Kirby? Mass Attack?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
ThisIsACoolGuy, I like your avatar, have I said that before?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We're like 6 hours from cursin' at some rainbows.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Played through the first few levels and I'm getting kind of a Kirby's Epic Yarn vibe from the game. It seems very chill so far.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

KIRBY IS OUT!

IT OWNS!

GO BUY IT!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

KIRBY IS OUT!

IT OWNS!

GO BUY IT!