Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So is there any way to get in on this, at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Can I get added to the list that would like a key? I'm based out of the U.S.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What is the time to t5 or t6 from scratch?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Thanks so much for the key. I wish I saw it before work. Gotta get a few games in after work then.

Anything I should focus on or skip? I saw a post on reddit saying jp cruisers are inferior to us, any truth to that?

Zotix fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 1, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Are there current ship trees available anywhere? Not planned but current.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

3 Kills in my first game in the USS Chester Molester. Game is pretty fun.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 2, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Since moving from fighting bots to actual players, my teams have been a complete mess. Like 3-4 people dying within the first 2 minutes, which puts the rest of the game at nearly a 2 - 1 the whole time.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What us cruisers should I keep an eye out for that are a good experience playing?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I want to play with goons in a few min when I get home. Is the server in the op still correct?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I gave destroyers a chance last night. I figured I wouldn't like them. Ive been pretty successful in the jp tier 2 destroyer. But I've still got a lot to learn on tactics

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

You can't really judge DDs at tier 2. Tier 4-5 are the happy hunting grounds where you will have the most fun until you have to adapt tactics when you go to tier 6 and above.

So how does the tier 3 jp dd fare? I unlocked it earlier today but didn't play it?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Do you think a game like war thunder that should have realistic modeling for the ship's as opposed to a hp model like warships will have more interesting gameplay?

Zotix fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 5, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

There is no reason that they shouldn't have more players in this test. As it stands going against something 4 tiers higher is an effort in futility. Even more so when you are talking carriers.

Edit: This honestly isn't a fun game to play alone either.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 6, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The amount of people in games today loving the new ocean map is too damned high. I was like the only person against it, and I had a flood of people say poo poo like ... Adapt, learn to play on open water, etc. The. I spent the next 15 minutes smashing destroyers that couldn't close the gap in my myogi.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It feels like a poo poo ton of people are using that aim mod. I'm not sure how popular it really is, but it feels like a lot of bullshit shots are happening today.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

#justfusothings
:allears:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Crazy amount of people are using that aim assist. You can tell when your entire team is at half life from BS salvo's before any close engagements have happened. Yes, I know it only works in a straight line, but there are still a huge amount of people using it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Stevefin posted:

I'm one of those spergy idiots who brought the 3 pack cause I like botes :negative:

There'll always be someone out there that will support a pile of poo poo. Perhaps the game will be good one day, but that day is not today.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Insert name here posted:

I mean you'd think that they would at least make it so a pre-order package would grant instant access to the CBT but lmbo

Why? You had a Wargame employee on Reddit a week and a half ago arrogantly defending only giving keys to streamers, to build hype for the game and then belittleing people and telling them they aren't entitled to keys.

xthetenth posted:

It actually improved pretty significantly when they slowed the rate of points accumulation on three cap so that mode has an endgame now and is living up to what it used to be as a truly good game mode.

It's pretty dumb that a match can end while you are capping a point. IMO the timer should sit at 0, if an objective is being capped. If the objective stops being capped it should end the game immediately then.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 10, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's crazy to think how many people shelled out money for the boats too. Like $30 for one boat. Compare that to like $10 for a champion in league. It's crazy. This is coming from someone who has spent over $500 on mobile games in the past year.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The best thing about this game is doing 54.9k damage to a fuso, and then having someone come by and snipe the last 150 life, and get more xp and credits than you do.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Haven't played since march. JP still the best for DD? How do the countries fare for the rest of the ships?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So JP cruisers are in a pretty solid place? Last I played I was basically JP BB and US Cr lines. Looking to mix things up this go.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So which of the US Battleships are enjoyable, and which aren't? I have the Arkansas beta, and it's decent. I get outranged by similar tier japanese ships, but I tend to do quite well with it regardless.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is matchmaker giving one team 6 players more than the other a common thing? Seriously what the gently caress goes wrong that one team gets like 7-8 players and the other team has like 14.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The Dresden just shits out rounds doesn't it. I decided to give the german CR line a go last night, and that ship just outclasses all of the other ships in that bracket. Do German's keep the same consistency throughout the rest of the tiers or is that the golden point for them?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Back in April all I used was AP. Now I'm using He in everything except battleships. I'm having a lot more success with He on CR

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just had this game

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So the Karlsruhe still sucks? The tier 5 ship is decent? If so I might use free xp tonight and try to get into it asap.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Gun fire control system 1 or Main Battery Modification 2 on the Konigsberg?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm about to get the Colorado, is there a generally accepted better route for the US battleships?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Velius posted:

That depends. Do you like playing fast battleships that can move, or slow battleships that can’t and aren’t fun more?

Do the slower battleships have any advantages? Do they hit harder? Are they more accurate?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Actually, scratch my previous question. Is there an actual battleship line that's accurate? Because going up the ranks, the entire American line has awful spread on the shots. Nothing lands on point. The shots go where I aim, but the spread is such dogshit that it hits everything around the point, except the point itself.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Thank gently caress. It's unbearable with how I can perfectly lead a target and I watch the shells splash everywhere around the target except for the target itself. Is like the opening scene in pulp fiction except with boats.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

5 minutes left in a random battle. 2 battleships left on my team, 1 destroyer on the other team. The destroyer capped the second point, but they were still behind on points compared to us. Why did we lose? This game has some of the dumbest loving rules to whatever their modes are. I can see why I quit playing after beta.

TBH the game doesn't even seem like it's in a good state. It's incredibly difficult to find full matches outside of anything less than T7. Most of the time you sit in queue for 5 minutes and then still get a game with 50% bots. There are half a dozen different ways to purchase currency and the prices for things are absolutely egregious(and I play a gently caress ton of gacha games on mobile).

Zotix fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 20, 2021

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The Russian line was fun until the Izmail.

This game really shouldn't have +2 tiers. I'd rather wait 8-10 minutes for a match instead of playing against ships that just totally outclass you. Hell I had a match yesterday that went from t4-t7. Is the game really struggling that badly for players? Because it sure seems like it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

kaesarsosei posted:

The Izmail, tier for tier, is maybe the second strongest Soviet BB after the Sinop. Sinop is unquestionably number 1 but number 2 is a toss-up between T8 Vladivostok or T6 Izmail, IMO.
But most matches I'm in at T6-8 because the bulk of the player base is in the higher tiers.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ya, I don't really get the Izmail. 90% of the matches I'm in against t8, which out range me and most definitely out gun me. If they hit me, it's almost always a citadel. Sure the guns angle fairly well straight forward, but the boat doesn't have the front armor tanking like the Pyotr had. It's a very frustrating boat compared to say the Pyotr where I was regularly snagging 4 and 5 kills a match.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

lmao, just played my first match of the day in this stupid ship again. T8 cruisers penetrating you, while your shells bounce. Solid gameplay experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

this game has zero match making in random battle right? It only tries to make teams balance in terms of composition right? Like there's zero effort to balance on skill, or progression of account or anything like that right?