Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

pretend to care posted:

I'm sure it's been covered (though not in OP) so apologies in advance but how is the PS4 version of RB4 going to get hosed over, or has Harmonix dropped the payola preference for Xbox?

I might be mistaken, but I believe the Xbox deals were done with MTV Games / Viacom and not Harmonix. Since they are self-publishing this time around, that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Kuuenbu alt detected! :siren:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

ALFbrot posted:

Nah he didn't say anything about how poorly compressed modern music is.

LOUDNESS RACE!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Merijn posted:

how are people full-on headbanging to just a drummer going nuts on his setup

Their competing entertainment options at the First Unitarian Church are somewhat limited.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

pksage posted:

This would require anyone but toymachine posting GH news.

:iceburn: Shots fired.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Deathlove posted:

I only got one asking if I did or not.

Then you obviously said yes. If you said no there was more than one question.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Guys, the word "exclusive" has been redefined in the gaming industry over the past few years. It doesn't mean in video games what it means in plain English. The adjective "timed" is now implied.

edit: Here's a FAQ that confirms.

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 11, 2015

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

The T posted:

I also want individual adapter/instruments solely because I'd prefer to just have a digital version of the game.

:hfive:

I'm currently planning to sell the physical copy that comes in my guitar bundle for whatever I can get for it and then buy the game digitally, but this is a crummy solution.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

ALFbrot posted:

I assumed this whole time that the adapter dongle would have at least a USB port in it, as I'm one of the weirdos still using a Guitar Hero 2 360 Xplorer.

This is going to be so expensive :(

I can't find my source on this, but I very distinctly remember someone from HMX responding to that specific question on Twitter by saying that 360 Xplorers would not work with RB4 on Xbone.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Are the RB3 leaderboard servers down for everyone, or do I have something wrong on my end? I appear to be connected to Xbox LIVE and can access the DLC store in-game, but I can't use any of the leaderboard features.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

RB4 achievement list is up.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Binowru posted:

The Apple event going on now just revealed "Beat Sports" by Harmonix for the new Apple TV. Looks like a cross between Wii Sports and Amplitude

…that you play by swinging your phone around. :what:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

ElwoodCuse posted:

I blame Microsoft more than anything, if the Xbone wasn't a pile of poo poo when it launched I'd have happily kept on their platform and would have already pre-ordered the game and adaptor.

Part of my decision to go with Xbone over PS4 was the hope that this day would come. I poo poo you not.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

More details revealed regarding the new campaign and character creator.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Geographica posted:

I'm surprised at how Americo-centric RB4's setlist is. Songs like the ones from .38 Special, Brad Paisley, the Outfield, Rick Derringer, Live, Scandal etc don't have much international reach, and equal ~zero sales across the pond.

I appreciate that the US is their biggest market, but usually HMX throw Europe a bone - like the RB1 European songs, or a token Rammstein gesture.

That poo poo-assed Cool for Cats song was on one of the discs one time. What more do you want?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Chill Penguin posted:

How are the new instruments looking for RB4? Are you guys planning on getting them, or are you guys mostly planning on trying to use older stuff? I haven't played any of these games since the boom, back in like 2007-08.

Don't be fooled by the fact that their outer housings look absolutely identical to RB3 instruments'. Just about every single component of them has been improved. Coupled with the fact that my old controllers are all very well worn loved by now, yes, I am getting one of the new ones. Here are some details, if you're curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgBoo6FjmtY

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

RBA are reporting that the 360 legacy adapter without game software was briefly listed on Amazon for $25. So if you want to buy the game digitally and use your old controllers, you have to pay a $5 tax (controllerless software bundle with adapter is $80). This also happens to gently caress those of us who ordered a hardware bundle with the intention of reselling the sealed copy of the disc and buying the game digitally. Grumble grumble. :argh:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Holy poo poo I am legit excited about BABYMETAL. I assume this is roughly how all those other nerds felt when Protomen was announced. I get it now, guys. I get it.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Kaboobi posted:

and OF COURSE the Weird Al song is his Foo Fighters parody

They should do another version of

…and that song should count toward it.

kefkafloyd posted:

Buying the XBone just for this one song.

Oh heavens, don't do that. It already exists on C3. Go download it now before they take it down, and save yourself the $350.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

If you browse to RB4 in the store section of the SmartGlass iOS app and tap "Game Help", you can read the manual to the game in companion mode. I just read through it all, and there is nothing of much interest. However it does say that the process for claiming entitlements involves browsing though the in-game store for any song whose price is shown as "free". There is no mention of a single button to download all owned songs. So that's a bit of a bummer.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

toymach1ne posted:

http://amzn.to/1YB4sn6 - Legacy Adapter for XB1 Bundle is available to order

Yep. Has been for some time now. The news is that the standalone adapter is back up on Amazon. And sure enough, it's still $25, which in light of the $80 bundle you linked means people who buy a hardware bundle and a digital copy can only expect to sell their disc for $55 (since anybody interested in it will need the $25 adapter, which they can get with the disc for $80). gently caress, that's obnoxious.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Digital preorders are up on Xbone now. The rumored 12 bonus tracks are, in fact, part of the bundle.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Kaboobi posted:

...you still have working wired RB1 guitars and drums? Wow.

