Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I was flatteringly lied to so I've come.

No post restrictions aside from trying to be kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm Goku.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

code:

Had to be sure it was you, p0.
We must eliminate dragonrider6911 before he consumes the game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

code:
//pwn.protocol niner61delta,
DDoS=1,
If(scum)=f(destroy)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

code:

Enemy=ernie.
Reason(1)!=0post
Reason(1)=fucker>9000

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Suggestion: do not ever vote until you have confidence in something. Probably 2 scum so it's dangerous to throw them around.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

We were just discussing a mass flavor claim. I am Lord Nikon.

I am Goku.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Valk will be the last member of mouse crew soon.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I wouldn't object but I love the word "Trill"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh man you pay for that? Become a friend with a mod or admin, Mills.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Also if you buy 10-20 people will start getting it for themselves. You can also give people self change certs to add it if they like you. Also? Mills fan club # goku here.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

Maths Truthbomb #1: In base 11, 10 is a prime number.

I'm gonna lynch you for this injustice

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Here's a math truthbomb: I'd like to be the slope of your derivative so I can lie tangent to your curves

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think Poque is scum. He's being too sideliney even in jokephase.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I wasn't kidding about Poque, by the way.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My friends, if you could pick one person to vig right now, who would it be?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm inclined to vote for Poque or Grandi after catching up. More in a sec

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

everyone else has, or else i wouldn't say it, grandi

mills wouldn't so overtly play diplomacy as scum

i don't think poque would take diqnol so seriously as scum

and diqnol's posting has a certain 'it' quality that i generally find missing when he's scum - he becomes a bit more playful as scum

I don't love this post tbh

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm getting food right now. When I'm all done with this I'll sit down at home and lay down some pseudo dethy truth bombs on ya

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

i think its just ernie dropping ernie bombs

I thought this at first too but it's a lot of leaps really quickly and I don't know why he would do that as town.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Poque posted:

I don't really know how to defend against a one-sentence case of "sideliney in jokephase" aside from "nuh uh"

I think Diqnol's posting is a good way to get the game started since everybody is going to inherently be more careful in a game with a significantly smaller mislynch buffer - not to mention the short d1 deadline limit - but it's not a town or scumtell imo. it's easy to see towny motivations, since it's 100% always good to gather reactions from people, but it's also got scummy motivations if he's just trying to throw out a case that is easily waved away by "well I guess not" after the flip. It would be a mislynch that wouldn't implicate him.

i recognize the hedgey-ness of this scenario, it's just impossible to garner alignment-related thoughts around the way the case is presented.

I think this is a fine analysis but I don't know if I see town Poque making it. He's saying things that are obvious and dressing them up to look townie, I think.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That is to say, I don't think he is actually invested in figuring the game out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think Grandi is scum and I think this

Grandicap posted:

It annoys me that being engaged is a scumtell. I mean I've used to my benefit as scum before by just ignoring things, but responding isn't over the top, it is playing mafia.

I am annoyed that the first time in ages I am both in a game and am giving it the attention I think it deserves and it is coming across negatively.
Also my job sucks, but that is neither here nor there.

speaks to his scum roll more than anything else he's posted. This is definitely a frustrated Grandicap, but do the motivations for that frustration really seem like they're from a place of "you idiots"?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If wishes were fishes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somber revels in being a jerk, he just manifests it differently

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Being quiet in a small game as town is also not a pro strat.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Anyway I'm at work in an hour. Let's see what can be done.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I do apologize though, I thought I would be home all day and then this morning I get an email "Hey, don't you want to go to Tupelo, Mississippi today" and I was like "no not really" and they were like "get your rear end to the airport and fly to Atlanta then to Birmingham then wake up in the morning and drive to Tupelo" and I was like "but my Mafia game!!!" and they were like "suck it"

Life is the ultimate fucker

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'd vote for Ernie.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nah, that's not it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just got my pm back from Byers. My day hack action came back. Looks like Somber is able to perform night actions.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do you have something to share with the class, beet juice?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote Somberbrero

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Please vote for Somber. He just outright lied.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

Somb sounds like he's overplaying though.

Yeah. I'll say right now that I just made that up to see what would happen. I think Somber looks bad in his response.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somber, do you think Mills is scum?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That game is ongoing, Mills, and there are multiple people still alive in it that are a part of this game. Please desist.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

No Mills isn't scum because I've guessed when Mills is scum on day one in 100% of games I've played with him and I'm not guessing that here.

Can you base any of that on content?

Secondly, would you be so kind as to explain what you think of my "gambit" now that you know I made it up?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dammit Kanye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

everyone knew that you made it up

i'm just curious why part of your gambit involved pointing scum at a potential power-role for targeting?

I don't think there are any power roles in this game.

• Locked thread