Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

btw gaspy you typo'd the BB code so your link to the role explanations is broken

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mills posted:

I'm an Autobot by the way. Confirmed town right here.

Can we kill Mills early so I can put him back on ignore?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

Why would celebrating the glory of our noble leader Optimus Prime be regarded as a negative thing, fellow Autobot?

Are you really going to do this again?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

There's nothing wrong with being himself, by the allspark that is just his programming.

##vote Anidav

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mills posted:

Anidav's last game finished two days ago.

48 hours ago, Anidav was scum.

Two days = 48 Hours

You do the math.

What does this mean?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Matthew Beet posted:

i can't wait till d3 or d4 when milky is going all 'a beautiful mind' with transformers names.

Only if he is scum and off his game. It was a massive distraction last time and ultimately meaningless. I'd be suss on anyone trying to do it again tbh.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Kat Delacour posted:

I dunno, this is written in a way that infers an external perspective - that you are a separate entity to the town and pleading to them. It could be a subconscious slip. Also happy to admit I may be reading too much into it, it just twigged something for me.

Anidav always does dumb appeals to town though, because he is bad at the game (I didn't play in the last two games where apparently he was good. I don't believe it for a second.)

Anidav posted:

The fact that you put analysis into this lovely day one post implies that you are putting in a small effort to out-town the town.

Auspol town always gets into a shitflinging frenzy on day one where a large majority of the posts are jabs, jokes or meaningless. You however have come to stand out and try being a helpful town on day 1.

You are either reading too much into this or are scummy for the fact that you're trying to fish hard out of day one posts.

Framing the argument is a key part of a mafia team, do it too early and too often and you will get lynched.

This sort of panicked defensive stuff is super suss dude.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

This man seems very compelling, and he has a fanclub.

## vote anidav

I don't think it works if there is a space between ## and vote

Don't edit your post though, new guy, that's against the rules. Just try again.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

Anidav's theory of day 1 death

More posters = Less thinking

My theory of day 1 death is

More votes for Anidav = less Anidav posts

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Splode posted:

I don't think it works if there is a space between ## and vote

Don't edit your post though, new guy, that's against the rules. Just try again.

It looks like I'm wrong, nvm

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I thought that Mith's deliberate misunderstanding of Bif's post earlier was interesting, for the record.

Or Mith was just being really dumb.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

Splode continues leading the dickhead brigade against me :shrug:

It's because I am out to get you. Every vote against you makes me cackle with glee.
I'M YOUR WORST MAFIA NIGHTMARE

you're a dope.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mithranderp posted:

Nah I just didn't understand the reference to urban smurf(?) and was trying to have fun by humorously pretending it was scummy :( and throwing d1 votes around to see what happens.

Oh I thought it was the reference to angel numbers that bif only brought up because Anidav did (loving lol Anidav, Mr White Noise. This is one of the reasons you get turbo'd).

The shocking twist is it is me being really dumb!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tirade posted:

##unvote

##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs

That's racist!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

I am sorry for my ignorance.

This is the burger I had yesterday:

Yeah it'd be better with beetroot.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

WHY.

Why would you vote for yourself?

Tirade posted:

Seriouschat though I'm in no hurry to lynch - as it stands now we've got no real info to go on tomorrow if anidav flips town. The run on him has moved surprisingly fast and for no reason other than he squeals loud when under pressure. It's got me suspicious.

We're literally talking about how things are moving too fast and you vote for yourself?

Either you're scum and you know you're hosed so you're shutting down discussion or you're still abysmally bad at this game.

##unvote

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

I can fly, let me fly.

A day 1 role claim. Anime David, how have you learnt nothing? Not that I believe your claim either, you've claimed vanilla and a role in the same game in a desperate attempt to not get lynched, so it's a Boy Who Cried Wolf scenario anyway.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

This is another in a string of good points you've made. I'm content to go with this.

##vote Matthew Beet

So you're jumping on a vote for beet after this:

Matthew Beet posted:

"Hi I'm Coq, I post wishy washy poo poo like this to try and cover my arse if the lynchee flips town. I do this because I'm concerned people will think I'm too late jumping in on a lynch if i jump on now. I don't realise that in doing so, this does the opposite of what i wanted and draws attention to me. You can tell this post is white noise, because I don't offer anything of worth up and instead ask everyone else to make suggestions, giving the illusion i'm helping."

That's very defensive of you!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Splode posted:

So you're jumping on a vote for beet after this:

That's very defensive of you!

