Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I normally stick to games with flavor I care about, but I'll give this a shot for the role madness aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming. Please don't kill me night 1 again, that sucks.

CapitalistPig posted:

Confirming I'm a badass.

##vote KB

That guys always scum.

This is true, but part of the reason you know this is you are ALSO always scum.

##vote Cpig

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So having listened to a couple of these songs now, I have to admit, they are totally not my thing.

I normally like Prog rock, so no clue why.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

Let's play a game

##vote no lynch

Who am I?

Taste!

What do I win?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I've decided that this is now my flavor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auLBLk4ibAk

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Magnus Gallant posted:

I want to see how it plays out

Like this.

##vote Magnus Gallant

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

At least one of CPig, Chic Trombone, or Somberbrero seems to be placing the group in the limelight for scum reasons (I'm leaning towards either CT or Somber simply due to volume).

Admittedly, this tempts me to vote. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiRuj2_czzw

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Claiming town for your very first post in the thread doesn't seem inherently suspicious to me but it seems pretty pointless and unhelpful. I don't know why you'd bother getting defensive about that and I dont understand why King Burgundy thinks calling that out is worth a vote either

Because this game is boring and nothing is happening. :) This isn't even a good joke phase right now. Where is everyone?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

I bet this joke phase would be better if we turboed somber!

Ok.

##vote Somber

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

How about this, if one more person votes for somber , just so I can say we at least halfway got there, I will give you a present in game, a very serious one that will have far reaching effects in this game.

I love presents.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

YYESSSSSSSSSS

##hammer Somber

YESSSSS BWAYAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

I had this same power in a recent game and didn't get to use it because I got nk'd. I'm super jealous.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi! You are welcome for hammering scum. It was one of the most thrilling moments in my mafia career.

Yeah, I really wish I had used this power when I had it in another game. Super exciting.

CapitalistPig posted:

It cant, I'm vt now.

In case it matters, when I had this power previously, I could use it twice during the game, but not consecutively. I'm sure different mods do things differently though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

I'm going to look this up in a bit, but for the record, has there ever been a scum hammer power on an SA mafia game? Having one to fall on Somber is just enough to be plausibly busing, and I want to see if there is any precedent before we jump to CPig as having an essentially confirmed alignment.

Opopanax posted:

It doesn't matter if there were 100 or this was the first, don't confirm people based on role

I have a hard time imagining Cpig scum doing that to Somber scum as bussing. I know Cpig will do things for comedy, but that seems cruel. I'm pretty sure Cpig is town now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

There isn't a lot to glean from Somber's post history. His interactions with Chic don't seem like bussing to me, but I could maybe see his interaction with Rurea in that light. Similarly, Rurea's interactions with Somber seem to have a really light touch. I could see a Rurea/Somber scum team.

We didn't get a lot of content out of day 1, so there isn't much to go on yet, but this seems like a good start.

##vote Rurea

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

but never mind that the ability could be a 3p one or something

This is actually a fair point as well. I really can't imagine Cpig as scum, but that doesn't discount 3p.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

It's a fair point that proves precisely nothing, and your agreement means even less.

Wow. Aggressive much? Thanks for your feedback now that you have decided to actually play the game after your whopping 1 post on D1.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

Yo this post and this vote stink. What is king burgundys argument? That because I voted somber it must be me bussing him?
This guy and kb and Cardinal x are poops and should be voted out

I agree with you that Milton's post/vote combo on this is bad. But your take on my original argument seems disingenuous to me. I also found it curious that you didn't respond to it at all or comment on it until this point. You had been in the thread and said other things, but you ignored my post and vote on you until there was a weak "me too" vote from someone else that was easier to counter. This is especially sad given that I didn't even think my case was all that strong(just the best that I had at the time), but you still seemed afraid to engage with it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't really buy King Burgundy's argument on rurea at all and I'm a newbie but on the other hand I don't really want to push too hard since my aim for today was to stay off the radar and i've kind of hosed that up already

Yeah I figured as much, I'm a roleblocker with a catch, anyone who targets me for a nightkill kills whoever I target for a roleblock, hence why I think rurea is full of poo poo about being roleblocked because I didn't block him last night so either there's a mafia roleblocker as well or he's just plain scum

This post combo is causing me problems. You don't buy my argument about Rurea, but with very little time elapsed you mention that you DO think Rurea is full of poo poo. Which is it?

I feel like your thoughts aren't consistent here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Its not that I think he's innocent, its that I think your case against him was complete garbage and predicated on thin air

Hmmmm.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

You answered your own question. Your case wasn't strong, I didn't bother saying anything about it because there is no point. I don't really care what yall think of me, just gonna do my best to make sure town wins :boom:

Fair enough.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Does "Confirmed Tracker Mason" mean that he was part of a confirmed town masonry or that he was part of a masonry of confirmed trackers? Or what? This is confusing and I believe, kind of important. I know a lot of people don't like to talk about setup spec but I think it can give us good information.

