Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

thepokey posted:

Speaking of league games from before - am up in Sydney at the moment and expected the place to be Blues mad (as in, well you know what Blues). But I'm surprised that it's not all that intense really. NRL is dead?

Pretty sure it's described as THE BIGGEST SPORTING EVENT OF THE YEAR. Also in the same sentence they were promoting some crappy movie with The Rock in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Diet Crack posted:

lol Buckley tore his hamstring off the bone in a game of touch footy, Robert Harvey set to be senior coach in his absence.

That was always his weakness - that and premierships :(

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

You Am I posted:

If only he stuck by with the Bears

Yeah don't remind me how old I am.

I get all the FIGJAM and mocking but I genuinely think that he was one of the best players I've seen. Work ethic and fitness was incredible. I only saw him play in person a couple of times but I was impressed.

I also remember the match where he accidently booted the ever living poo poo out of a ball point blank into a team mates head knocking him out cold :O

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Hope they raise lots of money. Wish they had all worn their suits.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Great goal, even better bump.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

pkid posted:

Ok that post match circle was one of the best things I've seen on a footy field.

Agreed.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

The Deadly Hume posted:

Apparently my cousin's kid was amongst the Auskickers at the MCG today. :3:

I played on the SCG as a kid. Did a lap of honour, meat pie n coke afterwards :) The AFL do a great job with that. Something you remember for life from your childhood.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

snaeksikn posted:

i played on subi during an eagles dons match when i was 11 or 12. except they ran it through the school instead of the footy club for some bizarre reason and given my class had never played together as a team before we unsurprisingly got smashed

An actual game? I thought it was just for shits n giggles. drat that's cool.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
^^efb

Haha at half time the players had a swim in the new Michael Long centre. My old man is watching this with me and says back in the day all they had a swim in was the muddy ground they were playing on.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Uh, how much does Paul Roos earn each week?

This is atrocious.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
About time they scored a goal geeze

2 in a row c'mon Dees!

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 4, 2015

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

I want more, do they make more of these? I can imagine how bloody weird our sport appears to them but this was hilarious.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Jesus how long do you have to keep that AV for?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Tippett, not poo poo?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Buddy looking fragile.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I'm at the Swans Pies game. Christ how many coaches/consultants/banner holders are on the pay roll? Thought the crowd had rushed the ground qtr time..

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I thought it was Essendon against betting agency sponsorship.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

thepokey posted:

Essendon have been discussing getting rid of them, or are getting rid of them, but there was one other Vic club who already has (which seems to be Norf)

Good stuff.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Good game this, glad I made the 2hr drive in lovely Sydney traffic.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Hmm legs aren't supposed to bend that way...

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I cant watch replays of leg injuries. God drat that wasn't pretty live.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

ewe2 posted:

I'm glad I'm not watching vision, that injury sounds awful. The Grandstand call is great, it's a real slug-out. And good news, no Goodes boos.

Amazing crowd here, I'm almost deaf with all the cheering :)

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Was expecting the Pies to get flogged and was pleasantly surprised with their performance. I think they'll improve next season.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
This Yank looks like a good player. Well he's definitely got the physique for it.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I wanna see him do a handball & kick!

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
drat I missed it. Busy channel surfing between Golf & F1.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

snaeksikn posted:

lmao stevey j run down in the square that was great

:agreed:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Cool umpire kid is cool

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I can see why they pay Roos the big bucks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
37 goals, great display of the game.

• Locked thread