Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Splode posted:

Hey everybody, that was ODC's first game. What a natural, eh?

You were a real asset to the team cum burglar

You're going to make me blush!! :D

I chalk it up to a great team. :h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Milky Moor posted:

Oh, there it is. That's awesome, yeah.

What was the scumdoc like when TOML threw down the gauntlet at Bif?

We were laughing our asses off because bif was making our lives so much easier, we thought it was pretty much game. Tirade's bus driving and HM's work hosed that up for us though!
it was a bit quiet in scum doc that night though, especially because I was at trivia and the others were busy too.

A large chunk of the scum doc is me going loving HELL MILKY WHY WON'T YOU DIE

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I tried to kill milky three times, one of those with a strongman modifier (Which killed SK I believe)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Splode posted:

I tried to kill milky three times, one of those with a strongman modifier (Which killed SK I believe)

Yeah you strongmanned SK. But hey, at least it's a showy way to off a team mate!

Tirade I'm curious, what was your plan with your last night action? You switched Beet and Gwyn.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Splode posted:

We were laughing our asses off because bif was making our lives so much easier, we thought it was pretty much game. Tirade's bus driving and HM's work hosed that up for us though!

I wasn't nearly as off-track as I feared though, once TOML flipped. :colbert:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I wasn't nearly as off-track as I feared though, once TOML flipped. :colbert:

And honestly if you have to kill a townie, one that comes back isn't so bad. I think the other choice you were gravitating towards was Beet, and I had to bite my tongue in your PMs.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also nice work on a very successful "don't talk about mafia in the chat thread" test. We're all on top of this.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

The chat thread seemed pretty happy about that yeah

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I think Bif was my favourite player over all. Again, though, like so many other things. Couldn't tell you WHY.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Gwynplaine posted:

I think Bif was my favourite player over all. Again, though, like so many other things. Couldn't tell you WHY.

Can you explain your strong man guess? I legit thought you were the doctor because there was no way of knowing that otherwise.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm also way curious to know how in the hell you thought BBQ was a roleblocker.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Like so many times you'd say something and I'd be like, well, he's right but :psyduck:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I started my game thread early, got about 24 hours to decide if you want in or not

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702264

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Good game, scum. You probably wouldn't have needed night kills at all. Sorry about my lovely play, town, but at the very least my role wasn't wasted! :unsmith: I also think I learned a thing or two about better town play, for next time.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

The strongman was an accurate guess for the wrong reasons. In the flavour text , Prime and Grimlock were teamed together but Prime still bought it. I thought Grimlock was a Doctor or a Bodyguard but got bipassed, as generally only a strong man can do. I'm now thinking that Grimlock simply ate Prime or something. Maybe not. Still a little confused.

The roleblocker thing? Honestly, it was just a instinct.

I'm actually saving up to eventually get private investigator training.

That distant thunderous boom you all heard was Mills exploding with laughter.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
No poo poo, he even guessed bruticus

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

That's just my appreciation for canon. If you're gonna have the combaticons, you're gonna have their party trick.

That and warpath mentioning a big fella.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Thanks for running a good game Asphyxious :)

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Those On My Left posted:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Those On My Left posted:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

Did you read the last cutscene? :yum:

And thank you too, again couldn't have done it without you.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Also nice work on a very successful "don't talk about mafia in the chat thread" test. We're all on top of this.

Yeah, it feels HEAPS better this way, I'm glad we all could stick to it so well.

Is there a link to scumdoc yet? I'm still catching up, just finished up at Rosies

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Did you read the last cutscene? :yum:

I did, it made me happy

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Gwynplaine posted:

The strongman was an accurate guess for the wrong reasons. In the flavour text , Prime and Grimlock were teamed together but Prime still bought it. I thought Grimlock was a Doctor or a Bodyguard but got bipassed, as generally only a strong man can do. I'm now thinking that Grimlock simply ate Prime or something. Maybe not. Still a little confused.

The roleblocker thing? Honestly, it was just a instinct.

I'm actually saving up to eventually get private investigator training.

That distant thunderous boom you all heard was Mills exploding with laughter.

haha well grimlock was there

grimlock killed prime :getin:

Those On My Left posted:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah you strongmanned SK. But hey, at least it's a showy way to off a team mate!

Tirade I'm curious, what was your plan with your last night action? You switched Beet and Gwyn.

Trying to second guess the scum. I thought that after two failed attempts on Milky they'd try a different target. As to why Gwyn and beets? As of last night I still had beet as my most likely town besides milky and toml, and gwyn was high on my scumlist. I really should have just played it safe.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

Fact of the matter is, after a life time living with Gaspy and trying to figure out what he was up to (when he was up to something) with 1/16 of his brain power meant that I always had to go with instinct. Doesn't work quite as well in forum form, but it's basically all I have.

It was genuinely just a really good guess. Broken clocks.

I only just noticed this; I reject the implication that I have never not been up to something.

Also Grimlock killing Optimus was metal as gently caress. When Milky sent me that target I was super excited.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

I did, it made me happy

:glomp:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thanks gaspy another great game with great flavour!

Thanks scum pals that was a fun team. I was a bit quiet on scum doc a couple of days because I can't edit doc on my phone.

Thanks to everyone, gently caress what a tense game, so many close lynches, the coq over anidav lynch (we wanted coq obviously) the gladiator thing. It was amazing.

Apologies to bif, I came down really hard on her for ~mafia~ and because after the first two days she was finally on the right track.

