Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
That kind of reminds me of when people ask me about my older brother (2 years older than me). I still live in my hometown, but he moved away ~3 years back. Whenever I see people that we both knew in high school, they always ask me for details about what he's up to. It's just kind of annoying since we haven't exchanged more than 5 words with each other since he moved. I always have to just tell them "I don't know, why don't you ask him?" It's even worse when they don't even bother asking about me. You know: the person they're talking to.

drat, that makes me sound like an rear end-hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

water bill was $400/month.

drat, that's slightly more than my monthly mortgage payments. I have heard that there has been a struggle with water availability in the southwest, but goddamn that is horrible.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

It sounds like you need new friends/family.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

And of course there's the opposite end of the spectrum, which is when people don't respond to your texts at ALL.

Hey you said you wanted to do [ x ], do you want to do it this weekend?
*crickets*

The worst part of this for me is that a lot of these same people are constantly diddling with their telephones when you end up hanging out with them in person, so I know they just straight up ignored the text. I barely hang out with somebody specifically because of this. I'm not about to sit around waiting for a response that may never happen, and then hang out with him while he answers random texts and browses reddit.

Like, I get that I"m not that exciting or dynamic of a person, but drat that's just rude.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

teenytinymouse posted:

Some days no matter how careful I am putting it in my menstrual cup just keeps poking my insides, it is the most infuriating low level irritant and I'm going to loving snap in a minute and start loving free bleeding

This reminds me of one of mine. I wear oxygen at night due to a chronic illness, and sometimes the canula will not sit right in my nose at all. It's either poking at the inside of my nose wrong, or it's pushed against the roof of my nostrils. It's even worse when it's a fresh one that hasn't been properly broken in. I've been on oxygen regularly for ~23 years, you'd think I could get it right by now :downs:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

edit2: Oh, one pet peeve unrelated to the other stuff in this post - radio programs that play a car honk noise. That poo poo drives me crazy; do they not realize people are listening to this stuff in their cars? I always look around confused trying to figure out if someone is honking at me.

This but with sirens. I go nuts for a second checking all my mirrors and looking around trying to find the ambulance or police car. Then I realize it's Fred Fuckface's Used Car Emporium alerting me to his emergency blow-out sale or something.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

yo rear end is grass posted:

they will just say how they have no time to do that poo poo

This is a peeve of mine. People who always say that they don't have time to do something. It is sometimes a valid excuse, but the folk I usually hear say it are usually full of poo poo.

I guess I share in the sad sentiment of the quoted post in that people often don't seem to understand what they themselves actually find important their lives. This post has kind of veered off of pet peeve territory, but just verbalizing the annoyance got me to understand it better.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Cleretic posted:

...wait, why would you do that in a car?

My last car had a busted stereo, so I would often listen to my iPod quietly in my right ear when driving. It's perfectly safe and legal. Just make sure you can still hear sounds around you.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

RedContraGuy posted:

Folks who demo their loud car stereos at midnight or later on a weeknight in a residential area.

This happens regularly in my neighborhood during the warmer months. The stereos here actually make the windows of my house rattle. It's absurd.

Related to that are mopeds. I get that for lower speed limit areas they're very convenient and efficient, so I can't get to mad. That being said, they're loud as gently caress and they frequently whiz by my house when I'm trying to watch TV.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I think I'm probably in the minority of weirdos who refer to their servers as "sir/ma'am" instead. Really anyone who is working in a service position gets my respect, so I address them to reflect that.

One that gets me though is older mechanics and repairmen often refer to me as "buddy." I'm a 5' 6" 120 lbs dude, so I'm pretty small, but that just seems insulting. It seems like it's one step away from calling me "kiddo."

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

The worst was when this crazy MOM, who made sure to point out that she is a MOM all the time (another pet peeve on its own), laid into me hard about how apple is evil and polluting the environment and money and blah blah while in loving English class in community college.

Older people who attend college/university do this poo poo all the time. I attended a commuter university for several years, and it seemed that we'd inevitably have to put up with some middle-aged mom or old, retired dude who'd poo poo up class time with pointless rants.

Maybe that frustration is why I never finished school :downs:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

My pet peeve is people who assume I have encyclopedic knowledge of their favorite bands and musicians. Also people who think that you have to have encyclopedic knowledge of certain bands and musicians in order to earn the right to enjoy their music.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I've never seen that mistake in my life before (thankfully). Maybe they're going for "expediently?" That's the only explanation I can think of in that case.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Here's a forum peeve: people who respond to another post with nothing else but a Youtube link. No description of what the video is. Just a loving link I have to click and wait for another page to load, and if the title looks worthwhile then maybe watch. Sometimes the title sounds promising, so I now have to watch a goddamn ad, then the ad finishes and I find out the videos more than ten minutes long and gently caress that I ain't got time for that poo poo...

Sorry, there was no other way to express my frustration than a terrible run-on sentence. Those peeve me too. Oh, and people who don't capitalize or punctuate. It comes across as dismissive and condescending to me.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

That extremely tired forums joke: "Mods change my name to __________ (insert amusing phrase from earlier in thread) tia"

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I hate when people make posts like this and don't say what country/province/state/town/etc they're referring to.

