Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I liked that Fisk could go toe to toe with Daredevil. I don't care that he's a god drat ninja and neither does Fisk. "I'm a big tough strong son of a bitch mother fucker, gently caress your ninjas", is basically what he's saying anytime they actually meet as he just punches the poo poo out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah but she got an abortion in college. Matt's gonna be pissed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Steve Yun posted:

How's he going to find out, is he going to smell that she had an abortion

It was Gosnell, and Matt is part of the prosecution.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No, it isn't. On a conspiracy board the king card is pinned to the top though, representing him. Maybe he'll get the name in prison.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Electromax posted:

Yeah, I understand and think it was better off for it, I was just curious since everyone in the thread obviously calls him that even though, technically, it's just a vestigial name that doesn't actually apply to the character we see on the show (yet anyway). I wonder if he showed up on 2 more seasons and was never christened as Kingpin officially, would the fanbase still call him that anyway forever, or would eventually he just be Fisk?

I guess people call the Agents of SHIELD characters by their comic names (Quake, Mockingbird) constantly even if those names haven't been given on the show - makes it confusing for non-comic-readers to follow occasionally. People called a character the Reader from the comics for pages since I guess he was blind, then later it turned out that wasn't even who he was intended to be.

Well quake is a good nickname anyway since Skye is always making quakes, and Bobbi is always imitating car alarms and dive bombing crows, so Mockingbird works there too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wesley is a good friend, he's just a solid all around dude.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It doesn't seem suuuuper cool that one of Marvel's first leading women if it's following the comics is basically going to feature Rape Man as the villain and use rape as a plot device for character development. Then again, they might not be going that direction. Just from reading about the Purple Man I'm hoping it's not as rapey as the book.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gaz-L posted:

If you haven't read the book, you really should. Yes, Kilgrave is SUPER creepy, but the story is very easy to interpret as a recovery narrative. It's not 'girl is abused by Mr Rape and is traumatised, The End', it's about her facing up to that experience and moving on with her life, in the best way of all comic books: The power of really blatant symbolic rear end-kickings. With more swearing than your average Marvel book.

Because Tennant is signed on for like eight episodes and these series tend to be origin stories I'm more afraid it will be about the bad poo poo as it is happening.

greatn fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 22, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mikeraskol posted:

Oh its a lose/lose for Marvel and the complaints when they announce the casting are going to be loud.

Just cast a Puerto Rican jewish guy, then if anyone complains THEY'RE the racist/anti-semite.

Although obviously my dream casting for Iron Fist is RZA

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Solaris Knight posted:

I would unironically love this. I mean there's already Power Rangers actors in Daredevil and Jessica Jones!

Which ones? I didn't notice any.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well, they'd have been called Eugene Wesley and Wilson Farkas.

"You know, I was never a religious man, but one story always stuck out to me. A young Triforian was traveling from Mirinoi to Earth, when he was beset upon by a great bulk, slowing down his pyramid ship and making him unable to move. An aquitian passed by, and seeing the situation believed it was best to not become involved. Next there was a group of rangers from KO-35, but they were on an important mission, and could not afford to stop and help the man. Then passed by a sniveling alien named Piggy, whom no one trusted. But this alien stopped and tended to the triforian's wounds, gave him noodles from his food truck, and took him to the planet Onyx, where he gave the bartender all of his money to bring him back to good health.

I used to think I was Piggy, but no, I've... recently come to accept the truth about myself. I'm not Piggy. I'm not the rangers... I'm not the triforian. I AM THE BULK, and this city will know, when I have beset upon it! "

One year later Wilson Farkas' trial ends in a not guilty verdict thanks to jury intimidation.

"Ahhhhh, after ten thousand hours I'm free! It's time to conquer Manhattan!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
But consider this...

Ninjas can't catch you if you're on fire.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I fell in love with the muy guapo Foggy in episode two, when Karen is to afraid to go to sleep so he decides to stay up with her, take her to dive bars and show her the city isn't as dangerous as it looks sometimes. And even though he clearly has a crush on her, is pretty obvious that's not why he's doing this, he's doing it because he loves the city and wants to share it, and is a good friend.

I also thought the way their potential relationship kind of fizzled out and didn't go anywhere was very realistic, and that neither of them needed to explicitly say anything about it to the other.

greatn fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Apr 24, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Foggy was like my favorite character.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Sharmat posted:

I maintain the Hand is gonna mostly be a Defenders thing.

Elektra and Bullseye seem like no-brainers at this point. Also more Fisk backstory. No qualifiers. More Fisk backstory in everything. If Age of Ultron doesn't have at least 10 minutes of Fisk backstory it will have failed as a film.

It doesn't, but Ultron basically had the same backstory. His robot dad ran for city council and was kind of an rear end in a top hat, Ultron had to kill him with a electormagnet. Ultron watches television with no signal for comfort, because his dad used to make him stare at Channel 3 without any antenna. Ultron's dad even owed money to the Rigalettos. I REALLY wanna know what the gently caress is up with the Rigaletto's if they were also lending money to Ultron's dad. Justin Hammer is basically his Wesley. Get's killed by Natalie Portman towards the tail end.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Will what about Mysterio? Doors he count? I read a trade paperback where he was the villain of the arc, basically had convinced Daredevil some baby was the Antichrist and that he has to kill it or something.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah,

"Is this a date?"
"You know what I think it is. Now could you close your eyes and touch my face so I can pretend you're actually Matt?"

was the one time I was like "fuuuuuuuck yooouuuuu Karen"

Also all of Foggy's machismo of how he would totally beat up that masked terrorist if he saw him was probably a turn off.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe Bullseye sniped the cop but didn't kill him because no one specifically said to kill him and he is like a genie.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Presenting himself as a blind superhero is a little compromising of his secret id.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When does Foggy get struck by gamma lightning in San Francisco bay and develop his fog powers?