Props to Gwynplaine for calling out , accurately, three scum. :psyduck:

Tirade, you did really really well. :hfive:

For me it's about the game, I find it fun whether I win or lose. Thanks all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:siren: scumdoc :siren:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tIxXHJ4Ij3pEpxKeZJZSolQ/htmlview

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Thanks Gaspy for a fun game, the flavour text was great. My favourite part was TOML and Bif throwing down when I both thought they were town. It was too funny to be angry!

Any chance you can show us the the night actions - I want to see how many town Milky killed

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
how did I die? D: I'm still trying to figure that out. WAS IT MILKY?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

I think you got shot by scum when they were doing their mecha-shiva thing. Milky shot me that night.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mithranderp posted:

Nah we got you with our non stealth bruticus kill. Check scum doc for our targets.

We considered you to be a good candidate for thinning out town because you're a decent player, but not famously good enough to warrant being protected or watched that early. You also hadn't yet named any of us, and probably wouldn't make mistakes later that we could use to have you lynched.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Splode posted:

Nah we got you with our non stealth bruticus kill. Check scum doc for our targets.

We considered you to be a good candidate for thinning out town because you're a decent player, but not famously good enough to warrant being protected or watched that early. You also hadn't yet named any of us, and probably wouldn't make mistakes later that we could use to have you lynched.

I was convinced that Coq was a scum strongman, because I went to watch Mills that night, and coq visited him, but then we both died.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Freudian Slip posted:

Thanks Gaspy for a fun game, the flavour text was great. My favourite part was TOML and Bif throwing down when I both thought they were town. It was too funny to be angry!

Any chance you can show us the the night actions - I want to see how many town Milky killed

Yeah I'll do that very soon, just using my day off to sleep in a bit :)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

NIGHT ACTION RECAP

Done in character to be annoying because I like trying different things and a smaller, less serious game is a good one to try this out on.

Mission One

-SHOCKWAVE is too busy to roleblock anyone.
-RATCHET asks to save himself. Is told "no."
-RATCHET asks to save the recently lynched STARSCREAM. Is told "no."
-RATCHET decides there is no one worth protecting on the team.
-GRIMLOCK tries to kills METROPLEX. Fails due to Metroplex's reinforced armour.
-PERCEPTOR watches SIDESWIPE.
-JAZZ investigates SIDESWIPE.
-METROPLEX can't be bothered to move anyone around.

The COMBATICONS form BRUTICUS and punch out SIDESWIPE and PERCEPTOR.

Mission Two

-SHOCKWAVE blocks MEGATRON.
-RATCHET protects SNARL.
-GRIMLOCK kills OPTIMUS PRIME.
-JAZZ investigates ONSLAUGHT.
-METROPLEX switches GRIMLOCK and WARPATH around.

The COMBATICONS form BRUTICUS and attack JAZZ and GRIMLOCK.
However due to METROPLEX, they actually attack JAZZ and WARPATH.
WARPATH explodes destroying BRUTICUS' left arm: VORTEX.

Mission Three

-SWINDLE blocks GRIMLOCK.
-SHOCKWAVE blocks ONSLAUGHT.
-CLIFFJUMPER investigates BLAST OFF.
-RATCHET takes a smoko.
-GRIMLOCK kills CLIFFJUMPER.
-BRAWL tries to kill GRIMLOCK.
-METROPLEX switches GRIMLOCK and BLAST OFF.

so now

-CLIFFJUMPER investigates GRIMLOCK.
-SWINDLE blocks BLAST OFF
-BRAWL uses his cannons to kill BLAST OFF.

Mission Four

-SWINDLE blocks RATCHET
-RATCHET tries to protect MEGATRON, but has been blocked!
-GRIMLOCK kills SWINDLE
-BRAWL kills GRIMLOCK.
-METROPLEX switches THUNDERCRACKER with ONSLAUGHT.

Mission Five

-ONSLAUGHT kills RATCHET.

Glossary

Town Players:

STARSCREAM = Anidav
SNARL= Bifauxnen
SHOCKWAVE = dj-bbq
CLIFFJUMPER = Freudian Slip
THUNDERCRACKER = Gwynplaine
RATCHET = hiddenmovement
WARPATH = Kat Delacour
GRIMLOCK = Milky Moor
SIDESWIPE = Mills
PERCEPTOR = Mithranderp
OPTIMUS PRIME = MysticalMachineGun
JAZZ = SKY COQ
MEGATRON = Those On My Left
METROPLEX =Tirade
WHEELJACK = whats for dinner

Scum Players:

SWINDLE = black_tangled
ONSLAUGHT = Matthew Beet
VORTEX = Old Dirty Cumburgs
BLAST OFF = Small Keating
BRAWL = Splode

Huge thanks again to everyone for playing :)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also people in Dead doc and in this thread mentioned someone revealing their role PM in the last game: I have literally no memory of this, which is really, really unusual for me. Are you sure that happened, as that really should have been a modkill last time too.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Asphyxious posted:

Also people in Dead doc and in this thread mentioned someone revealing their role PM in the last game: I have literally no memory of this, which is really, really unusual for me. Are you sure that happened, as that really should have been a modkill last time too.

Yeah, they did. It was right on the last day, remember?

By last game they mean the previous Transformers one. They posted it, quickly realised it was a bad thing to do, then edited it out, then edited the post again saying they should be modkilled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Yeah, they did. It was right on the last day, remember?

By last game they mean the previous Transformers one. They posted it, quickly realised it was a bad thing to do, then edited it out, then edited the post again saying they should be modkilled.

I didn't realise Rudatron posted a PM, I only saw it after the edit. And in all fairness them using PMs as evidence at all was a huge point for me deciding their entire team lost so I really don't see the discrepancy.

• Locked thread