Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I needed to say that in the Imp Zone, so I'm saying it.

There's so much poo poo to it that I haven't even gotten around playing the other games I bought. It's just too good a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

They keep adding music from games that had excellent soundtracks like The World Ends With You and Legend of Mana to boot. It's a great game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It's no Elite Beat Agents.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Well who could top that?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Eye of Widesauron posted:

They keep adding music from games that had excellent soundtracks like The World Ends With You and Legend of Mana to boot. It's a great game.

i did not know this and that is awesome

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mabels big day posted:

thats a hard bar to raise

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The only slightly annoying thing is when you really want certain shards but you don't have any quests pop up thay give them.

This is easily remedied though especially if you use multiplayer at all.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Some of the characters have really neat gimmicks too that you don't have to use but can be rewarding if you do.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like getting multiples of a character

yuna, yuna, tifa, tifa. go.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

unfortunately it seems they didnt add three minutes clapping, but it's good that square hasn't completely forgotten about TWEWY

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

That game plays surprisingly well on Drastic. Someday I hope to have another one but I'm not optimistic.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I bought the final boss battle for Secret of Mana this morning, and definitely plan to buy some of the Legend of Mana and probably Chrono Trigger music later.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Wait what really? Goddamn, I should get my 3DS fixed already.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The most recent batch added obscure SNES RPG Live a Live. There's also NieR songs now.

I'd be excited for Soul Blazer trilogy and ActRaiser music but I suspect they'll add those to the Dragon Quest Theatrhythm game instead.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mega64 posted:

The most recent batch added obscure SNES RPG Live a Live. There's also NieR songs now.

I'd be excited for Soul Blazer trilogy and ActRaiser music but I suspect they'll add those to the Dragon Quest Theatrhythm game instead.

What the gently caress, NieR and TWEWY? I need to boot this game back up

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Side question: is the iOS port of TWEWY any good or is it fail

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

depends on how much you liked the whole controlling two different characters attacking at once thing

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
it's incredibly good but i want them to add time's scar and dream of the shore near another world from chrono cross so bad.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is sabin a character I can put in my party yet?

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Theatrhythm Curtain Call is incredible, I hope that the second DLC wave never ends (and also that they add more characters)

NickRoweFillea posted:

They got rid of the two-screen combat (partners are just psychs now, like you tap enemies to attack with Shiki), but I thought the new system was fine for a tablet game, and all the other changes are straight improvements. It didn't work on iOS 8 so Square-Enix removed it, but I definitely recommend buying it if/when they put it back up.

Incidentally, if anyone has some tips for understanding the DS version's combat, I'm all ears!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If I remember correctly they said this Theatrhythm would be the last one for a long time and that they just wanted to keep releasing content for it instead of making a new one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

If I remember correctly they said this Theatrhythm would be the last one for a long time and that they just wanted to keep releasing content for it instead of making a new one.

theyve already announced a dragon quest one

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

elf help book posted:

theyve already announced a dragon quest one

Oh poo poo nice

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So if I want to play this I just buy Curtain Call, right, not the original

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

then again i'm still on monster hunter and I've got link between worlds and majora's mask to play here

fuckl

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

So if I want to play this I just buy Curtain Call, right, not the original

yes, curtain call has all the content from the original, all the dlc, and more, and improves features in the original game, adds new control options and online multiplayer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Curtain Call owns, it was one of the first games I bought when I got the New 3DS XL, a must-own game for sure

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

elf help book posted:

yes, curtain call has all the content from the original, all the dlc, and more, and improves features in the original game, adds new control options and online multiplayer

ermagerd i bought this and it has ff14 music in it

whatever you think of mmos that game has some loving good music, fallen angel :swoon:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

curtain call is a top game of last year

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

is the new music patched in or is it dlc

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Simsmagic posted:

is the new music patched in or is it dlc

the game comes with over 200 songs built in, the rest is dlc

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

ermagerd i bought this and it has ff14 music in it

whatever you think of mmos that game has some loving good music, fallen angel :swoon:

loving Titan's theme.

Just add Leviathan's theme and the one where you fight imperial fuckers and I'm set.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Yeah Theatrhythm is super fun

I kind of ignore a lot of the RPG elements and just press buttons to cool music lol. Is this wrong

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

nah the rpg stuff just helps more rpg stuff it stays out of the way if you dont want it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
they've been adding music from nier lately, and its really fuckin excellent

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
How much does this game cost? I got a 3DS late in the game, never picked this one up.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Evil Wings is way too good

Mega64
May 23, 2008

$30, which is a decent price for a 3DS game. DLC is a buck a song.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Its a very good game, OP

Too bad they put in like 20 songs from FF13, 13-2 and Lightning Sucks

imo they should have put in Secret of Mana songs in the original release and had the FF13 stuff as DLC instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I want curtain call pretty badly but I got the original on release and a bunch of dlc and I'm very much against repaying for content

Also, I'd probably sink like $20 more into the additional dlc

• Locked thread