My take was Tracker in a confirmed town masonry.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm pretty suspicious of pretty much everyone that has voted for him today as well since all votes occurred before I roleclaimed as a roleblocker, so if you wanted my top 3 scum list, I'd probably base it off that at this point, making King Burgundy, Cardinal Ximenez, and Milton Slavemasta all potential suspects

I really don't follow here. You seem to be tying your suspicion of me directly to the timing of my case/vote and also to your role. Even though my case on Rurea had nothing to do with role blocking in any way? What am I missing?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm saying I thought all 3 votes were weak and based on almost no evidence. Your case was basically that you think Rurea had some kind of weird interactions with Sombrero on D1, you didn't really cite any examples and going back over the day I still don't really know what you're talking about. I have the same problem with Cardinal X's case except his is even weaker because its just a suspicion that you and Rurea have a vibe together which I don't really see either. Milton just straight up bought your argument with no questions, which I also find very suspicious. I maintain that we have a lot of breathing room because of the D1 lynch and I dont think we should be rushing in to anything. The only other people who have voted so far voted for Ernie after he "joke-claimed" scum which is suspicious enough to warrant it, and Magnus, who admittedly didn't really give a very good reason and is still on my radar. The only reason I don't really think its worth considering Magnus today is because I think there's actually a pretty good chance CapitalistPigs message is legit, and if it isn't, we'll hopefully have more evidence in that regard in a day or two, so you guys are my main focus for now.

I'm still not seeing the connection to this part:

I'm pretty suspicious of pretty much everyone that has voted for him today as well since all votes occurred before I roleclaimed as a roleblocker, so if you wanted my top 3 scum list, I'd probably base it off that at this point, making King Burgundy, Cardinal Ximenez, and Milton Slavemasta all potential suspects

What you say in the top quote, and earlier in the thread(in a weirdly aggressive way) about the weak case I understand and even agree with to a point. The part where you seem to be saying in the second quote that somehow the timing of them being before your claim made it worse is what is throwing me off. I'm trying to understand what you were thinking when you typed that. It doesn't make sense to me.

No matter how I read that section I can't find a way to parse it that makes sense. Something is off.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm very interested in finding out who else is in this masonry if it's confirmed town. Being that this is role madness, doesn't seem like a bad idea to claim town mason when there are bigger power roles to NK

No way. If I was a mason in this game I absolutely would not claim unless I had to. Remember the flip:

Kumbamontu posted:

[b]The Ninth Layer, Town-aligned Confirmed Tracker Mason, has been ripped apart Night 1!

That means the mason probably has another power in addition to being a mason. So he becomes target priority one for the scum team as confirmed town with a power role if he reveals.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I just don't think there was a good reason to accuse Rurea so early into D2 when D1 was cut very short. You claimed Sombereros interactions with Rurea felt off to you despite the fact that we barely saw any action on D1. If your reason for doing so was to coax Rurea into getting defensive and slipping up, whatever, but if there's actually some substance to your accusations, I'd like specific examples. After I role-claimed and Opopanax more or less confirmed it there could have been a better motivation to vote for him but I don't think that really existed beforehand and that's why I brought it up.

It's mafia. People vote so that we know where they stand. Rurea was in absolutely no danger when I placed the first vote on him. I can see the argument for holding votes at LYLO, or holding votes when it would hammer them early on earlier days, but your argument that people shouldn't vote until deadline? (If I'm reading that right?) That seems ridiculous to me.

My case was weak, but I'd happy to fully case it out with quotes if I go after Rurea again. We'll see.

I feel like this poo poo is fabricated to give you something to do in the thread. I'm leaning scum on you now.

##vote MC Eating Disorder

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

A really really weak case on me based on speculation that I was bussing somber, and had a "light touch" despite the fact that I clearly voted him and Somber was strongly against me. KB is just making poo poo up.
The "He Does" Cardinal is referencing is my clarifying Ernie's position when Meds was putting it into question. It had nothing to do with KB. At all.
And Cardinal X thinks that this is worth bringing up again AND worth a vote? Feels like he is fabricating a situation for a safe vote.

##vote Cardinal Ximenez
I know its a big post with lots a quotes but please let me know what ya'll think.

Your case really doesn't seem much stronger than what I had on you, but you put the effort in and I can see what you see. I'd be willing to vote for Cardinal.

