Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hail, Autobots and Decepticons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

SKY COQ posted:

Great job dickhead

##vote Fruity Gordo

No posts yet, a shot in the dark. If it turns something up, great.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Oh for gently caress's sale.

Gaspy, I'm phone posting and hit edit instead of post. I went back without submitting the edit, however Awful app apparently keeps the edit window open.

Apologies, I'll be more careful in future.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

What happened to Avs? Probation?

TAFE, apparently.

Happy to shift later, seems like a good plan.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

my brother got engaged :3:

##unvote

Sentimental nonsense, I know, but deep within my chassis beats the spark of a romantic.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tirade posted:

Bullshit. Within your chassis hides the starving vampire of a lawyer.

I work in PR. Different monster.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

##vote Tirade

I see great potential within young Anidav. I will not see it squandered.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

white mans burping posted:

I saw a lot of discussion at the end of the last mafia thread about how we have a problem lynching the most vocal people, while the quiet ones slide under the radar

I have been posting a whole lot of poo poo, most of which is dumb, and now people are voting against me because I'm visible

Putting it out there now - it would be a big mistake to let me get lynched

Look at TOML's wilful misreading of my post and tell me that's not a scummy play

Wheeeeeeeeeeee

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tirade posted:

I'm gonna flag now that I'm not going to be around for the close at midnight tonight. 6am start tomorrow.

Likewise, except I'm starting at 5. Reading through stuff now, will effort post if something comes up.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

I am happy to vote for TOML or Mithranderp. Both seem like good options.

On the flip side, we can also lynch WMB to see what Mith was "protecting"?

Any particular reason on these two?

Also how the gently caress did we avoid nightkills in a role madness game

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Since busb brought up the secret message, nearly everyone's been around to post except for these 3:

SKY COQ
Tirade
Uber Kosh

I've been awake since 4:30, I was resting my eyes.

Out and about right now and phone posting. Quick thoughts (more to come in halfa)

- I don't believe there's a lightning rod
- It's more likely the crazy mix of powers cancelled each other out
- I am also suss on the four posters who did a synchronised jump to Milky
- Of these posters, Gough has been the most vocal and provocative, to the point of encouraging folks to vote for Avshalom, who says she is a lynch bomb
- This kind of makes me think he wants to be lynched

##vote thatbastardken

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Kat Delacour posted:

I don't think Ken is completely off the hook but I can't believe we're seriously flirting with not lynching wmb after his participation in the Milky switch, open role fishing and generally anti-town play.

Given how many powers are potentially in play here, I'd be surprised to see him last the night.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Gough Suppressant posted:

I don't think I've said we should vote avshalom :tinfoil:

Oh gently caress sorry I got confused. Not you; Soag.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

So you didn't get any message, Coq?

That just leaves Tirade and Uber Kosh who haven't checked in to confirm or deny this yet.

Uh what message

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Kat Delacour posted:

I dunno. Milky flipped a 5 shot Vig, that's pretty good coverage for town vig powers, and it leaves a lot to chance.

I'd take the safety of lynching a player who hasn't spent today falling just short of asking for it over the satisfaction of lynching scroag

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

busb posted:

Truce and lets lynch sky coq? :3:

Why do you still have it in for me?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

busb posted:

Sky Coq, i have a gut feeling you turned up into the thread as disappointed scum with the way the night went.

But Tirade you're also right that TOML should be held accountable and has been fairly backgroundy.

Hmmmmm.

Man if anything I'm disappointed we didn't get any useful info. This is like Day 1 but with a tiny bit of voting history to go on.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

black_tangled posted:

Kat is a lightning rod (seems to be backed up by several night actions going astray).

WMB said his night action was "unsuccessful". We are trying to work out if that means he is scum or not.

He says he is a town vig.

Given his cover is blown now anyway I'm inclined to test his claim.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Oh god drat it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

black_tangled posted:

Just think about it.

Town would have to puzzle this poo poo out for days. But Busb picks it right off the bat.

This is a good hypothesis.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I'm keeping my vote on Ken. Fall, fall!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Helloooooooo masonry.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Well poo poo. I've just had confirmation that I was roleblocked last night.

Mason, or scum though? Given WMB was suggesting lynching me yesterday I'm going to guess that the masons have gone suss on me and tried to block me last night. Which was a colossal waste of an action. I do not and have not had any night kill powers.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

busb posted:

##vote sky coq

alright going to stick my finger up Baird's nostril bbl

busb, you've voted for me consistently for two days based on bugger all evidence. Cards on the table time.

