Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Might as well go full retard and swap out for cream of mushroom soup if you're going to poo poo up burgers this badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
at least post some photos if you're going to try and troll gws

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

yrF posted:

Hahaha carbs. I like my burgers rare so cooking them for 80 minutes sounds like making dog food.
Actually, they come out very rare, because of the technique and sauce.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Jose posted:

at least post some photos if you're going to try and troll gws

Seriously, no where near as good as the prison food thread. 1/5.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

FactsAreUseless posted:

:laffo:

your burgers sound like literal trash and I would not pay money or even let my friends/family/acquaintances/enemies spend their money on them

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But Not Tonight posted:

:laffo:

your burgers sound like literal trash and I would not pay money or even let my friends/family/acquaintances/enemies spend their money on them
You have to remember to deglaze or else it ruins the tzatziki.

yrF
Jun 23, 2009

Do you know what carbs are?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

FactsAreUseless posted:

Meat doesn't become uncooked, no matter what kind of sauce you put on it. How do you suppose your burgers are going to have pink in the middle, let alone very rare, after 80 minutes in the oven?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Meat doesn't become uncooked, no matter what kind of sauce you put on it. How do you suppose your burgers are going to have pink in the middle, let alone very rare, after 80 minutes in the oven?
The sauce is a very important part of the recipe.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

yrF posted:

Do you know what carbs are?
If you want to make this recipe low-carb, substitute bacon for the onions.

Edit: Or more thin-cut Oscar Meyer Honey Ham, which is a low-carb option for any meal.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

the point of the glaze is to draw off the heat, by adding moisture, because heat evaporates with moisture, do you even know how glazing works?

The recipe looks great, thanks op.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm genuinely surprised that y'all know so little about advanced glazing and deglazing techniques. like, come on.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you want to make this recipe low-carb, substitute bacon for the onions.

Edit: Or more thin-cut Oscar Meyer Honey Ham, which is a low-carb option for any meal.

I've been experimenting a bit with the idea of low-carb cooking. Would turkey bacon be acceptable for this if I don't have regular bacon on-hand?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zerilan posted:

I've been experimenting a bit with the idea of low-carb cooking. Would turkey bacon be acceptable for this if I don't have regular bacon on-hand?
As long as it's made with low-carb turkey.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Reene posted:

the point of the glaze is to draw off the heat, by adding moisture, because heat evaporates with moisture, do you even know how glazing works?

The recipe looks great, thanks op.

The first 20 minutes (at 400!) are nothing but a cylinder of ground beef in the oven, and the next 20 minutes are breaded discs of the same meat.

Then you cook these breaded, baked, ground hamburger slices for 20 more minutes inside peppers.

If that isn't a recipe for very rare ground beef I don't know what is!

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 16, 2015

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
All these people getting riled up over an obviously not serious post

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

The first 20 minutes (at 400!) are nothing but a cylinder of ground beef in the oven, and the next 20 minutes are breaded discs of the same meat.

Then you cook these breaded, baked, ground hamburger slices for 20 more minutes inside peppers.

It's only rare because no one's ever done it before and it doesn't exist.

Hawkie
Jul 20, 2010
Gettin trolled hard ITT

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
It's like watching someone try to be Charlie Kelly and succeeding fantastically. Well done, good sir.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

You have to cook the burgers for another 20 minutes after that, and serve them with sauce. And remember to deglaze. It doesn't work if you don't deglaze.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have to cook the burgers for another 20 minutes after that, and serve them with sauce. And remember to deglaze. It doesn't work if you don't deglaze.
Yeah I tried this the other day and forgot to deglaze at a couple steps and the tzatziki turned out horrible.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

do I have to use Oscar Meyer Honey Ham (tm)?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bob Morales posted:

do I have to use Oscar Meyer Honey Ham (tm)?
Yes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

To clarify: other brands of thin-sliced honey ham are not properly deglazed, and are high in carbs.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

So it's impossible to make this recipe outside of the Oscar Meyer distribution network?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cavenagh posted:

So it's impossible to make this recipe outside of the Oscar Meyer distribution network?
You could approximate it, but the sauce probably won't work.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Oh god

quote:

I made this recipe for my hubby, he doesn't eat bell peppers so instead I mixed french fries in with the cooked burger. He loved it and i have made for him 3 times since!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I enjoyed this thread at 400 for 20 minutes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you want a low-carb variant to this variant, use Belgian fries instead of the traditional pommes frites.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you want a low-carb variant to this variant, use Belgian fries instead of the traditional pommes frites.

Is there a way to make a perfect gluten-free burger?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

contrapants posted:

Is there a way to make a perfect gluten-free burger?
Use a gluten-free tzatziki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

FactsAreUseless posted:

Use a gluten-free tzatziki.

I thought of this, but I was afraid of the deglazing method I'd have to use with gluten-free tzatziki. Last time I tried, I misspoke the backwards Latin and landed in Limbo for six months.

They have the worst burgers there.

• Locked thread