Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
So everyone's descided I'm scum, and ignores some of the contradictory and outright false arguments against me? I admit, I did things that look suspicious, but you shouldn't ignore some of the strange things Somber is leveling against me.

Reposted for new day, and since people aren't responding to my last post:

Foolster41 posted:

No lynch on day one? That sounds like a terrible idea, but I'm willing to hear why you think this is a good idea. I admit, I'm pretty rusty at Mafia.

Somber posted:
"no lynch sure sounds bad unless it isn't haha let me never talk about why."

How is the later a fair representation of the former? He also claims in the same post that I'm both brining up a subject that's distracting, AND that I refuse to talk about it. Huh?

He agrees with unequivacally with Met's analysis of me, and one of those points is:

met posted:

I'll tell you not lynching on Day 1 is a good move for townies in Role Madness and a great thing to discourage as scum by any means necessary.
He claims that no-lynch is good for townies (something that has not as far as I've seen accepted as fact, though I see no one speaks up on this for some reason), and also is strange since earlier Somber says:

[qupte="somber"]taste. if you have bothered to read this setup you would know that a no-lynch is clearly stupid because our powers are one-use. so now we have to either hold onto them, potentially wasting them, or target them with zero information.[/quote]
So which is it? Is my being against no-lynch a sign I'm scum, or a bad thing? It can't be both.

As for people saying I said he was townish and voted in the same post. I am not an idiot. . As I said, of course what I meant was he struck me as confused town, but the fishyness of his outright misrepresentation pushed me over the edge, thus my vote. That'd be pretty drat stupid to vote someone that I'm claiming is townish. I admit, I should have been more clear.

If that's seriously "the best argument" against me, then I just don't even know.

Kumbamontu posted:

I think the reasons he lists for capps and Hurt are poor but other than that I don't have much of an opinion on it tbqh. Equating lurking to being scum is not a good logical leap

Huh? I did no such thing. Equating lurking with being suspicious is indeed not a huge leap at all. It seems I forgot tastee as a lurker, but both caps and Dr. Hurt stood out more because of their single sentences posts with little content.

Anyway, is it time to claim? or are people at least willing to consider that some of these arguments are dumb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

What does "suspicious" mean if not "scummy" then? Why are they in your negative read pile if suspicious doesn't mean scum to you?

I'm maybe misunderstanding what was meant by "equating lurking with being scum."
I guess I assumed that meant assuming lurking = scum., as opposed to being suspicious of lurkers. Isn't lurking suspicious/scummy? I'd always thought it was something to look out for in players.

As for claim, I'm the Spongemonkey. I'm a role-blocker, using my creepyness to stop people, but I didn't use my power D1 because I hadn't at that point gotten a strong read on people.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

(I forgot to say, its the Quisnos spongemonkey.)

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Sure it's not the...Quiznos spongemonkey?

Yes. I'm pretty bad at spelling (something I was kind of teased about on Mafiascum. My tag was "autor" there)

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

Lurking is not necessarily scummy, no. I personally am more likely to lurk as town because sometimes I end up not feeling like I have anything to contribute

Nothing is objectively scummy aside from bona fide scum slips

*shrug* I disagree, but eh, it's a difference of opinion.

Somberbrero posted:

Goodnight, sweet Foolster. May flights of toasted bread carry you to your rest.

Yeah, I know people are blindly following you and not questioning your bad logic. Good work.

Rurea posted:

Is the spongemonkey the creepy mouse rat hamster bear sock thing that would sing and stuff?
Yes.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Not sure. Probably Somber if he didn't die (but that seems unlikely if I were alive, since people should definitely consider him as scum.).

Otherwise, I'd be open to suggestions, but it's best then if I have a range of people and not say exactly who, so the target doesn't not use their power and defeat the purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Good game all, especially Keane. . I did mess up enough to be lynched, though I still feel a few of the charges against me didn't make much sense/were unfair, but :shrug: it's over now.

• Locked thread