One shall stand, one shall fall.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't think busb is, his weird role sounded really townie to me and I was pretty suss on everyone trying to ignore that to keep framing him up.

COQ was lying a bit too low before for me to really put him on the list, but I kinda agreed whenever someone brought him up as potentially scummy. Pulling a gladiator match to single out busb when b_t and TOML are much stronger cases though, that seems a lot more suss to me now.

If he's town this was a pretty bad play I think. Which is why I'd like to hear more about his role and what he was trying to do if he was supposedly blocked. Don't know if the governor is more than a 1-shot but it'd be nice to try and determine if he's town just in case.

The person who brought me up earlier as "potentially scummy" was busb himself, who initially did so on account of me not posting a lot in the early hours of Day 2. Once I started effortposting, he kept his vote on me for ~*~reasons~*~. Today, straight out of the gate, he's on me again.

I am a town with several roles, much like yourself. One of them allows me to recruit a protege, and last night my intent was to recruit a player I believe at this point I can trust. Unfortunately, I was blocked, and so have lost that opportunity. With that option depleted, I'm going to try and focus attention on busb, who has been and low-content coasting for days now.

Today, I'm interested to see who comes out of the woodwork to defend him, as well as what else abruptly shifting the focus does for some posters. Bif, I'd also love to hear your other guesses on who our likely scum players are.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN

From now until deadline, only votes for SKY COQ or BUSB will count towards the lynch, even though Coq didn't actually follow his role text like a chump.

Also, you're right, apologies.

BUSB, I WILL CRUSH YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Gough Suppressant posted:

I'm pretty confident that coq and tbk are megatron/prime. The only question is whether gaspy decided to be a prick and invert it, but tbk isn't in this vote so

##vote sky coq

Given the flavour for the game has Prime's Ark kicking us off, I'm willing to bet TBK'S scum.

I am Megatron and I will lead you to victory.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Coq I'll ask again who you targeted last night, might be able to work up a theory here.

I was trying to recruit Anidav as my lieutenant

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

And you went with Anidav instead of, say, Bifauxnen?

He's made some good posts this game and I wanted to play with him on my little team of two. Ah well.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

given that theres already a masonry, what exactly was this "protege" or lieutenant supposed to do?

Well, we could have coordinated actions like this for starters...

It was more about forming a mini-masonry. The ability to coordinate with someone outside of the thread would have been incredibly bloody useful. Given nobody's owned up to blocking me, I'm assuming scum are behind it. And since the only player who's actively targeted me in thread is busb...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

Beep boop, I am a helpful robot. Activate Sensor!
*vibrates violently*

:stonklol:

Oh. Oh my god.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Avshalom posted:

i guess we could go for another tie :unsmigghh:

the question is though, tbk's lynch was stopped by force or forces unknown - the most obvious assumption is he's a governor, right? (unless i'm missing something) because he was pretty clearly worse off in that showdown, with no real defenders, so it's safe to guess that nobody else stepped in to prevent the lynch. he claims to be optimus prime, which would make sense. it's looking like we've got an equal-opposite setup with ken and coq, so coq might be a governor as well; in which case, trying to lynch him is as good as wasting a day.

i feel pretty confident that either ken or coq is scum. the question is, which?

I'm not a governor, and I'm not scum.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Avshalom posted:

please correct me if there are any other roles that can stop a lynch. something stopped that lynch!

It's possible some third party or town governor stopped the lynch on Ken. Just because he lived doesn't mean he was the governator.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

Come on Bif, you know what the right answer is, who do you want me to vote for

I'd quite like you to vote busb if that's ok

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

nope.

##vote SKY COQ

I think they could prolly both be town but flipping Coq could show us what to do about TBK.

Oh, I'll be showing a lot of things if you guys actually lynch me over busb.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Coming down to it. ##vote busb as I haven't earlier today.

I honestly don't have much to lose here. Obviously I'd love to stick around as a live player but I can and will be useful in death if it comes to that.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tirade posted:

Then work with me dude. Explain how his investigation note, which Kat confirmed receiving, reconciles with him being scum.

I really don't know. My gut says someone is lying, and the clusterfuck of powers the Lightning rod kicked off is great cover for that.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

black_tangled posted:

I thought got that's what kicked it off

Other way round. The Lightning rod claim came very quickly, followed by (unrelated) questions about the note.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

busb, black_tangled and ken scum

This makes a lot of sense.

• Locked thread