I do want to point out one thing though. When you said "he does" as your only post after my accusation on you, that DOES have something to do with me. To me it felt like you were avoiding my case to let the thread move on and weren't willing to engage with me. But then when Milton hopped on with that godawful vote you finally felt comfortable responding. I haven't played with you enough to know how that tracks with your typical play, but it felt really weird to me since I know how I would react.

You are much lower on my list at the moment though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Good Sir posted:

Sometimes, on occasion, I think to my self: "Hey, jokephase may be stupid and I should avoid it" then I think to my self "no. wait. I could be wrong. jokephase MAY BE ESSENTIAL. Who knows?" So, Somber, why do you think you're so special as to be the one who KNOWS jokephase is not a good part of mafia?

Did you forget you are in this game? It's been 4 days since this post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

It's role madness.... Everyone has something to do. Unless you're a doc or a cop I see no reason to specifically fear being NKed aside of just random choice by scum.

Because if it is a confirmed town masonry they'd be confirmed town, in addition to having a power. I mean, I guess if they wanted to make themselves a target to play chicken with the scum and any protective roles that is something they could do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What? But scum obviously already knows who's not one of them..

Wow. Really?

If there are confirmed town among us, the scum have less places to hide.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

This was a serious scumclaim.

its ernie guys.

What makes you think it was serious?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Magnus Gallant posted:

That's what i've been saying.

I also think Chic is scum.

The below post is what you referred to when you claimed Chic was scum:

Chic Trombone posted:

It's also the weekend so postings gonna be down for the next couple days compared to what it might normally be, or at least that's how it normally goes.

Can you explain why this is scummy?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Uh yeah if we aren't in their scum doc, we are town... Right?

I am flabbergasted right now.

I don't understand where the communication breakdown is happening, but I give up.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Basically, the 'confirmed town' bit means absolutely nothing if all but one person is dead. If they're all dead, they're confirmed town (or not if there's a janitor, who cares, they're dead). If it's down to one person, the mason claim is only testable by lynching the claimer, in which case, who cares, they're all dead.

If not all of the members are dead, the best possible use of the confirmed town bit is for all of them to come forward at once at a crucial point in the game.

I actually mostly agree with your previous post on this, but there is part of this I don't agree with.

Are we in agreement that it is not possible for there to be a single confirmed mason? AKA, there have to be at least two?

If so, then if someone DID claim they were the other mason at this point, they would be absolutely confirmed town if no one counterclaimed them, right? You seem to be saying that isn't true and I'm not sure why.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

A single confirmed mason is simply 'confirmed town',there'd be no point in making them a one-man mason. Granted, this is a role fuckery game.

In a vacuum, i.e, no further investigative results, no, they're not confirmed town. This is because without an additional person to back up the claim or some magic breadcrumb, you have a claim that's only testable by them dying, which would confirm it and make it useless. At best, it buys the person a day if they're on the ropes.

An interesting scum gambit would be to figure out the other mason, kill them, and then claim the mason was three-person, assuming that it's a two-man group.

Because of the bolded text, this opinion still seems wrong to me, fwiw. Like, I get what you are saying if there were TWO dead masons. At that point a third has absolutely no verification. But with only one dead confirmed town mason, a second mason claiming with no counter claim would pretty much be mod confirmed town for me. By the nature of the role, there have to be at least two.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I think MC looks townie out of the whole roleblocker claim thing.

This is some bad false equivalence here. His two posts are talking about completely different things.

I suppose I can't rule out that I'm crazy, if no one is seeing my sign of this. But I've reread that stuff several times now and I'm still seeing it. I see what I see.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I am TNL's confirmed mason best buddy. We shared a tracker role as long as both of us were still alive.

As I've been saying, this confirms you as town, imho. My guess is you will get killed tonight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Save your ultimatums, they won't be necessary.

I used Ninth as a body double last night, i.e, he'd take my place for the purposes of nightkills.

So, uh, good job, person who hates me.

I think this claim is nonsense. Either MC or MCS is lying about their role, imho. This much kill redirection does not make sense with what we've seen thus far.

Since no one else is seeing MC at the moment, I'll flip to MCS. But they are my top two.

##vote MCS

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

MEDS CURES SCHIZOS (whose avatar is of a MS Paint Adventures character called "Spades Slick")
Bus Driver
Two Probably Mutually Exclusive Possibilities

Left in case I got suddenly killed.

I don't understand what this means. Can you solve the puzzle for me?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh also what made you choose MCS to self-roleclaim? I don't get it as a D1 play and I'd like a lot more justification for that as well

I'm curious about this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, I'm caught up. I'm a bit distracted going through my kids nighttime ritual, but I'll be around-ish until deadline for any discussion.

• Locked thread