Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Watched the series, enjoyed it. Looking forward to Elektra in season 2 :toot:

What was Black Sky supposed to be? Is it an Iron Fist thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I've saw it posted on various places, but I really hope when they cast Danny, they make him Asian-American. I never realised how "and the white guy arrives and he's better than the natives automatically" Danny's origin story was until it was pointed out.

If they make him Asian-American, they can pull the Chosen One schtick a little more credibly.

Making the 'Gifted Martial Artist' character Asian isn't exactly amazing either.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Daredevil was beaten by an old man with a stun gun.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I really hope that they will go all out with the stupid mystical bullshit for the Iron Fist show, that will be amazing.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I hope we get an exploding grapple hook in season 2.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Well, Tennant carried the show hard. Really curious what they'll do in season 2 without him, I certainly have no interest in watching a season with just the rest of the cast.

The way Kilgrave kept escaping got extremely ridiculous. They should either have shortened it down a bit or maybe have the season start out with Jessica just doing regular cases while slowly building up Kilgrave in the background instead of going all in on it from episode 1. Or maybe just spend more episodes on the wacky adventures of the Superduo Jessica and Kilgrave, that was pretty rad.

The fight scenes were laughably bad. It's like they didn't have any idea how to show super-strength so they just said gently caress it and shot it all halfassedly as hell.

Way too much space wasted on the Lesbian Lawyer subplot. It was really stupid how she devolved into being comically evil with the whole aborted purple man fetus thing later on as well.

Really wasn't expecting loving Nuke of all people to show up. Hope they do that one iconic Miller moment with that character and Daredevil/the Avengers.

Decent show overall, a bit worse than Daredevil but I don't regret watching it. Please don't mess up Iron Fist Marvel/Netflix/Disney (if it even gets made)

Kainser fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 25, 2015

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Soothing Vapors posted:

SG would belong to fox, wouldn't she?

Squirrel Girl is a mutant in theory (marvel retconned it recently because they hate fox but that doesn't matter for rights) but she has always been much more connected to non x-men properties so who knows. The Marvel/Fox rights can get pretty esoteric at times. Like the Skrull rights which are dumb as hell with Marvel owning the race and Fox all the named Skrulls or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Would be kinda funny if the current comic status quo affected who got the rights just to see how fast Marvel would retcon Wolverine into a Wolverine-Human lovebaby.