Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
My cousin and I actually thought the opposite. He was actually understandable, whereas most of the time when non speakers try to speak Chinese it is impossible for me to understand.

I don't think Madame Gao's actress is a native mandarin speaker. She came off as of Hong Kong origin from her speech patterns.

Episode 11
Wesley's death is utter bullshit and I can't handle Karen Page. It made no sense whatsoever for a person of his stature in that situation to be that careless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

She's not Chinese at all in the story, and he's basically a giant toddler that could rip people in half. Who the gently caress is going to give them poo poo about how they talk?

?? Pretty sure she is Chinese in the show.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

She specifically isn't. 1x13 spoiler - She tells Owlsley that she's going home. He says, "to China?" She says "somewhere much further away than that."

:| I just got to that part (like literally 2s ago) so why would that guy throw it out like that when the people having the discussion weren't even there yet?

I'm not sure what that means, but I don't think it means she's not Chinese. I'm Chinese and I consider somewhere else my homeland.

VDay posted:

I took that to mean that she's just being cryptic and is actually talking about some secret shady ninja place, not that she's just from Australia or something.

Ditto.