Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

One scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So we're SK hunting. That's loving BALLS.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
code:
establishing connection...
masking subnet...
logging on...

One message waiting. Access message? Y/N

> Y

Receipt of information confirmed. Identities of true_and_real and grandicap leaked to American intelligence
services as accomplishes to current prisoner hal_incandenza.

Payment of $1 million wired to provided account for designee p0que. Payment of $1 million held in escrow
for designee M1lls, minus expenses for follow-up trip. Upon completion of secondary objective, current and
additional payments will be delivered to designee M1lls.

The Jorn Corporation thanks you for your services.
~

His name was West. He'd pierced into the very heart of the most secure of networks, into Langley itself, and walked away unfettered. He'd proven himself as the best hacker in the world as M1lls, and now he'd prove that he was better. That he was more.

P0que had been happy to take the money for the hack and disappear, but West was not going to go quietly. As the plane taxied, he thought ahead to Berlin. There was a man in Berlin, a man whose true name per the files obtained in the Breach was Cristophe Garb. West was going to find him and kill him. M1lls was the greatest hacker in the world. West would become its greatest assassin.

Diqnol, Town Doc, and Grandicap, Vanilla Town have been endgamed. As Town does not have a majority, :siren:Scum have won!:siren:

Mills and Poque, Scum Goons, take a bow!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ah, gently caress. Good game, guys. You played pretty loving well.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

:3:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SOMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Thanks for the game everyone. <3

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

True and Real posted:

Ah, gently caress. Good game, guys. You played pretty loving well.

You all played well; I asked for no lurkers, and I feel like you all delivered. That was by far the most intense D1 I have ever seen.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i can't believe no one believed me RE: Mills :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Good game everyone!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I protected Poque n1 :bang:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't think I got voted all game. And Poque got voted briefly on D1.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Post-Game Thoughts:
  • I like the idea of small games, but 7 players is too small. It eliminates the ability for town to make a single mistake before being in EXLO.
  • There needs to be something to trigger discussion on D1, I think. Look at this game, and how it picked up with the deadline extension. That small nudge was all it took to make an average D1 into something really, really nice.
  • Again, all of you stepped up and delivered. Town may not have been on scums trail, but it wasn't from lack of trying. Overall, this is the best game of mafia top to bottom I've seen on SA. While I feel the need to extend the player list to more than 7, this game proved the worth of pulling in top shelf quality players.

True and Real posted:

I protected Poque n1 :bang:

I laughed when I saw your protect choice.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think we lost the game the instant I decided Mills was town.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

For what it's worth, Poque and I discussed the NK and agreed Grandicap was the smartest choice but it seemed like he was having so much fun and Hal was only half here so we went with Hal for game fun reasons.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, credit to Mills. I poked at Poque once but I was never on him.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

True and Real posted:

I think we lost the game the instant I decided Mills was town.

Sorry for the slow roll. I just wanted to remind you that I haven't lost *it* yet.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think I can keep my meta read of you (posted earlier in this thread) unchanged!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

If y'all are interested, my next game will flow from this one in terms of flavor, and will be built shortly. It's called The Kill. Player size is going to be under 15, with short days again and a bit more in terms of varied roles but still relatively simplified.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm in.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good game everyone, thanks Byers, I liked the "flavor"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Also, I think this is going to be a very good game for me to study.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

If y'all are interested, my next game will flow from this one in terms of flavor, and will be built shortly. It's called The Kill. Player size is going to be under 15, with short days again and a bit more in terms of varied roles but still relatively simplified.

I'll play and be more active early on D1 so Mills and Poque don't have to be jerks again

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Diqnol, I just got your submitted N2 action. Thread, enjoy:

Diqnol posted:

protect Poque

Both nights!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Good game everyone, thanks Byers, I liked the "flavor"

Thanks!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

Diqnol, I just got your submitted N2 action. Thread, enjoy:

Both nights!

Thanks!

s..stop..!!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

True and Real posted:

I think I can keep my meta read of you (posted earlier in this thread) unchanged!

I thought it was close enough without being completely accurate, but I didn't see how any of it would help you pick my alignment!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

I thought it was close enough without being completely accurate, but I didn't see how any of it would help you pick my alignment!

I thought I knew a tell for you but I didn't see it in this game :(

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

What's my tell? :allears:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's a secret :twisted:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Doesn't seem to work though~

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

True and Real posted:

I thought I knew a tell for you but I didn't see it in this game :(

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

How many more games will have to occur where you don't see the tell before you tell me what you thought it was. :shrug:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mills posted:

How many more games will have to occur where you don't see the tell before you tell me what you thought it was. :shrug:

Mills, I'll make you scum next game, and if he doesn't see it he can promise to tell you afterward.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Haha.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, it didn't help me this game, but it might be right in another situation, who knows!

Obviously I'm going to read this game and see if I notice anything for next time.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You have too much time on your hands. If you decide the tell doesn't work in the future, I'd be interested to hear what you thought it was. I guess I can't expect you to tell me while you think it's useful. I don't think tells exist for me though~

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mills posted:

You have too much time on your hands. If you decide the tell doesn't work in the future, I'd be interested to hear what you thought it was. I guess I can't expect you to tell me while you think it's useful. I don't think tells exist for me though~

When Mills is scum and I read a post of his, my computer starts playing Graduation. It's an obvious scum tell when I hear "Good Morning" start up.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, credit to Mills. I poked at Poque once but I was never on him.

all people did was poke at me, nobody really asked me for any true reads. I think I played a lovely scum game, but ya'll let me get away with it.

Playing in a game when Ernie/Diqnol/Mills are all super invested was really intimidating. I posted about that today and it was 100% true. I had a blast though!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Poque posted:

all people did was poke at me, nobody really asked me for any true reads. I think I played a lovely scum game, but ya'll let me get away with it.

Playing in a game when Ernie/Diqnol/Mills are all super invested was really intimidating. I posted about that today and it was 100% true. I had a blast though!

You took advantage of my glaring weakness - you buddied up to me hardcore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mills posted:

When it's finished, I'd be open to another game with the same seven players.

this though. really good experience, I feel like this was the most talented game I've ever been a part of. I'm down to play in the slightly larger sequel but I think a game of the same seven would be just as fun.

• Locked thread