I didn't want to vote earlier because I still think Anidav was acting scummy, but it really looks like Coq hosed up which is a better reason than usual to go for day 1 I guess?

##vote SKY COQ

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

Look ok I'll admit the flipping has been somewhat bad play but my whole incentive has been to open up conversation about other options. Which has happened.

I am worth far more to the town alive than dead, and if allowed to live will be a useful bot to have around. Please don't let my death be the first mistake.

Anidav? Is that you?

Day 1 role claiming is bad bad not good. Either you're giving scum free information in a panic (buying you maybe a few hours so you avoid a lynch and then get nightkilled anyway?) or it's a desperate lie.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Coq seems suss, Anidav is still awful at this game, and I'm happy to vote for either if we need the numbers. I'm really concerned that we won't get a lynch today and will just sit on our asses while scum picks us off.
Tomorrow I'll be having a closer look at who put the breaks on the Anidav train and what their motives were.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

At the time the bus on me was too many to count, my suss list was still in the oven at that point. I'm on the same page as you though, low post counts, emoticon voting are both things that do not add to town constructively. I do repeat you are on the right track. I am the inventor of team silent and hate them forever.

Anyway, my suss list in no particular order.

- Milky Moor Low content, light attempts of role play (waiting for data? watching in the shadows?)

- Katdelacour I know nothing about this poster and want to know more.

- Gwynplaine A question nagging me is if Gaspy would be a joker enough to make his own brother(?) scum

- TOML Low content, returns at night to sway the train. Probably busy as gently caress but you can never be too sure

- Splode I would love to see him post more and not so much about me. If my style angers him; I am sorry.

- whatsfordinner Usually has something more to say by now. I'm not holding him against the clock but he was a tad more active in his last game.

Every single one of these arguments is garbage, but you're reliably terrible. Coq actually seems suss, instead of shockingly incompetent.

You've managed to name a few legitimately suss players, but for entirely daft reasons. Milky has safely joined bandwagons and has done gently caress all low content posting.

YOU LITERALLY HAD AN ARGUMENT WITH KAT THIS MORNING. Did you have a head injury this afternoon?

Don't try and metagame it's embarrassing to watch.

And I have posted heaps and yet mostly refrained from addressing your garbage!

So awful at this :negative:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

Oh well, you guys will once again regret this and black_tangled is probably scum. A dog with a jawlock.

Nice omgus dude :thumbsup:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I'm also concerned by whats for dinner and hidden movement charging in with the hammer when it looked like people were going to switch for Coq and change the lynch in the last minute.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

whats for dinner posted:

Pressure's on

I voted for anidav because I was really suss on how he seemed to be begging for people to expend night actions on him using vague, flavour-y roleclaims.

He could've had a cop investigate him, a doctor protect him, a vigilante try and kill him and who knows what else with how many roles there could be. And a single scum watcher would've been able to see all of those people and had a great list of night kill after night kill for the scumdoc, from one night action.

He might have flipped town, but even then, who knows which power roles were planning on investigating him that could've been seen by a scum watcher. Yes, it sucks that we've lost a watcher (and also one of the coolest characters - rip starscream), but a number of other potential power roles have been protected by him not being an option for night actions.

As for the lateness, I was coaching and noticed at the very last second. In the future, I'm going to make a more considered vote earlier in the day and if I don't get swayed I'll just have to stick with it. Sorry :(

I have no special role insight that I needed overnight to write this post for, it's just that I had to phonepost at the death knell.

This is a good rationale, but it you could have just spent some time last night coming up with an excuse after you swooped in to save Coq and the hammer fell.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

Alright, so, who protected Tirade?

##vote Tirade

Ok what is with the role claiming in this game? Also milky I'm sure it wasn't your intention but this looks like you're encouraging more role claims.

Role claiming is a bad idea guys, can we not?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

She also didn't do her usual tactic of throwing out a billion votes on day 1 to stir things up, though she claims it was because she was busy at work.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

hiddenmovement posted:

Hi

I have an ok ability but no idea how to use it effectively. I'm like a toddler with a handgun in that I'll probably just wind up shooting myself.

I think Coq is probably guilty of something on the grounds he talks way too much when it isn't necessary for him to do so. Anidav had a reason to get defensive (he's captain insecure and everyone dogpiled him). Coq just got all chatty.

I hammered Anidav at the last minute yesterday because someone said it needed 11 votes and he was sitting there with 10 with 1 minute to go so I thought it would be kinda funny.

Everyone else is either playing a good double bluff and I can't see the clues, or they aren't posting at all so there's no real info for me to go on.

