Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I hate tutorial videos, would much rather read how to make audio flatulence with maybe a couple of screen shots. I can see the appeal of video but i'll take words over it any day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
For me it's often not possible/convenient to watch a video on something, whereas with text I can skim to the pertinent bit; there's too many videos out there which are like 14 mins long with only 90 seconds of which I'm interested in buried somewhere in the middle. I agree for gear demos and whatnot the audio with a vid is great but if it's just something simple like 'what the mod osc in Massive does' then I'd rather read for a quick overview on a smoke break at work then experiment with it later

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I dipped into the Cubase arpeggiator recently (only just upgraded to Artist) and there's a good amount of cheesy pop and classic trance MIDIs lurking in there. 'Take on me' sounds great with a a savage Hoovery mess of a patch.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Stick a raspberry pi or similar in one of these badboys

Or just run it through a Death Metal and some reverbs

Edit: whoops though this was the A/N/D thread.

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 6, 2016

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
A curious pitching error where the lowest note the kick plays is G#5 when set to a even numbered bpm?

• Locked thread