Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Mills posted:

##vote Anidav

Mate.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

I am not Wheeljack.

To be fair you weren't last time either.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Hmmm, ok.

I think the rush on Anidav is pretty manufactured, plus if we keep him overnight we can give him the chance to prove his quasi role claim.

Still a few hours to get a vote in. Do we have other options?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

"Hi I'm Coq, I post wishy washy poo poo like this to try and cover my arse if the lynchee flips town. I do this because I'm concerned people will think I'm too late jumping in on a lynch if i jump on now. I don't realise that in doing so, this does the opposite of what i wanted and draws attention to me. You can tell this post is white noise, because I don't offer anything of worth up and instead ask everyone else to make suggestions, giving the illusion i'm helping."

Come off it. I'm happy to D1 lynch, but I want a better reason than "Anidav... Again".

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

SKY_COQ, while I do appreciate your hospitality, I can't help but notice your lack of desire to find alternatives yourself.

I tossed around a couple of options as I was putting together that post but wasn't really convinced on any. Mills is, as ever, a good option, and one I'd consider. Bif not voting yet is par for the course, but she's been a bit quiet. And Old Dirty Cumbags is a dark horse.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tirade posted:

You'll need to spell it out, mafia expert.

If I had to choose, I'd vote for Beet, Kat or Milky. Beet because contrary to every other d1 he's not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth. He's content to turbo anidav which differs from the last few games. Kat or Milky for lazy dogpiles on the anidav train in the sweet spot of 4 or 5 votes in.

With that,

##unvote

##vote Matthew Beet

This is another in a string of good points you've made. I'm content to go with this.

##vote Matthew Beet

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

What no

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Look ok I'll admit the flipping has been somewhat bad play but my whole incentive has been to open up conversation about other options. Which has happened.

I am worth far more to the town alive than dead, and if allowed to live will be a useful bot to have around. Please don't let my death be the first mistake.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

I was about to say--bif usually throws votes around on D1 like they're going out of fashion.

Thank you. To say nothing of the fact that she's taken a long post to hide OMGUSing me.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Yes very funny.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

Did you just do an Anidav unironically?

...Yup.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

? you said that her not voting is "par for the course". I was actually disagreeing with you.

Oh, gently caress.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Christ I'm loving this up. Just, look at the people who vote for me, particularly the ones who bandwagon. If I do die, sorry. It's all my fault.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Ok look before we hammer let me sit down at a keyboard and do a proper effort post. I wanna Sherlock this poo poo.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

poo poo poo poo poo poo. My girlfriend's taking me out for a nice dinner in a trendy suburb. How dare she. I may not have time for Gaspy-level analysis.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Can I just say, though, that if it does come down to me and Anidav, obviously my vote is with him purely for self-preservation. So ##vote Anidav with the hope of getting into more detail before the deadline.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Ok, let's have a look at Anime Dave's posts from today. Maybe we'll find something? Prefacing this by admitting I am overtired as gently caress - hence my poo poo play this evening.

Anidav posted:

Because you guys have a habit of lynching me even when I play good :v:

"I play well." :colbert:

Anidav posted:

Splode continues leading the dickhead brigade against me :shrug:

Verballing Splode for a vote.

Anidav posted:

Unvote and repent and I might actually be helpful for you guys on a day that isn't numbered 1.

Hey look, he pulled a Coq.

Anidav posted:

Joke killing me is anti-town a death that will mean nothing. For one, yeah I know you guys from the last game have a loose voting finger to vote for me where you failed to do so before but do you really thing Gaspy would make it that easy for you? To make me scum twice in a row? Realistically, it isn't the case.

Look elsewhere or make a bad day one move. the choice is yours.

##unvote

-Last post of the day-

Followed by a fuckload more posts.

Anidav posted:

Gaspy's games have traditionally handpicked roles.

Gently stepping in to make suggestions on the GM's behalf.

Anidav posted:

Speaking of nightkilling, Can I get a protector so I can fly?

