Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Sorry about the dead triplet Joat Mon, how many goats are you up to these days? I always enjoy seeing your boer pictures in your thread :3: You should probably just go ahead and mail me Ava and I'll pretend she just has a hair loss problem.

I gave up looking for my set of clippers that the barn ate and bought a new pair so I could finally get shearing. Angela was up first because she is the closest to popping. In full fleece I was think she had to be packing twins but a lot of that was just fluff and she'll probably have a single, which is normal for angoras.

Her winter skin is so bad, ugh. She's getting extra replamin now and that always clears it up.

Where did your giant belly go? (excuse the single poo)

Moose is up next on my list. She looks like she has an entire fleet of ships or just one adult jacob baking in there.

The bunny was hay-staching around today so we might have baby buns in a couple of weeks too. Both goats, the rabbit and Flirt the romeldale are all due at the same time right before our first big show of the year. I may go insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012
Yay! So glad for the return of this thread, especially since I'm pregnant and feel like a giant boat myself. Can't wait to see all these goat and sheep mommas pop out kids and lambs. I'm a Heath fan from last thread so I'm sad to see he wast successful knocking up the goat ladies, glad he's feeling better and hopefully he has a chance for September babies!

Meles meles
Oct 4, 2010
We had the scanner lady in last week, but the ladies were too far along to be able to give any real useful information other than "Yep, there's babies in there".

So baby no. 1 arrived today! His name is Buzz, he's a British Alpine x Golden Guernsey.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
He's so fluffy! :swoon:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Those ears! :3:

That smile!! :kimchi:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
So cute! I want him!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww, he's a cute little fuzzball. :3:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is the blue stuff a bodily fluid or like a dye to tell the babies apart?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Guernseys are so gorgeous and fluffy :swoon:

I wish we had someone who did ultrasounds around here. You can send blood off to biotracking or you can wait until you see feet but that's about it.

Meles meles
Oct 4, 2010

bamhand posted:

Is the blue stuff a bodily fluid or like a dye to tell the babies apart?

Nah, nothing natural, sometimes we do use Stock marker sprays (animal friendly spray paint) to tell sheep apart. In this particular case it's an antiseptic spray, which commonly have dyes in them, so it'll be from where a quick spray was put on the umbilical cord. The blue dye wears out over time, just helps to show where and who's been sprayed with what.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Guernseys are so gorgeous and fluffy :swoon:

I wish we had someone who did ultrasounds around here. You can send blood off to biotracking or you can wait until you see feet but that's about it.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to stay that cute for long, here's mum & dad;

Edit; table breaking photos oops.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I like Dad's toupee :3:

I've decided I'm definitely getting Isadore to be my new jacob herdsire and conveniently his breeder will be passing by on his way to the jacob sheep annual general meeting in July so I don't have to drive all the way over to get him. Now I just have to find a CVM ram I like and I'll be set!

9 days until Babywatch and the girls are all huge and crabby. The goats are just bitchy to each other nonstop, the sheep have flopped out like beached whales and the bunny is frantically hay-staching around until she gets bored and eats the hay instead. I'm simultaneously super antsy and grateful to have another week or so to sleep and get work done.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I finished fixing up fences today so the unbred girls at least could go out and enjoy the sun. I think they were happy about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqvVAw8w1Cg

Meanwhile I found this funny looking cat sunbeaming in the barn.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
That is a cool picture.
Like a cross between Repo Man and The Dark Crystal.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 18, 2015

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Those sheep binkies.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

It's almost baby time! Goats are around day 148 now, Flirt is at day 142, and Cameo the bunny is at day 29 so things could happen any time. Of course they will probably all wait until Saturday when I need to drive down to Pittsburgh to help run the farm booth at Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet festival.

I also started shearing which the sheep were super thrilled about when the temps went back down to the 20s over the weekend. Sorry ships! They look all squeaky clean now though.

Also I'm not sure even babby rabbits can be as cute as Cameo hopping around with a giant mouthful of hay :kimchi:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Baby bunnies are awful and hideous until they get fur :colbert: baby ships and boats are all kinds of adorable though and I'm psyched to see yours!

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
More babies! Tell them to get on with it already. I want to vicariously enjoy the awesomeness of farm life through you!

Edit:
Actually let's be real here. I'll happily enjoy any farm stories or pics you share.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small
[quote="Instant Jellyfish" post="442903948"]
I finished fixing up fences today so the unbred girls at least could go out and enjoy the sun. I think they were happy about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqvVAw8w1Cg

LOVE that video. Wish I could be happy in the moment like that (sigh). Thanks for the video InstantJellyfish!

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

It's almost baby time! Goats are around day 148 now, Flirt is at day 142, and Cameo the bunny is at day 29 so things could happen any time. Of course they will probably all wait until Saturday when I need to drive down to Pittsburgh to help run the farm booth at Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet festival.

