Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

The Taint Reaper posted:

gently caress Wooly World though, game looks like it's going to be yet another lackluster platformer.

taint reaped again! it's an actual sequel to kirby's epic yarn and frankly im glad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
SMT x Fire Emblem looks like it has basically nothing to do with SMT or Fire Emblem. If anything it resembles Persona more than either of those.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The original Yoshi's Island is the only Yoshi game worth playing.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Accordion Man posted:

The original Yoshi's Island is the only Yoshi game worth playing.

This is truth and should be embedded in stone.

Excels posted:

taint reaped again! it's an actual sequel to kirby's epic yarn and frankly im glad

Kirby's epic yarn was indeed a lackluster platformer.

as was the clay kirby game which this game had many of the same people working on it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I know Yoshi's Story is a big bag of dicks but I was actually optimistic about the 3DS one is it bad too

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I know Yoshi's Story is a big bag of dicks but I was actually optimistic about the 3DS one is it bad too

3ds one is the equivalent to the sonic games. It looks like everything is there from the classic series from a physical standpoint, but it lacks what made the original good.

It's worse than new Super Mario Bros 2.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Excels posted:

hell they may even release mother 3 on virtual console. the future has no limits

This is actually a very real possibility and I am so down

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is actually a very real possibility and I am so down

Why stop there?

Dump Earthbound and Mother 3 onto a disc and sell it as an Anthology collection like Kirby and Super Mario Bros. Allstars.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why stop there?

Dump Earthbound and Mother 3 onto a disc and sell it as an Anthology collection like Kirby and Super Mario Bros. Allstars.

The US version would be Best Buy exclusive and they'd only produce ten copies for the entire country

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oh god, they're releasing donkey kong 64 for virtual console. I was safe from one day succumbing to my compulsion to collect all of the bananas again by it only being available on cartridge. somebody send help to my apartment in early may, when i inevitably purchase this, and my wife is unable to wake me from my haze of pressing buttons to combat farting kremlings.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

also thank god the reaper got cancered so that i don't have to look at his poovatar anymore

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Game of the loving Year

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:whatup:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

oh god, they're releasing donkey kong 64 for virtual console. I was safe from one day succumbing to my compulsion to collect all of the bananas again by it only being available on cartridge. somebody send help to my apartment in early may, when i inevitably purchase this, and my wife is unable to wake me from my haze of pressing buttons to combat farting kremlings.
shiiit gently caress

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

rip

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The best way to play DK64 was with that magnet banana Gameshark code that had all the objects come flying to you at the start of the level and you watch the screen slow to a crawl.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

what is the weird anime underwear gif from?

(note: this post is not a comment upon anime or an invitation to argue its merits)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I stretch my arms out
not for honour
but for you

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

(note: this post is not a comment upon anime or an invitation to argue its merits)

Upcoming Nintendo Wii-U Game, Shin megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

taint reaped again!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

:japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

anime owns

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
anime the lifeblood of games, systems have risen and fallen because of it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

WHAT DID I JUST SAY?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

WHAT DID I JUST SAY?

That you submit fully to Hatsune Miku the Patron Saint and Savior of Games and Anime.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

was fire emblem always big on underwear or is this a new development?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPc_tz8Y394

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Ike has a boxers or briefs option in his Fire Emblem game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

and your choice of underwear split the game into one of two paths. not even joking, it was pretty cool

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

Yes they ripped the Knight's fascination of underware off of Ghouls and Ghosts.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i dont remember underwear being a thing but i only played Awakening. i never would have guessed that gif is from the new one??

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

A Spider Covets posted:

i dont remember underwear being a thing but i only played Awakening. i never would have guessed that gif is from the new one??

It's not really fire emblem, it's fire emblem x shin megami.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

It's not really fire emblem, it's fire emblem x shin megami.

uhm actually that's fanfiction

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who is the hottest fire emblem

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Eonwe posted:

who is the hottest fire emblem
Ike.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is that seriously from smtxfe I thought that was a joke

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is that seriously from smtxfe I thought that was a joke

See I thought smtxfe was a joke. But then I remembered games has a history of bad crossovers. See sfxt

One game is always decent but they feel the need to combine it with a poo poo one like smt

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ah yes, the widely-despised and critically-panned SMT series, hm, truly foolish of Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nasgate posted:

See I thought smtxfe was a joke. But then I remembered games has a history of bad crossovers. See sfxt

One game is always decent but they feel the need to combine it with a poo poo one like smt

You are a human being

• Locked thread