Begging for night help.

Ultimately, he's kind of all over the place and leaning heavily on roleclaiming as a flying transformer of some description. If he doesn't get lynched today, I'd strongly suggest at least watching him at night.

Happy to keep my vote where it is.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mills posted:

The best way to congratulate Anidav for his achievement in the last game is to turbo-lynch him D1 in this game.

Mills posted:

I think lynching Anidav will be a mistake.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

yeaaaaah is this all you got? from your trendy suburb?

This was my artisanal hotdog.

I'm not going to make it to a keyboard before hammer. Just highlighting Mills total reversal based on some undeniably crap posting.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:laugh:

The two night kills may have been due to a town-aligned power being used unwittingly against a townie. There's also the possibility of a serial killer/psycho role occurring. If there's only one night kill tonight then it may have been a one use power.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to analyse Mills and Mith's posts from yesterday to see who they might have pissed off. Not discounting your theory at all.

Frankly shocked to have survived the night after yesterday's abominable play. Again, apologies - I was exhausted and not thinking clearly. TOML nailed it just before hammer last night - I'm stupid, not scum.

Splode posted:

I'm also concerned by whats for dinner and hidden movement charging in with the hammer when it looked like people were going to switch for Coq and change the lynch in the last minute.

I wasn't totally surprised by this. Re-reading the posts, the momentum as they would have been in posting was definitely towards Anidav, as a few posters were expressing doubt about having the numbers for me.

Milky Moor posted:

That didn't happen.

What else can you tell us?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Also worth noting: if there was a townie with a nightkill, I'd almost certainly be dead.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

Could be a nightkill that works only on even nights.

rip me

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

or, they could have figured you'd get lynched anyway, so why waste their power on someone that the town already had their eyes on and easily could take care of the next day? The handy thing about the vig power is you don't need to worry anymore about who's voting where. This way they could also wait to hear you try and explain your ~super helpful role~ first.

At the risk of further muddying the waters, I'd rather not say anything until I have something to report. The information I discovered is already public.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:smugdog: Nobody does

I agree with this. Coq, if what you were going to say is public knowledge, say it anyway.

The only faction that would benefit would be scum at this point.

Just home from work. From recent posts, I'm massively Suss on FS thanks to Bif's effort post, and fairly strong on scumbags for jumping back on me so quickly, when clearer heads have largely prevailed.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

The former, at a guess.

I reckon he pulled similar yesterday with Tirade, after I had a go at one of Coq's posts and tirade ended up voting me. Coq followed suit.

Look, I'm fully prepared to accept that my input is worth gently caress all right now, so I'm happy to stay out. I genuinely agreed with Tirade and Bif's arguments, however.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

Coq says his information, if revealed will only benefit scum. I realise I am both a new player and not a great thinker but I can't think of what that information could be, nor how much of a difference it could make given that we have no real edge or leads on the scum anyways.

The revealing of information, and how people react to it will move things forward, might even turn something up.

If it might stop him getting lynched, it'd be worth a shot, right?

Yeah it's literally some of the same stuff Gaspy posted in his flavour text this morning. Picked too popular target last night, etc etc.

SK - your idea is very good and I am doing that thing right now.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm really sorry, but I genuinely don't understand. If it's just me who still finds this too cryptic I will absolutely drop this.
I don't actually particularly suspect coq.

So I performed a night action last night that allowed me to get some information about a specific player - in this case, I picked Mills, because I wanted to know whether to trust him or not. However, Mills was killed overnight, and when he died, his information "flipped" - including the small piece of data I was able to gather.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Small Keating posted:

I dunno, man. You could always try throwing us a bone in the form of an effort post, or some genuine analysis starting from first principles, or something, instead of hanging back and being cryptic. As it stands, I'm standing by last night's vote for you and will be repeating that behaviour tonight.

OK, so this was an excellent idea and I'm all for it.

So, starting from the beginning - I am town, and as I've now irrevocably mentioned, I have a power role. Apologies for that - I was exhausted, stressed out and acted really sloppily yesterday afternoon/evening.

