Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
ahhh welcome to the light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
i'm actually coming back to the light, and by light i mean i don't have to carry 50+ lbs. of gear to a gig for That Sound

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
You'll be back. enjoy the 2 years of not-sore-back tho

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
how much for the cirklon

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
if and when i sell it, it will be at least $1500

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
sound generators I could see going sw but I'd still use the cirklon with them. that thing and a laptop makes a nice light gig bag

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
if you were to buy one today youd still have to wait but the ukp is down compared to when i bought it and im a little salty about that

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

they're adding synthesizers and MIDI to mame now, sick

there's a rack mount DX-7 and a couple of others along with the beginning of a Korg M1 driver and a CMI IIx driver that fails the self-test

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

But what kind of texture/soundstage do the diagnostic errors evoke?

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Luigi Thirty posted:

they're adding synthesizers and MIDI to mame now, sick

there's a rack mount DX-7 and a couple of others along with the beginning of a Korg M1 driver and a CMI IIx driver that fails the self-test

holy poo poo nice
this might make my project somewhat pointless but still

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anybody hosed with this yet?

http://www.freedsp.cc/

im thinking of getting one and using it as my compressor/eq block for my ham radio station

kuf
May 12, 2007
aaaaaa
i want to go hard on software, but everytime i try i yearn for an elektron sequencer because i am dumb

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I am hiding from my partner just how much I spent this weekend on nos & replacement parts for a 30 year sampler

e: kinda denying it to myself, too

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

kuf posted:

i want to go hard on software, but everytime i try i yearn for an elektron sequencer because i am dumb

get into reaktor and check out the community sequencers. there's some really weird poo poo people have made

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
sequencers where you draw, sequencers where the every position is based on some XY poo poo, brownian sequencers

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
like do a ton of sound design on the computer then rip a set with just an octa and all your samples

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

my dad has a roland jv-1010, i don't know how external midi sound bank stuff works. can i upload MT-32 sounds to it somehow?

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
i have like 4 different hardware sequencers, keys for playing with, daw with a piano roll. the more the merrier. each approach yield different results.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Granbar posted:

i have like 4 different hardware sequencers, keys for playing with, daw with a piano roll. the more the merrier. each approach yield different results.

Using the computer keyboard (with either one octave on A through L or two octaves on Z through . and Q through P) gives interesting results sometimes, the latter moreso than the former

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wayfinder posted:

Using the computer keyboard (with either one octave on A through L or two octaves on Z through . and Q through P) gives interesting results sometimes, the latter moreso than the former

can you rig this sort of thing to feed a post through

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Captain Foo posted:

can you rig this sort of thing to feed a post through

yeah but it sounds like poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tayter Swift posted:

yeah but it sounds like poo poo

Well I wouldn't expect much else given the source material

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I found a really cool piano sample in my Amiga sample collection and needed to make something with it.

https://soundcloud.com/luigi30/d-minor-amiga-loop

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I've been having lots of fun just grabbing midi tracks and loving with the synths behind them. take me home by Phil Collins for one

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I dipped into the Cubase arpeggiator recently (only just upgraded to Artist) and there's a good amount of cheesy pop and classic trance MIDIs lurking in there. 'Take on me' sounds great with a a savage Hoovery mess of a patch.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Looks like we'll be getting another OP1 update soon, I wonder what fun things we'll get this time :3:

https://twitter.com/jugendingenieur/status/780768448142082049

Edit: found a link to the beta, install as usual https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6qixCnPTYwNN3NVWUhEZnh2RVE/view

Double Edit: This update fuckin rules, the new Arp is fantastic and all of the new presets are really useful/informative

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 27, 2016

Graff
May 10, 2012

we went to a synth festival yesterday and played on the Ddeepmind 12. imagine if - get this - bherginer made a Juno 106?!

Graff
May 10, 2012

also no splits/multitimbral and apparently there won't ever be, so deal with it nerds

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

got some poly action in my eurorack now with the qu-bit chord and flame 4vox. they're both loving sick and I recommend them 100%.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
deepmind looks legit i wont lie

Graff
May 10, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

deepmind looks legit i wont lie

the build quality is a piece of poo poo

...just like the 106

Graff
May 10, 2012

honestly it is fine unless they jack up launch price in response to the hype it's been getting? just don't expect owt mind-blowing.

also smaller than I thought it would be

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
y'all i got an apollo twin duo and some plugins and i think i may be selling all of my outboard preamps because god drat

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Graff posted:

honestly it is fine unless they jack up launch price in response to the hype it's been getting? just don't expect owt mind-blowing.

also smaller than I thought it would be

didnt they already jack the price up from 600 to 1000?

or was the 600 pure speculation? idk

Graff
May 10, 2012

Olivil posted:

didnt they already jack the price up from 600 to 1000?

or was the 600 pure speculation? idk

idk the stall was packed all day long so I guess they got a hit on their hands and they know it

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

hahahahaha look at this garbage

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
holy loving poo poo lmao

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

lord funk posted:

hahahahaha look at this garbage

http://i.imgur.com/GJgJdRV.gifv

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

My first band in the early 90's I dragged this around all of CA - Alesis MMT8, Akai S900, Juno106, Alesis HR16B, Roland (BOSS) DR660, DR550m + guitar and guitar amp.

The last 8 years - laptop with Ableton, interface +guitar and guitar amp.

Working live with a shitload of midi cables and a hardware sequencer sucked rear end. Our S900 sampler had a bug where it would randomly repeat a sample at different intervals about every other show. People thought it was part of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graff
May 10, 2012

Rivethead posted:

My first band in the early 90's I dragged this around all of CA - Alesis MMT8, Akai S900, Juno106, Alesis HR16B, Roland (BOSS) DR660, DR550m + guitar and guitar amp.

The last 8 years - laptop with Ableton, interface +guitar and guitar amp.

Working live with a shitload of midi cables and a hardware sequencer sucked rear end. Our S900 sampler had a bug where it would randomly repeat a sample at different intervals about every other show. People thought it was part of the show.

boyfriend used to run drums and samples from an mpc2000xl he modded with a Zip drive. At one show he switches it on and there's no samples, no songs, just a swirling vortex of gently caress all. after a good hour of panicking we discovered the source of the problem: the disk had accidentally been ejected and was sitting at the bottom of the bag he carried the mpc in.

• Locked thread