Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah it's some thing that showed up on Drudge this morning. Complete nonsense of course, like any other thing posted on that site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I can't think of anything either. It's unprecedented to see a foreign leader speaking before Congress without the approval of the President.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

Hahahaha oh god. Apparently Brownbeck's cuts have pushed Kansas so far in debt it may be forced to take the Medicaid expansion. They are looking at options similar to Arkansas because the money that would come in would boost the health sector of the economy and cut their expenses (since the Feds would pick up the tab for Medicaid)
Literal full circle of stupid

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The one time I agree with Paul Begala.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

zoux posted:

My god if the government could track our mail....the horror.
It's funny because they are already doing this for flimsy reasons due to the Patriot Act.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Menendez is having a bad year between this and his meltdown over Cuba relations

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well I think part of that was also because he lost his chairmanship. If he still had it I think they would have done something differently.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

New DNC messaging and strategy document for 2016-2020 contains plans for returning to the "50-State Strategy."

Going to be tougher to implement in states where the Dems were wiped out of state and local offices. The 2010 midterms really screwed the party for at least a decade at the state, local, and congressional levels.
And yet no one in party leadership left or got fired after the last election. So I'll believe it when I see it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rick Perry should always be formally referred to as 'Rick Perry, Super Genius'

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Just a reminder that Rep. Gowdy's committee released a report correctly concluding that nothing happened with Benghazi. So of course they're keeping that committee.

In bonus crazy news, Utah has voted to re-instate the firing squad due to lack of access to lethal injection drugs. Still unclear whether their governor will sign the bill.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_UTAH_FIRING_SQUAD?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm just thrilled at the backlash against the GOP for this stunt.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm honestly trying to think of one single federal change that has stuck since Sandy Hook, and I'm coming up blank.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

Here's something for you to enjoy this evening: Ted Cruz pausing for applause and not getting any at the IFAA confab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWkImxhTFTk
Oh my god this is the video version of that 'lonely Ron Paul' photo

Did no staffer think it wasn't the greatest idea to go off on the IRS at a firefighter's convention? Why would they give a crap?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That's going to be the GOP strategy for the long term, I would bet. Using procedural moves and parliamentary tricks to keep themselves in power even in states where they are a minority.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Looks like the Blade Runner pistol.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Why are you even taking Amergin's bait

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The last poll I saw showed that no one is even paying attention to this story in the general public. This is purely a Washington pundit thing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

How the hell is this not an Onion article

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

I expect they were fully aware of it. I think you drastically under estimate how popular Charles Murray style "race realism" and using bad statistics and genetics studies with overly reductive models is. There is very much a bloc that sees preaching this pseudoscience as unveiling "hard truths" or "the contested edge of science" where they are "teaching the controversy" rather than the same old hucksterism it is.
It's both sad and funny to me that social Darwinism still exists 100 years after it was popular

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

N: The Arkansas State Legislature passed two bills banning 're-homing' after one of their own earlier this month was in a major scandal over his disabled adopted kids being pawned off on an employee who was a pedophile and abused.

V: That guy, Rep. Justin Harris, somehow still has a job

http://swtimes.com/legislature/bills-re-homing-adopted-children-clear-arkansas-house

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

I suspect a number of people here will like the words coming out of Martin O'Malley's mouth on banking reform.

tl;dr: re-instate Glass-Stealgal, break up big banks, revoke a bank's charter after the third major offense.
So he's taking Warren's positions since she isn't around?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Firing squads are now a legal method of execution in Utah if the state is unable to obtain the drugs used for lethal injections.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6c1b55094e2744dc912abbdebd762f90/governor-signs-law-making-utah-only-state-firing-squad

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So does Obama's Chief of Staff saying "Israel cannot maintain military control of another people indefinitely" a big deal? Because that just happened.
Sounds like someone needs to spend more time with their family...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

We're nearing peak Trollbama

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Commence the right-wing indignance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Put a 60% income tax on the .1%
Have a real strong capital gains tax and you will probably not even have to do that.

• Locked thread