Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Ruan Potts is a tough dude. That was some serious full mount ground and pound. I dont think many people could eat those punches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bundt Cake posted:

I guess theyre not so bad, them or the posts about how Rhonda is like Mike Tyson

lol yeah

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

vainman posted:

Because it would be a cool fight, 135 is cleaned out, and it's becoming apparent that Cyborg can't make the weight

There are at least two other fights to be made before having a special match in another weight class for a fighter that isn't even in the UFC.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Does a striker with good takedown defence even exist in wmma?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
So after the hobo left, I thought it would be a boring main event. Thankfully, I somehow attracted some more folks to share the joy.:

Reaction-groupie(?) After ronda's win:

We then discussed how to properly waste the 10 bucks cover charge we didn't spend and I'm pretty sure I nailed it at the next gas station:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
They should just show the Grasso fight from Invicta last night because it was bloody amazing.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm pretty sure the equivalent of what we just saw would be flat-out walking up to Tyson the second the fight started, arms dropped and chin raised in defiance, and I'm pretty sure that never happened

Like, this was historically ridiculous

I'd say this was pretty close to Tyson vs Marvis Frazier.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Tezcatlipoca posted:

There are at least two other fights to be made before having a special match in another weight class for a fighter that isn't even in the UFC.

What are the two other must see fights to make?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Dangersim posted:

Does a striker with good takedown defence even exist in wmma?
we have yet to observe a shred of empirical evidence that a striker exists in wmma at all

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bundt Cake posted:

A fighter rushed in with their hands down and threw a dumb thing, then a person who is a better grappler owned them. historic seems like a big word

She broke her own record for quickest fight and tied the company's record for quickest fight.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Neodoomium posted:

My arm is the answer, the question is WHAT'S POPPIN

- Cat

With a pull of an arm and a tap get a crowd to their feet and a Joe to accost us.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

vainman posted:

BESHA COHAIRA

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Chris James 2 posted:

She broke her own record for quickest fight and tied the company's record for quickest fight.

I thought you meant Cat was historically dumb

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Chris James 2 posted:

it was tied for quickest submission

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

The Duck of Death posted:

How the hell did Tate make it into the third?

Tate is the second-best grappler in the division after Rousey herself, and in particular she's notable as the only woman who's been able to occasionally escape an armbar attempt from Ronda. Miesha is a bad fighter in some respects but let us just say that her grappling is legit :shrug: At this point it seems like if you step to Ronda with a skill set based in striking, you're hosed. It's like Gracie-Jimmerson out there. But if your game is grappling-based, like Tate or Carmouche, you might be able to stay alive long enough to make it a show.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
heres the gif if anyone still wants it

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

vainman posted:

Now you're moving the goalposts but Bethe Correia and Holly Holm are both in the UFC and can make 135. Also, gently caress Cyborg and Tito.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

vainman posted:

bethe and a cat that isnt dumb

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Also, gently caress Cyborg.
I think ronda has these same feeling on cyborg, and basically is going to play hard ball about ever fighting her

Tyree fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 1, 2015

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

With a pull of an arm and a tap get a crowd to their feet and a Joe to accost us.

Cat needs a new megatron
Coz the die cast was metal and blasted her left arm

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

dear santa, please deliver that slowmo gif of koschek dying w/ drool battle damage

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
The guy said he hoped Cyborg would cut to 135. It seems like she can't so they should just hold the fight at 140 or 145. Who cares about 135, there are no challengers

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
For Bethe they can use the "she's beaten up Ronda's friends" thing for marketing at least.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
That was like a some tarantula poo poo.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

To be fair Ronda will probably lose just like Tyson, to someone who isn't intimidated and has a jab

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
With respect to Cyborg, let's be honest and admit that aside from just the weight cut she has a big road block since the UFC is struggling through a big fat PED scandal and the commissions (CSAC, at least) are coming after the fighters.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

UFC 184 has thoroughly owned (except for Holm).I am actually inspired to work in my grappling holy poo poo.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 1, 2015

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

vainman posted:

The guy said he hoped Cyborg would cut to 135. It seems like she can't so they should just hold the fight at 140 or 145. Who cares about 135, there are no challengers

I think this is why people were talking about whether you actually need a credible challenger to sell a RR/Tyson fight.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
OOOHHHH NOOOOOOO we're gonna let 15 pounds determine whether or not we hold the 21st century's Hogan vs Andre

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Is the presser done?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Dangersim posted:

To be fair Ronda will probably lose just like Tyson, to someone who isn't intimidated and has a jab
this is literally her nightmare match and no one in her entire division is equipped with the tools

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

theacox posted:

OOOHHHH NOOOOOOO we're gonna let 15 pounds determine whether or not we hold the 21st century's Hogan vs Andre

Never forget that Cyborg pulled mount repeatedly against Gina Carano, a fighter so hopeless at grappling that she just stood up from full mount because she didn't know what to do from that position.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ninja PD posted:

Is the presser done?

Hasn't started.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

theacox posted:

Casual fans dont know or care about cyborg though. Ronda could fight a mop and it would get 350k buys.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Which one is Mickey Rourke and which one is Ronda's mom?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

EvanSchenck posted:

Never forget that Cyborg pulled mount repeatedly against Gina Carano, a fighter so hopeless at grappling that she just stood up from full mount because she didn't know what to do from that position.

Hogan beat Andre

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dangersim posted:

Oh man. I hope we get to see fat and obviously on coke RR.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

TheRationalRedditor posted:

this is literally her nightmare match and no one in her entire division is equipped with the tools

I agree but who knows, nobody gave Buster a chance either. If watching combat sports has taught me anything it's that no one is unbeatable and anyone can be exposed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

The Sphinxster posted:

Oh man. I hope we get to see fat and obviously on coke RR.

That fact that Tyson managed to get really fat while having a huge cocaine problem is one of his most underrated achievements

• Locked thread