Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

THINGS TO DISCUSS

-All of March's Impact Wrestling episodes were recorded in January, so no spoilers, please.

-Evolve Champion Drew Galloway is in TNA! Mickie James is back, too

-Samoa Joe's gone. The One Night Only tapings don't feature him, so March 27th is the last time you'll see him in the six sides for the near future.

-#MadonnaSaidNo

THIS MONTH'S ONE NIGHT ONLY: JOKER'S WILD III

The following wrestlers are put into tag teams, compete, and then the winners compete in a battle royal for $kayfabe. All month long on Pay-Per-View!

-Abyss
-Al Snow
-Austin Aries
-Awesome Kong
-Bobby Lashley
-Bobby Roode
-Bram
-Chris Melendez
-Crazzy Steve
-Davey Richards
-DJ Z
-Eddie Edwards
-Eric Young
-Ethan Carter III
-Gail Kim
-Gunner
-James Storm
-Jessie Godderz
-Kenny King
-Khoya
-Knux
-Magnus
-Manik
-Mr. Anderson
-Robbie E
-Rockstar Spud
-Samuel Shaw
-Sanada
-Sonjay Dutt
-Tigre Uno
-Tommy Dreamer
-Tyrus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

What the crap is a Khoya?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Xerzes posted:

What the crap is a Khoya?

A green-as-grass signing from India that they picked up for some reason and put in James Storm's "This Ain't The Wyatt Family XXX" stable. He was in Ring Ka King before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabali_Shera

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

IMPACT WRESTLING on DAM shed 0.02 to 0.09, and was also down about 90K in total viewers to 366K and by 0.05 in households (277K). For IMPACT WRESTLING completists, the 11PM re-airing added 0.03 in 18-49s, 136K total viewers, and 0.08 in households (96K).

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-25-friday-cable-originals-2-27-2015.html

That's 502K viewers, down from 578K last week.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
if only Destination America would promote them more!!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

And that episode included a TNA title match, not sure what else they can even do at this point

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

A green-as-grass signing from India that they picked up for some reason and put in James Storm's "This Ain't The Wyatt Family XXX" stable. He was in Ring Ka King before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabali_Shera

Well now I miss Ring Ka King. :(

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
TNA sucks.

What ever happened to that war vet with no legs TNA signed to pander to the Are Troops demographic

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Blasmeister posted:

And that episode included a TNA title match, not sure what else they can even do at this point

The Stormfront or whatever needs to feud with itself, and also bring back the Freak and the stilt fellas.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

TNA sucks.

What ever happened to that war vet with no legs TNA signed to pander to the Are Troops demographic

he's even worse than Khoya and is signed to a multi-year deal that they can't get out of without looking like The Company That Fired The Cripple Again lmbo

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 3, 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dixie's ratings spin:
https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/572858514969796612

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol

wow the 4th most social show on a night that no one is home!! wooo TNA is making big strides here guys just you wait!!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

What shows were above them

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
How did they determine that?

What does "Engaged with Impact Wrestling" mean exactly?

Is anything Dixie Carter says not complete bullshit?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

dsriggs posted:

More like a shotgun wedding.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

dsriggs posted:

Tweets with the #impactwrestling hashtag or whatever during the show. But yes Dixie is definitely full of poo poo.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

bradzilla posted:

Tweets with the #impactwrestling hashtag or whatever during the show. But yes Dixie is definitely full of poo poo.
Again: this woman has a background in PR.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

it's useless because nobody loving tweets regular season sporting events with designated hashtags

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

it's useless because nobody loving tweets regular season sporting events with designated hashtags

Gonna use #Page1of162 for Yankees Opening Day.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dixie's PR background is coming in really handy for making herself feel like she's not a failure

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Dixie's PR background is coming in really handy for making herself feel like she's not a failure

Turns out 'PR' stands for 'Pelf-Relusion'. Dixie can't even spell right.

Blasmeister posted:

Re-debut Jeff Hardy. Big debuts, big ratings.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Turns out 'PR' stands for 'Pelf-Relusion'. Dixie can't even spell right.

Re-debut Jeff Hardy. Big debuts, big ratings.

Jeff can't travel to the UK, which is the only place on the planet where TNA could be mistaken for a real promotion, and even that's less true with each passing year.

Hwaxtuar
Aug 11, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Jeff can't travel to the UK, which is the only place on the planet where TNA could be mistaken for a real promotion, and even that's less true with each passing year.

Are there any countries where the language causes T and N to be pronounced as Ws and As to be Es.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't even think DA is available in a million homes. They should just consider the TV thing a loss and focus on getting live attendance up.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What'd the tweet say? Appears to be gone.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Something about being the 4th most socially active show in the timeslot beating several nhl games

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

IMPACT was the 4th socially active show last Friday.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ha ha, that's great. Expecting a TNA "Did you know?" very soon.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The size and content of the TNA news section in the Observer this week:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

aj styles vs mark briscoe sounds delightful

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ROH is in more homes than TNA at this point.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 5, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Engage with Zorp TNA.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I haven't watched in like, a couple months, I was going to ask what I missed but I guess literal nothing.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

oatgan posted:

aj styles vs mark briscoe sounds delightful

I had absolutely no idea ROH had a taping this weekend in the city I live in until just now.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Karma Tornado posted:

I had absolutely no idea ROH had a taping this weekend in the city I live in until just now.

you should definitely go because Kyle/Joe will be great and those tag matches will be a lot of fun

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I haven't watched in like, a couple months, I was going to ask what I missed but I guess literal nothing.

There's Rockstar Spud and some bald guy I've never heard of that wants to come out to a Madonna song that everyone seems to like.

What I'm saying is your instinct is right on literal nothing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNA are doing their latest attempt to brand themselves as the wrestling fans friend (the last time was the abomination that was the "Wrestling Matters" campaign in 2011) and it would appear they're doing some market research under it's guise:
http://connect.tnawrestling.com/Portal/content/TNAWrestling/FormPages/StandUpForWrestling.aspx?id=9964

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA scrapped their April Impact tapings and are now taping this weekend instead, according to Wrestlezone:

quote:

TNA Scraps April TV Tapings

TNA has pulled the scheduled Universal Studios TV taping dates in April from their website. As of this writing, the dates are still listed on the Universal site, but they aren’t going to happen. As noted, TNA will be taping Impact Wrestling in Orlando from 3/13-3/16, and the company reportedly emailed talent and notified them of the April change.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

That's.. pretty short notice, I wonder how many of them have conflicting indie bookings now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
According to Garrett Kidney the only TNA fan left I know who isn't mental apparently they'll be taping five shows in May instead. Which would mean no Slammiversary PPV in June.

• Locked thread