Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Botnit posted:

Just finished episode 8. Don't like Ritter or Jones as a character, think it was either miscast, badly written or badly acted. Don't read comics so don't know what that's like but Ritter looks like a teen girl going through a goth phase in that jacket, personality is one tiny step above angry drunk racist, and I don't give a poo poo about what she does or happens to her.

Kilgrave on the other hand had a coming out party in episode 8. Went immediately from Don't Care in episodes 1-7 to Guy Owns. Jones finally came out with "you raped me" (rightfully) to him "well how am I supposed to know if everyone does what I want teehee" and David Tennant sold it enough that my mind went "Good point..." Well played, Kilgrave, making me feel sympathizer for the rapist. Well played indeed.

Would've much rather had a Kilgrave based show based on what I've seen so far.

Also with Cage leaving this is the whitest show (not) on TV.

ugh if ever a post made me want to see someone round up and shot for their opinion about a Netflix original

Gyges posted:

Daredevil doesn't see color though.

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

esperterra posted:

"actually you're wrong because--" *regurgitates verbatim their bad opinion*

*farts*

Four Score fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 8, 2016

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

esperterra posted:

I'm a lady.

Or is it a fact that I'm a man, too?

I fixed the pronoun for you :yosbutt:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
why the gently caress is that not Tom Jane

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

I'm not totally in love with that video, it ditches the retro the 80's action thriller vibe which made the concept of the Punisher enjoyable for regular human beings for the gritty Garth Ennis hallmark hyper-violence with undertones of racism I can't stand. Still, I'm really gay for Tom Jane and, to answer my own question he's probably busy filming Syfy's "The Expanse" which is awesome and you should watch

Four Score fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Feb 19, 2016

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I, for one, am happy that Elektra and the Hand aren't all in Santa suits. Costume owns

Not sure how I feel about the purported background of Iron Fist. He's only missing from New York for three years? So, instead of being raised as a ward of K'un-L'un, he wandered off to Asia as an aimless angry young rich white guy, and fell face-first into mastery of the martial arts? I mean, I can see WHY they're doing it, because of the difficulty of filling out a cast for a character who would have had little or no attachments to New York having grown up in kung fu Hogwarts...

...but it sounds a lot like Batman Begins.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

BrianWilly posted:

Preview clip of a Yakuza fight.

It's...uh...it's not that good? :sweatdrop: I feel like portions of it got cut out or something. I dunno. Is it the choreography itself? Something seems off about it.

I've never heard of "AOL.", is this a new online news outlet of some kind I should be following? They seem to get some neat-o exclusives!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

BSam posted:

They are pretty cool, I can get you an AOL disk if you're interested.

A... disk? But where would I put it in my computer??

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Convex posted:

Oh, please. Some of their critics are better than others, but they're great overall.

Everything being relative they're still trash. I'd read the SA movie reviews again before engaging anything written on AV Club, and I was not a fan of them either

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
If season 3 starts with Karen having been let go from the Bulletin after they realized her writing was bad this may make my favorite TV show of all time shortlist

A.o.D. posted:

You know that Frank deliberately sank his own defense case, right? Not only that, but it was a deliberate, calculated action on his part, and not a tantrum. Did you miss the line that the Blacksmith's corrupt cop told Frank as he took the stand?

nice reading comprehension and story comprehension fail

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

nooneofconsequence posted:

Something about the way he did that and the way he delivered that line was really funny to me. It felt really cartoony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJIrwNwtzfw

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

SonicRulez posted:

The ninjas are alive. Only Nobu is a zombie. It's less that Matt was a-ok with Frank shooting people and more that he couldn't stop it and it saved his life. He's not gonna go track him down and give him a talking to.

The ninja Temple kills died twice

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

That's a wooden knife, huh?

Obviously. You can tell by the steely glint

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I was just poking fun at how the wooden knife is illustrated as reflecting light for some reason :shrug:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I will watch this show forever if zombie/child soldier ninjas who can ressurect the dead causes Matt to abandon his stupid Catholic bent

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus can't even actually turn the wine into his blood and the bread into his body, but some rear end in a top hat gimp surgeon just says "By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggarth!" and bam magic, I know who I'm worshipping

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Black Mariah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
But I thought Sam Loeb was the last horcrux?