Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Nasgate posted:

Lol yes, the old popularity=good argument. Because WoW is a great game , as is Halo 3 and that dating Sim puzzle game.

Boring gameplay and bad writing sure is good guys! -sm/ff fans

Glad to hear a good FE game will come out too though.

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fire Emblem has good gameplay, but Shin Megami Tensei does not. For my next trick let me poo poo in my own moutrh and renew my dEstiny subscription

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
hank hill was raped by a destiny

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nasgate posted:

Lol yes, the old popularity=good argument. Because WoW is a great game , as is Halo 3 and that dating Sim puzzle game.

Gosh, it seems like you're really.... nasgative!!

*bowtie whirls*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nasgate posted:

yikes dude

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i only play underground games. popular games are only for jocks and cheerleader bitches. the REAL gaming starts when you look below the surface...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nasgate posted:

Yeah it's going to play just like a modified persona game.

Persona games are great and the fact that we're getting this and persona 5 is a boon to the RPG genre as a whole. I'm sorry you just realized that fire emblem is an anime game series despite the SNES and NES games getting literal actual OVAs when they came out and the last fire emblem game having a dating and marriage simulation aspect to it that was not all that different from the Persona series itself.

The real actual fire emblem game that's coming is going to have unit transformations and it's going to play way differently from traditional fire emblem games and more like Valkyrie Profile on a map with ARPG style battles.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah it's going to play just like a modified persona game.

Persona games are great and the fact that we're getting this and persona 5 is a boon to the RPG genre as a whole. I'm sorry you just realized that fire emblem is an anime game series despite the SNES and NES games getting literal actual OVAs when they came out and the last fire emblem game having a dating and marriage simulation aspect to it that was not all that different from the Persona series itself.

The real actual fire emblem game that's coming is going to have unit transformations and it's going to play way differently from traditional fire emblem games and more like Valkyrie Profile on a map with ARPG style battles.

This post may be even worse than that Nasgate one.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Persona games are great and the fact that we're getting this and persona 5 is a boon to the RPG genre as a whole.
This is untrue, Taint Reaer.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

WHAT IS THIS GAMEPLAY I CANNOT MASH ATTACK TO WIN LIKE EVERY OTHER RPG???

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

please don't quote the taint repaer because then i have to see his posts

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

WHAT IS THIS GAMEPLAY I CANNOT MASH ATTACK TO WIN LIKE EVERY OTHER RPG???
Persona's gameplay is just an excessively simplified and easy version of the SMT system though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

please don't quote the taint repaer because then i have to see his posts
sorry :(

i was... taint reaped... again

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh my god guys I saw some girl's short pants in a videogame I cannot buy it now, for I do not know how to control myself 0/10 Worst game ever.

*pre-orders Zero suit samus amiibo*

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

did you guys hear that? it was like a voice whispering on the wind, it... it sounded like someone saying, "i'm gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i wasn't going to draw attention to it, but there's been a pretty unpleasant smell floating around

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh my god guys I saw some girl's short pants in a videogame I cannot buy it now, for I do not know how to control myself 0/10 Worst game ever.

*pre-orders Zero suit samus amiibo*

The high heels are tactical

edit:only babies ignore posts

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

zero suit samus sucks.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
jesus christ can we gas this thread now. its april

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Blister posted:

The high heels are tactical

edit:only babies ignore posts

and only idiots read garbage

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

VideoGames posted:

jesus christ can we gas this thread now. its april

This is the widestancer memorial thread now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

did you guys hear that? it was like a voice whispering on the wind, it... it sounded like someone saying, "i'm gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah how come there isn't a new thread?!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I made a new thread, also you can just loving post a new thread anytime guys you don't have to wait for someone else to do it

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710681

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

and only idiots read garbage

i'm sorry blister, this was unnecessary. i didn't have to do that

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

hmm let me put all my units tediously next to eachother every mission to try and get support points, yes

this is a completely optional sperg option tho. the games are perfectly beatable without doing this even once

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mods, please close the thread after my post, so that I have the last laugh.

:laugh:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

boner.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ok now close it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

never mind. fungah has ruined my fun. just leave both threads open.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Kewpuh please sticky my new thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710681

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

you cheeky loving son of a bitch

• Locked thread