Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SnakePlissken posted:

Fox News crawler for today: Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli jets?

Please say you are teasing. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Obama to invade Canada?

Obama threatens to nuke London?

Obama caught sexting with Kim Jong Un?

Obama forcing Secret Service to use steroids?

I just got a call from Drudge, hang on.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

This is way more of a USPol thing than an I/P thing.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fried Chicken posted:

Also from Ben Carson yesterday we heard how veterans dying is a gift from God because it shows the rest of us how horrible state funded health care is

Guy is really torching his reputation throwing out this poo poo and I'm not sure what for. He won't be the nominee, and the grifter money isn't that good compared to what he was already seeing

"ben carson book":

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DemeaninDemon posted:

Bill Clinton as personal message boy.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but not only did Clinton use only her personal email during her time as Secretary of State, but she ran her own email server out of her own house.

No, the WHOIS registry's home address is listed as her house. The physical location of the server is unknown at the moment.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Munkeymon posted:

I'm not shocked because I can't figure out what that question is asking :confused:

I couldn't either, but I didn't want to admit it. I'm glad somebody else thought so.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Accelerationism presumes humanity is capable of learning its lesson.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Only if it's applied in the hopes that making things dramatically worse will cause some sort of great awakening in society. It's a perfectly functional political philosophy if you hate all people and want everyone on Earth to die.

Now we're getting somewhere. But what if I'm a voluntary-extinctionist without being a political accelerationist?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

Not at all. Their objection is absolute, counter-productive, and idiotic.

All Joe is saying here, if I may sum up, is that Congress should be allowed to do counterproductive and idiotic things of this nature if they want to.

And as a political junkie I heartily agree.

Joementum posted:

The Senate just adopted a resolution calling for an investigation into the death of Boris Nemtsov. Too far?

I just would like to say here, that I have nothing at all to do with this investigation.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

UCS Hellmaker posted:

The problem is that you have someone pulling the trigger. More so then injection that person as to see the effects of his actions when he kills the prisoner. Say what you will about lethal injection but compared to hanging, firing squads, gas chambers, and the electric chairs its more humane for the person dying and for the person that performs the action. Executions are inhumane enough now but compared to the last century much better then they were for everyone involved.

I don't mean to make this into a death penalty thing but Firing squads are the wrong answer for what Utah is doing for both the prisoners and the execution teams.

I never understood this objection. Make the fuckers robotic, you telling me we can make a self-driving car but not a machine that can fire on a relatively still target at least as well as a human?

(Capital punishment is bad and wrong.)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fried Chicken posted:

Here is a litany of Senators taking shots at Paul Ryan out of desperation to not have the Ryan budget hung around their neck

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/235699-senate-gop-budget-to-break-with-paul-ryans-blueprints

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Please donate to my Kickstarter to chisel the entire SA archives into a massive slab of stone

gently caress erosion, etch that poo poo on the moon with fuckin lasers

Edit: whoa, this isn't the chat thread. Sorry.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Everblight posted:

HE ISN'T EVEN 60! :kratos:

There's one legislator who prepares for the battles he has yet to fight, instead of the ones he has already fought and lost. I salute him.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm sure this is obvious and I've just never known it, but why is the first half of that amendment ignored by everyone? Has it always been that way?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

That's what I particularly enjoyed about the quote.

It's like a remarkable sauce, there are more flavors from every perspective.

...Do the Germans have a word for when you are overjoyed at a fantastic ride, but there is an undercurrent of dread based on the horrific peril zooming by just inches away? That's kind of what I feel when I think about Cruz in a presidential election. We're very fortunate he's already burned so many bridges.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

greatn posted:

The kill all the gays referendum is actually a good thing because it will never get the signatures and it's making people aware of how stupid legislation by referendum is.

Doesn't matter whether it gets the signatures or not. CA Supreme Court would throw it off the ballot as being against the state constitution, even if it were to make the required quota.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "In my time in the Senate, there have been more than a few rocks tossed my direction from Democrats and Republicans. And yet in my entire time there, I haven’t reciprocated — you have never heard me speak ill of any senator, Republican or Democrat. And I don’t intend to start." ~ Ted Cruz, on his non-existent attempt to primary multiple of his Republican colleagues in the Senate that totally didn't happen.

Try to touch the past. Try to deal with the past. It's not real. It's just a dream.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

Have you ever exercised your corporation's religious freedom? Well, have you ever exercised your corporation's religious freedom, on weed? :2bong:

:350: :420: :okpos: :drugnerd: :rznv:

This is either totally ridiculous, an utter masterstroke, or more likely both at once.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

VikingofRock posted:

:eyepop:

Well, I feel old now. Do you have many memories of 9-11? How do you view it and the way it shaped our country? (No need to answer these if you don't want to, I'm just curious how someone who probably doesn't remember much of the world before 9-11 views it).

I was 19, so the only defense my roommates and I were capable of mounting was to immediately throw a bitchin' party and sing "Afghanistan's not gonna take it anymore" by Twisted Sister all night.

So that is what we did.

Edit: vvvv We spawned a whole lot of that other bullshit. I like to think we have a sort of legendary status among online communities, even up until now. vvvv

mdemone fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 31, 2015

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

baw posted:

Since a lot of the time we find ourselves asking if a particular GOP policy is the result of evil or stupidity, I think it raises the question: if someone is stupid and does evil things out of stupidity, does that make them evil?

I think Hannah Arendt already covered this, and the answer is "yes".

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Same. I joined right after the Forums Police Action, when Lowtax opened up registration again.

Since it's been a decade and a half, my memories of it are fuzzy, but I could have sworn that I was here before 2001. I have this vague recollection that my regdate got rebooted at some point along then, is that the police action you're talking about?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In 2001 Lowtax got fed up with a subset of consistently lovely posters who were more or less ruining all the threads and so went on the sort of purge that used to happen periodically when registration was still free and probation didn't exist yet. This led to bans being handed out liberally for the slightest infractions and also the start of :10bux: for accounts, intended to keep idiots like Tasty from rereging constantly and also help Lowtax pay for this place.

It was during this time that noted shitposter Fookoff claimed that the forums now existed under a "blanket of fear," which for a short time became a staple in photoshop threads.

Holy poo poo I forgot about fuckin' Tasty. :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

Yup, though the Department of Corrections is exempt. Also :derp: THIS IS AN EMERGENCY :siren:

ftp://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/Bills/2015/Public/HB1228.pdf

I sure hope Tony Kennedy reads the papers every day.

• Locked thread