Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
like, am i the only one who thinks it's a bit rich of you to call this guy out for being anxious about group therapy? at least he came out to it on his own volition, that's one of the hardest things to do, and a step in the right direction.

drat those cancer patients, why don't they just sack up

edit: you don't sound like a very supportive peer, maybe he's picking up on that, too

nishi koichi has a new favorite as of 10:34 on Jul 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

Favorite colors are my peeve. They're for young children. If your aesthetic sensibilities are so loving childish that you actually think one subsection of the color wheel is somehow superior to all other sections, jesus, grow up.

I think that when most people say "my favorite color is blue" they really mean "when I was seven years old, I kinda liked blue, and everyone had to pick a favorite color because that was a thing grown ups ask you, and I haven't reexamined that decision since."

getting this mad that something is for children, is for children

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

surely leno? he's like their god or something

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Kanine posted:

one of my pet peeves is how on somethingawful there's like this unspoken "if you are enthusiastic about a piece of media and want to talk about aspects of it that you enjoy you're a loving loser nerd"

also if you like ____ you're a child

as if actual adults give a poo poo, lol. reminds me of being a kid and insisting i was an adult because i don't watch that show-- it's for babies

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

yeah but who fuckin cares? i could give a poo poo about star wars, etc, but it doesn't affect me if someone likes it

edit: i guess getting caremad about what other people like is the real pet peeve here

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

halloween is absolutely the best holiday. an entire day devoted to horror, intrigue, eating candy and being someone/thing else? c'mon

what other holiday can my friends serve me jello shots out of big-rear end syringes

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Most of everything is poo poo. Better to think something will be poo poo and get pleasantly surprised than assume everything will be great and spend your life disappointed.

be honest with yourself, this poo poo doesn't work at all lol. what a waste

speaking from experience it's better to keep your expectations moderate than to think everything is poo poo

depression is one thing but i don't tolerate willful cynicism anymore

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

I expected this post would be poo poo and it was. This leaves me happier than if I'd expected it to be good.

okay, sweetie

Kanine posted:

i think i remember this from an episode of southpark

lol

nishi koichi has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Aug 24, 2019

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i like when people spell it "sweaty" by mistake

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

Not really. I mean it looks cool if one guy has it, but not if everyone does especially guys who don't have a matching face. Along with all the beards it's a move towards aesthetic "manliness", to the point where you hardly ever see just an androgynous guy on the street anymore.

👋🏾

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

idgi your pet peeve is descriptive language?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

yeah i eat rear end is the concept of crabs in a bucket, personified

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Midig posted:

Another big pet peeve. Is when people comment that you look tired, when I am not tired. I come early into work and set up coffee, snacks and check my phone in blissfull silence because I am going to be talking to people for 4-5 hours straight. I mean, even if you were concerned, you could just ask "Hey, how is it going?" and then gauge by my response instead of me having to backpedal and have to explain that I am just trying to have a moment for myself. Maybe I just have some serious resting bitch face. Half of the time those people don't even know you well enough for it to be even appropriate.

especially random strangers, who aren't really saying it because they care. why is this acceptable? it's basically "yo you look like poo poo today". er, thanks? what do you want from me? please just scan my stuff.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

if you've ever used "darwinism" to justify a lack of safety features for something, you deserve to face a firing squad

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

amp is the loving worst

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i miss when the neighborhood didn’t sound like a kennel. there used to be one dog barking (15 feet from my window but still, just one...) and now there are five in different houses. and they pull that annoying chain bark, too. i know you’re trying to fill the void in your meaningless existences with yet another accessory, but i got poo poo to do

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

the sweetest dogs i knew were old hounds that basically turned into big, goofy cats. i can’t really deal with most dogs, they have zero chill and it’s exhausting being around them. and it seems half the time their owners are stressing out telling them “don’t do this, don’t do that”, when i just wanted to come over and hang out :(

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

oh, and calling someone a “dog racist” when they don’t like pits

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i have three separate bluetooth devices with a voice that “helpfully” speaks when it’s turned on, off, or has a low battery. once the low battery message on my speaker barked behind me at 3am, and i about died

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

nah

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

“dog mom” makes me want to die

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't know poo poo about the orignal comics but how on god's good earth is this supposed to express the idea that these fucks are "protecting and serving" our neighbourhood??