This is a very very bad excuse. Where's the joke? It really looks like you just went in to defend Coq now, though I have to give you credit for not just stealing whats for dinner's excuse.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

Look, I'm fully prepared to accept that my input is worth gently caress all right now, so I'm happy to stay out. I genuinely agreed with Tirade and Bif's arguments, however.

This seems more like you're pleading the fifth tbh.

If you're town, look who is arguing for your death! There is a good chance they're scum, and if you die we can look at who you butted heads with. If you just shut up and take it it'll be easier for the scum players to just go "aww gee my bad, but all he really did look suss"

dj-bbq posted:

hiddenmovement's posting history:

*oh hey I don't know what's up*

*yeah, lets vote for these (later to be confirmed townies)*

*oh yeah I have this really cool ability but i'm such a noob lol, don't lynch me*

*let's lynch this random guy now"

Going after a very obviously new player making new player mistakes is a safe way of covering your rear end after being called out for being too quiet, dj-bbq

I went through hiddenmovements posts and he just comes across as incredibly new and inexperienced. I doubt it's an act, as he edited his post and that's way too risky a stunt to pull. However, he might still be scum. His actions are justifiable as "no idea what he is doing", but they are on average suspicious too.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Those On My Left posted:

Yes, this is a pretty sound argument.

I'm a bit less suss about Bif right now. It was interesting to see Beet talk me down from that rather than piling on.

I've had a quick look through the post histories of those who've been posting a bit less.

dj-bbq's post levels are so low that I can't believe any scum would do that.

what's for dinner is still on board for lynching coq and has only really made one substantive post, and that was in self-defence.

##vote whats for dinner

Now heading to dinner and drinks, may or may not be back before hammer.

dj-bbq's post count is always ridiculously low, he usually gets lynched for it. That said, today he immediately piped up when he was called out on it, so that's a bit suss.

Your argument for whats for dinner is pretty good. It also doesn't help that his post in self defence was delayed until today after he'd had plenty of time to think of something, so until we get a better candidate

##vote whats for dinner

Especially considering the other suspicious hammer voter was hiddenmovement who has pretty clearly demonstrated he's just a big dumb noob, whats for dinner is much more suspicious.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

hiddenmovement posted:

Maybe he's also brand spanking new at mafia and doesn't know it's a poor play

nah dj-bbq's been in heaps of these games, but he's infamous for hardly ever bothering to post.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

well that's annoying, I got home after thinking on the drive over that I'm tired of this info paralysis with trying to read into everything way too elaborately, and that I might try and stew on the FS thing a while longer. Just trusting that I've made enough of a stink for now that if there's anything worthwhile in there, it'll probably come to light more clearly a bit later. Seeing that some others have voted along with it without any more significant comment is just making me nervous.

So if you guys are just going to follow me around for now instead of posting more scumhuting, I'm just go on that bad feeling I had instead. I don't like how b_t said what's for dinner is the "best bet" out of a big field of nothing.

##vote black_tangled

TOML is giving me a similar feeling for what it's worth.

There is a weak case for whats for dinner, it's not entirely random. Suddenly charging in with the hammer is always suspicious, and while his justification was ok, it's been pretty much his only post all day.

I guess now that I think about it, it's only suspicious if Coq is scum, and if Coq is scum then it makes more sense to vote for him

##unvote

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

While I agree that speculation and scumhunting are valuable, nothing gets the posts flying like some votes. I voted for FS based on some good posts by others and my own suspicions - let's see what that brings out.

dj-bbq posted:

Agreed, and I'm at the pub so making sure I vote in case I don't get back in time.

##vote Freudian Slip

I think there's a big difference between throwing around votes to provoke a reaction and forming a bandwagon based off one posters shaky, speculative case.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

so far dj-bbq has

responded today immediately when somebody said he was quiet

thrown shade at the most obviously new player I've ever seen (seriously hiddenmovement, didn't you go have a look at earlier games before this one? It helps you pick it up much faster)

And then jumped on a shakier bandwagon than both the wagons yesterday.

##vote dj-bbq

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

30 minutes?

Uhh ok lets get some voting happening.

I'll swap on to what's for dinner if he gets the numbers. I can't fit his behaviour to a narrative but it does come across as odd.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm being the unsocial one at this party so forgive my lack of posting.

party on a wednesday? :crossarms:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I'm happy to swap my vote to dinner

I think FS said he would too, so that's 6 for dinner. Still 3 short.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Time to change I think

##vote whats for dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

holy poo poo

• Locked thread