Same here. There's no reason to be so coy when you're already posting anonymously.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Both because I saw it on this very page, and because I've seen it happen a lot lately: the abbreviation of "until" as "till."

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Pet peeve: food derails in every goddamn thread on this forum. Somebody brings up a food preference and that's suddenly the cue for everyone to rush in to get theirs in. Maybe this is over-stepping, but I don't think very many people really care about strangers' food preference.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

I hate when people deliberately mess up the title of things they don't like, it's such a lazy way of expressing disdain and doesn't even do that, like people discussing modern cartoons calling Steven Universe "Stephen" Universe. It's not clever, it's not funny and it's just annoying to read. At least do something with it. "50 shades of Gay" (made up example but you get the idea) and similar things is just as stupid a thing to do, but at least there is a vague attempt at a joke, although that sort of thing is just as annoying to me.

My least favorite is 'Big-chinned Family Guy' in place of 'American Dad.' They're not even very similar of shows. It reeks of the "hating on Seth MacFarlane" bandwagon.

For the record, with regards to 'Steven Universe' I honestly wouldn't know which spelling to use. That's really likely an honest mistake ~80% of the time.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

MagusofStars posted:

It’s the best (worst?) with older people who have lived in the same place a long while, because you don’t just get directions for today but also what used to be there.

“Turn left at the Starbucks which used to be a gas station, then pass the former dry cleaners which shut down in 1992 and has been a few things since...it’s an auto parts store now I think? Then turn right at the old penny mart which became Sears and is now Target.

Oh man, I have to laugh at myself now because I do this poo poo all the time and I'm not even old yet. My city has changed a bunch in the past ten years, so my directions are full of needless "this used to be." I definitely see how annoying that is though and will make an effort to curb this crap.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

oldpainless posted:

It’s best to play it safe and just refer to them as females

Femoids

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I'm the youngest of nine children, so I just assume I won't get anything nice ever regarding food. It was good training for adult life when everything is disappointing.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

On a related note I've had people tell me that my chronic lung disease that I've had since I was an infant is "all in my head." What the hell, dude!?

I guess that's way beyond a pet peeve at that point.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

MightyJoe36 posted:

Everybody has a smartphone now

This assumption peeves me.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

You put a quarter in a lock, and you can get a cart. Then when you return the cart a quarter pops out.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

All I've learned from this conversation is that Shibawanko is a massively racist poo poo-head.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

A language can't be changed overnight, and in English calling people "it" sounds very, very wrong. Like, "removal of human rights" wrong.

Ok, that might be hyperbole, but hopefully you get my meaning.

edit: f,b.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Kanine posted:

cis people get pissy when you misgender their pets but then refuse to use your pronouns even though you're a human being, not an animal that has no concept of gender

People who make generalizations that you can't refute lest you be called "fragile."

Of course I'm fragile; I'm a human being.

Also, triple-posters.

These are some more of my peeves.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

QuietLion posted:

I unironically support this with no questions asked.

As an adherent of polite speech, I agree full-heartedly as well.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I assume it's a breath control technique (like in many martial arts), but it seems a lot less common among men's tennis players. In conclusion, I'm not really sure.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

i will never calm down

You flew off the handle because someone agreed with you. Don't try to play it off like you were joking.

I absolutely can't stand when people won't admit fault.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

To be fair to InediblePenguin, it's impossible to keep track of everyone's stupid gimmick on here.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

The Mighty Moltres posted:

She was just chasing after birds as a happy dog is wont to do, and she happened to run into a guy taking pictures.
Then he kicked her.

See, now you've changed the narrative. In the original story your dog jumped on the guy, and he reacted in self-defense. In my eyes, you still suck. He had no way of knowing what the dog's intentions were.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I just read "jumped onto" and "ran into" differently I guess. They're not the exact same thing to me.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Don't get me started on the 'fill out this survey to help our advertisers'. Who would do this? Who would provide companies with this information for free???

I do.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

I feel like you're reading a lot into his posts that isn't there and should relax a bit. He's not "forcing his will" on anyone, good grief, he's talking about a semantic difference between Australian and American English.

In their defense, I wouldn't give Tiggum the benefit of the doubt at this point either.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Butt Detective posted:

I keep getting ads like 10 seconds before the end of a video, which is dumb and annoying.

I think those are for videos that have a 10-20 second outro (a still with links to other videos, names of patrons, etc.), and putting the ads there catches the people who click out early to avoid the ads at the actual end of the video. So like you said: dumb and annoying. Eventually Youtube will crush itself under the weight of its own advertising.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Peeve: my alcoholism. I joke but dang yall withdrawal sucks!

:same:

Four days out I'll still have a headache and all my bones hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

My roommate is on disability, and does not work, yet when she's awake in the morning, she cannot stay out of my way for the ~45 minutes between my shower and leaving for work. You have all day (and night) to put the dishes away, why must you do them while I'm trying to make my coffee?

Maybe she's lonely.