it is a fascist symbol of death, that’s literally all

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i seem to remember the first few reaction videos being like “let’s get grandma or some army dudes to watch 2g1c” and those were pretty funny

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

i hate when in movies, they need blood for something, so they just loving cut the palm of their hand across with a big knife instead of just lightly pricking their finger or extracting it properly with a needle in the elbow

the pain is part of the sacrifice? obviously more theatrical too but that’s my guess

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i like to replace the tp early and sit the roll that’s still good for a few more dumps atop the new roll :3:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

overusing garlic is a noob cook’s way out of being unable to balance flavors correctly :colbert:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i somehow lost a pair of boots that i freaking wore when i moved in here, they were my favorite and i’m still incredibly pissed about it.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

between this and the unpopular opinion thread, shiba’s got the weird europey sheltered dork thing on lock. congrats, man

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

if you’re going to require that everyone uses hand sanitizer before shopping, don’t loving put out the most perfumey garbage you can find. i’ve washed my hands like 5-6 times and i can still smell it. just go scent free for gently caress’s sake. horrible

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i’ve cut my hair myself for the past seven years, it’s a pain to find a good black-owned barber in some places and you just adapt, because who else is going to do it? anyone complaining about cutting their own hair (short of people with disabilities) should sack up and learn

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

give me extra fridge/freezer/shelf space and a car and we’ll talk

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Dip Viscous posted:

I bought a little folding shopping cart thingy so that I can transport more groceries at once and shop less frequently, but two weeks worth in one go is long enough that most of the food I bought would spoil before I could eat it, storage space for it or not.

same. even though i have one of those carts myself (car would hold more though), and even if i had space for all that poo poo, there’s no way i could manage to eat all the perishables in time. shopping pre-covid was already excruciating and a huge anxious drain on me without having to worry that my food will spoil and my loving ebt is wasted

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i do miss going to shows but seriously, get a loving hobby or something. shy dorks like me have dealt with this forever meanwhile you’re complaining about not being able to get a haircut. cut your own goddamn hair?

for all the rightwing idiots who whine about self-sufficiency, they have absolutely none of it themselves and they fold like a cheap card table at the slightest inconvenience

also gently caress all those insulting “we’re in this together” commercials. gently caress you, your situation and ours aren’t even remotely the same, you rich pricks

nishi koichi has a new favorite as of 18:48 on Dec 16, 2020

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Pit bull discourse is a peeve. They’re not inherently monsters or anything but the breed does have bad traits and there’s no reason to breed specific breeds at all unless it’s a working dog breed. Take care of the existing ones bc they did nothing wrong but stop breeding them.

Also, they are ugly as gently caress and I have never wanted to see a pic of someone’s pit bull. And hell I basically never see anyone actually mad about pit bulls, it’s always someone posting their doughfaced little monster dog and going “UNFRIEND ME IF U HAVE ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THE BEST AND SWEETEST BREED”

agreed. i feel like people try way too hard to like those ugly fuckers

InediblePenguin posted:

better "pibble" fans, imo, than pug apologists.

pugs don’t regularly tear people apart

nishi koichi has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Dec 19, 2020

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Foxfire_ posted:

Neither do pitt bulls. There's only 10-20 dog attack deaths per year in the US. More people die from getting hit by lightning.

there were 48 dog bite fatalities in 2019, 33 of those deaths were caused by pits, never mind injuries.

from 2005 to 2019, 346 out of 521 deaths were caused by pits

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

ORDERED FRODAY.... RECEIVED MONDAY SON LOVES IT... ONE STAR

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You don't even have to put it back honestly, just do the bare minimum of leaving it in plain sight

poo poo all you really have to do is bring it to the cashier (which you were doing anyway) and tell them you changed your mind

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm currently peeved at my roommate because for three or four mornings in a row he has cooked up some massive onion/mushroom stir fry and the stove is right next to my room so I just have horrible itchy eyes.

i’m your roommate, those are breakfast burritos and you can have some if you want

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

When people (admittedly, this is mainly hacker news, which is already a cesspool) start a reply with "False."

Talk like not a robot please

i also hate “wrong.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Dip Viscous posted:

I'm the opposite and hate that my current microwave automatically clears the timer after being idle for 10 minutes. On my old one I'd put 99 minutes on it and then never clear it until it was time to set it back to 99 again.

i’d do this if i weren’t afraid i’d forget something in there