If we operate from the principle that I am town (because, well, I am), then yeah, there's a good chance that votes being thrown my way today are very scum-heavy. Particularly if one of the two scum factions I reckon exist (thanks to the two nightkills) was watching me last night while I visited Mills.

I'm going to use FS's list of people who have expressed suspicion on me today, then. Right now I'm happy to discard yesterday's voting pattern because of how hosed it was. And believe me, if I were scum, I'd have orchestrated a way better play with my teammates than having them hammer Anime Dave a minute before deadline.

TOML: Suss on me, but very even-handed about the whole situation. Usually a very strong, considered poster in these games. Right now, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Black_Tangled: Suss on me due to yesterday's bullshit. Again, benefit of the doubt, as she hasn't gone too hard on me today.
Kat: Carefully considered posts. Again, probably not maximum sussness.
Old Dirty Cumbags: For a first time player (I think), he's casting aspersions at me with shocking depth. I get the feeling he's being coached. Definitely on my list.
MMG: Encouraging me to fully roleclaim.

Even though my agreeing with Tirade and Bif has gotten me in trouble so far, I agree with their logic.

I'm still suss on Beet, as well as ODC and MMG. I believe Tirade, Bif and possibly TOML are genuine townies.

At the end of the day I think we're in kind of a unique situation here. I know I'm a dead man walking, it's my own fault and I'll accept it. I am know I'll flip town when I die.

Town is in the interesting situation of choosing when that will be, though. You could lynch me today, but that's honestly a waste of a day - I will be killed at night, particularly if I live long enough to seriously gently caress up an actual scum. You just have to be patient.

In the mean time, I've listed my suspicions and speculation about who is trustworthy. I'll keep them updated as the game progresses, so that when I am inevtiably nightkilled you'll know who to look for.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

tl;dr - since I've pretty much already roleclaimed, I'm a wasted lynch as I'll probably be nightkilled. Focus on other suspects, and I'll give you info when I get it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Kat Delacour posted:

In trying to understand Milky's absolute certainly that it wasn't a misplaced townie action I have probably confused myself, or may just end up confusing the game here. The only possible reason I can come up with for his certainty is that the GM response included both the target name and "action failed" outcome, because if I understand the role correctly being bussed would return an outcome for someone else. That Tirade himself responded to basically say "I get it, don't target me dumbass" either means Milky & Tirade are a team putting on a big show, or Tirade has an innately deflective role. Gaspy being gaspy, my money is on townies and natural deflection.

Coq is definitely a deadman walking but he's also a bellweather death. That is, in death his card flip reveals more about the other players than anything he could get done with his power now he's roleclaimed. Moreover, as an alive unknown he just throws a lot of confusion into the mix - is he alive because he is scum or is he alive to make us think he's scum. You big dummy. However, I also don't want to start voting on it because I wanna hear other people's feels on this and I know a Coq train could build up momentum quickly.

I don't know what to think bout Bif and FS.

Gwyn calling to lynch people effectively at random is really stupid newbie stuff or a scum windsock. Either way I don't think it's helping.

I am the Eden-Monaro of nightkills.

Not convinced on Whats for Dinner yet, but will chime in towards 9 if we need a hammer etc.

Agree on not lynching low content posters, though it will become a more attractive strategy as the game wears on.

I tend to believe that the Milky/Tirade exchange is absolutely innocent, but I'm not sure which intersection of roles could have provoked such a strong reaction from Milky.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

Reminding people that coq was the towns prime suspect when the town has an unusually high newbie count might actually be a pro-coq point.

I am very pro-Coq

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

##vote whats for dinner

No other options for a lynch before the deadline.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Jesus Christ. I'm so sorry for my original fuckup. What a massacre.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Wait, I investigated Beet the night I died and got town. Who the gently caress busdrove me?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

MotherFUCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

Thanks for running a good game Asphyxious :)

• Locked thread