That's loving impressive. I have a strat I bought a year into RB3 that has been ground just about into dust. Those peripherals were never exactly built to last. Although I want to believe Big Boy Barry when he says these new ones are. We'll see.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

So what was the big TwitchCon announcement? Did I miss it? Was the announcement just that the first title update will be Dec. 8th and will add new features for free? Or was there more to it than that?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Abu Dave posted:

The snarkiness from Harmonix employees on those Reddit posts is really annoying. :/

It's all or almost all that /u/nordee guy, right? I could be mistaken, but I believe he is the lead designer on RB4. Which, if that's true, shew… he's no DeliciousBees. Of all the awesome people who've left Harmonix, I think Teasdale's absence is most felt. I've tried so hard to like everything he's been a part of since, but none of it was for me. I wish he was still on Rock Band. But yeah, nordee seems like a total scud.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Kaboobi posted:

Soooooo two U2 songs on disc plus more as DLC by the end of the year? Not my thing but I know a ton of people love em!

https://t.co/jnKWSOoRHb

Nord is credited as Lead Designer in that video, so I'm evidently not the only one who was under that impression.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Trash Boat posted:

Devil tier songs for each instrument:

Guitar:
Brad Paisley ft. Keith Urban - Start a Band

OK, I would not have guessed that.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Harmonix will be streaming RB4 in 20 minutes here: http://twitch.tv/harmonixmusic

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

pksage posted:

The stream is showing off harmony vocals on legacy DLC! I may or may not have more things to say on that when it's formally announced by HMX!

Pope announced the Legacy Harmony Project involvement earlier in the stream.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I think they view the new "play a show" mode as the replacement for quick play setlists. But it really isn't if you care at all about leaderboards / FCs / score chasing type stuff. All of that is disabled in play a show because it carries your combo and overdrive from song to song and awards bonuses that aren't available in quick play.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Ha ha, Eric Pope is on yet another Twitch stream (a Microsoft one this time) responding to every user question with, "yeah, that's a good question, but I don't actually know the answer." And some of them are PR softballs that have been confirmed a half dozen other places. I love that guy whenever he shows up on GiantBomb, but he's kiiiinda bad at his job.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

gypsyshred posted:

How do I redeem my DLC on my Xbone? I'm looking at stuff I've purchased back in the day, but it all has a price listed, and throws up the "would you like to charge x card?" screen if I try to download.

Yeah, currently it's doing what you described on the web marketplace but behaving as you'd expect from the console itself. I hope they fix that soon because I can click through all this poo poo a lot faster on a computer. There are several other issues with the process right now as well. For instance, owning Blitz does not currently entitle you to download the Xbone versions of the songs from it and many songs are showing up twice. Also there are no full pack entitlements, as Kaboobi mentioned, and I'm not even sure that's an error. That might just be the way of things. Basically the whole thing is a mess right now, and I'm just going to sit tight for a bit before I start clicking everything.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Since I'm not seeing any goons in here, I thought I'd mention that Lee is streaming drums right now.
http://www.twitch.tv/ibiteprettyhardrb

Dude sight reads like a mother fucker.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Mr E posted:

I'm guessing we don't know when cymbals are available except 'soon'?

They've said "early 2016" so far.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Mr E posted:

Well that's awful, drums are way better with cymbals.

Old ones still work.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

ChinaCatSunflower posted:

I'm fairly certain they said cymbals would be available shortly after launch?

You're right. My mistake. Reread that part of the FAQ, and it says:

official RB4 FAQ posted:

Q: I want to pre-order JUST the new guitar. Where can I go to order a standalone Rock Band 4 guitar?
A: We will not be selling standalone Rock Band 4 instruments for pre-order or at launch. This does not mean that we will never sell hardware separately from the game; we plan to make standalone instruments available in early 2016. The only exception to this are the Rock Band 4 cymbal expansion kits, which will be available for purchase at launch! We’re focused on manufacturing hardware to satisfy demand for the bundle offers that are currently live.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Brocktoon posted:

AzuriteReaction is in the chat talking about how he's going to start making videos again. Hopefully BillTVShow will be back, too!

The only crew I want to see return is Corporal Gregg / JoshieTV / a tea tree / Vildiil / et al. (whenever they patch in online play)

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

whypick1 posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Literalism Challenge where he FCs Birth in Reverse while climbing into his mom's vajayjay

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Brocktoon posted:

I believe he said "I tried the ions but never got consistent hits"

Tell me more, AzuriteReaction. :allears:

Captured for :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Alakaiser posted:

Hey, can you give me a few pieces of info? Specifically, which console you are using, and what controllers you're using. If you're using a legacy instrument, I'd love to know which one.

Hey, don't come in here and interrupt our video/streamer hate speech with your helpful problem solving <:mad:>