Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Does anyone else think the first episode is a little tone deaf given current events? We're somehow lead to believe that it's a big deal that Bosch shot and killed someone who actually had a gun when cops mow down unarmed black people (sometimes even children) on an almost weekly basis and face zero consequences. I like the actors a lot and I want to stick with it but that particular part of the plot really chafes at me.

e: Also I keep comparing any show with cops in it to The Wire, which really doesn't help matters. And in this case is at least understandable, given the presence of both Lance Reddick and Jamie Hector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Phobeste posted:

I actually was thinking about it the other way around. It feels a bit gross that within the context of the events of the last year the show demands that we automatically side with the cop. In the books of course we have bosch's inner narrative but without that...

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. I mean, there are already plenty of police shows out there that constantly harp on the fact that they're always being held back by lawyers, policies, red tape, blah blah blah. I'm just wondering if the writers of these shows live in a bubble or something.

• Locked thread