Holy Moses! I'm going to be in Downtown Pittsburgh for a conference this weekend! I'm gonna have to ditch for a few hours.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Stop by the Roving Acres booth if you decide to go! Either my mom or I will be there all weekend. Here's some of our lovely yarn from a show application I was working on :3:

Creatures are still holding out on me but Flirt's babies have dropped and Cameo seems satisfied with the state of her nest so they should be here soon enough.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I'm glad there is one creature on the farm that pays attention to my calendar even if babby goats would have been way cuter. The teeny tiny ears are pretty alright.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I'm glad there is one creature on the farm that pays attention to my calendar even if babby goats would have been way cuter. The teeny tiny ears are pretty alright.

Oh my goodness! :3: They should be all fluffy and extra-cute by Easter, right?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Oh my goodness! :3: They should be all fluffy and extra-cute by Easter, right?

They should have hair and their eyes should be starting to open but sentient dust bunny stage will be a bit later.

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Stop by the Roving Acres booth if you decide to go! Either my mom or I will be there all weekend. Here's some of our lovely yarn from a show application I was working on :3:

I shall drop by! I can't resist a good fiber show.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

I always eat the ears first.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Hoofed creatures are still holding out on me but the buns are doing alright I guess.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Everyone managed to keep their legs crossed while I was away yesterday (nice meeting you Luloo!) but when I did night checks I though Flirt looked like she was going to pop soon. I had a dream she had triplets and then woke up at 5:30 to check on her and just found some blood and a single little cold dead lamb buried in some hay. There was no way Flirt just had one tiny one baking in there so in I went and out came these two. I guess I'm psychic now. It's too bad about the first one but it was a boy and these guys will do better as twins anyway.

The white one is a boy (I said no white boys Flirt!) and the light badger is a girl.

Its loving cold and it was a rough labor for Flirt so I'll be keeping a close eye on them but they seem to be up and doing ok for now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

They look kinda cute, but I think more photographic evidence will be needed to form a proper conclusion. :3:

Also congrats to you and Flirt. :toot: Her head looks enormous in that last picture.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

yay, The Birthing begins!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

McDragon posted:

They look kinda cute, but I think more photographic evidence will be needed to form a proper conclusion. :3:

Also congrats to you and Flirt. :toot: Her head looks enormous in that last picture.

Her head is pretty enormous, she's about a 200 lb sheep.

For questioning the cuteness of my animals I will now have to try my best to murder you with cute.

(forgive the state of my nails, farmer hands :o: )

I think Ginger is up next, maybe within 24-48 hours? So brace yourselves for goatcute.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Super cute!

Also the bunnies are looking more like bunnies now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well that settles it, they are very cute. :kimchi:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Congratulations, Flirt! Yay, first sheepies of the year!! :3:

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

The little pink sheep and bunny noses slay me *dies of cute*

The only cure now is babby goat!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Hey Angela and Ginger, birth them babies! pretty please Have some healthy babby goats :)

Meles meles
Oct 4, 2010
Aww, that little badger face lady is adorable, sad about lamb #1 but I guess it simplifies things a lot to have two rather than three. Ours will all be straight up Poll Dorset this year, so I'm looking forward to fluffy white sideburns.

In the mean time we picked up two bottle fed lambs who are super adorable and happily follow the humans around the yard :3: they're so cute before they get real teeth...

Buzz our lone goat kid has also been picking up bad manners from the other goats and taken to doing the most ridiculous charging at legs, stopping, then slowly booping people with the most ineffective head butts.

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Everyone managed to keep their legs crossed while I was away yesterday (nice meeting you Luloo!) but when I did night checks I though Flirt looked like she was going to pop soon. I had a dream she had triplets and then woke up at 5:30 to check on her and just found some blood and a single little cold dead lamb buried in some hay. There was no way Flirt just had one tiny one baking in there so in I went and out came these two. I guess I'm psychic now. It's too bad about the first one but it was a boy and these guys will do better as twins anyway.

It was nice to meet you and your mom too. I love my yarn. When I finally get around to making socks from it, I'll post pictures. Unfortunately, I have three pair to make before I can use my pretty red mohair. Your mom caught me at the elevator as she was taking a box of wool upstairs. It was sooooo soft. I tend to break out in hives when I use sheep's wool from a store, but you may have converted me.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

luloo123 posted:

It was nice to meet you and your mom too. I love my yarn. When I finally get around to making socks from it, I'll post pictures. Unfortunately, I have three pair to make before I can use my pretty red mohair. Your mom caught me at the elevator as she was taking a box of wool upstairs. It was sooooo soft. I tend to break out in hives when I use sheep's wool from a store, but you may have converted me.

That was actually mohair with a small amount of merino so maybe don't run off to wool before touching some first!

Goats are still holding out on me. Curse you goats :argh:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Ginger popped a little redhead doe kid real quick between dinner at 6:30 and barn check at 8:45. She's very cute and very loud and very dumb, like all baby goats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJkk2cmN20c

The lambs remain adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

That was actually mohair with a small amount of merino so maybe don't run off to wool before touching some first!

Goats are still holding out on me. Curse you goats :argh:

Oooh, thanks for the head's up. And the new babies are super cute.

• Locked thread