Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This is the official thread for those who bought the game from an official reseller and are going to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
NOPE

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
i still havent gotten my steam code from pavels-videogamekeys.ru yet

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I cna;t figure out how sewage works.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I cna;t figure out how sewage works.

You poo poo in a pipe and it goes into a hole in the ground.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

False alarm, my sewage pipe was not connected to the pipe that goes into town.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is full of win.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

tell me why should I go from simcity4 to cities skyline with an argument other than the obscenely large size of a simcity4 mod folder for it to look pretty

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
[TELL] Me Why City-Building Isn't Gay

Ten Dollars Wasted
Mar 9, 2015

qnqnx posted:

tell me why should I go from simcity4 to cities skyline with an argument other than the obscenely large size of a simcity4 mod folder for it to look pretty

Because it owns.

Ten Dollars Wasted
Mar 9, 2015

THE PENETRATOR posted:

[TELL] Me Why City-Building Isn't Gay

Because it owns.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
My city's built like Boston: You might get in but good luck driving out. :getin:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Kotaku says the traffic system is super poo poo and terrible.

http://kotaku.com/cities-skylines-the-kotaku-review-1690432932

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

glad i caught this before i picked it up. i need a good traffic system to keep my poo poo stiff

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Traffic thing is definitely fixable. I haven;t seen it yet, but it's like they sit in one lane when others are available.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Autism: the Game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Autism is right... I keep turning this off because my cities look ugly.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Ten Dollars Wasted posted:

Because it owns.

I've been waiting for the karmic :10bux: reincarnation of the butthole guy, are you it?

Ten Dollars Wasted
Mar 9, 2015

Bolverkur posted:

I've been waiting for the karmic :10bux: reincarnation of the butthole guy, are you it?

I have absolutely no idea who you're talking about but I do consider myself a butthole guy, so maybe.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is it a 'Buy' Knuc?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

rediscover posted:

glad i caught this before i picked it up. i need a good traffic system to keep my poo poo stiff

I kind of do. Because, as the review points out, my pleasure from these types of games is having everything run smoothly .

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What makes this thread more official than the other cities; skyline threads?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The title ya goose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played a lot of SimCity for SNES as a lad and then a lot of SimCity 2000 on PC and haven't played any city sims since, except for playing SimCity SNES on the Wii Virtual Console for a while a year or two ago. Will I enjoy Cities: Skyline.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

that happened because he has one road for all those services to use and all the cars want to turn left off that road to get to where they're going

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Poorly designed road systems end up as traffic nightmares, well designed road systems flow smoothly.

In a shocking, unforeseeable twist it turns out the Kotaku is just loving bad at the game. Like a typical gamer he blames the game for his own shortcomings.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
just bought and downloaded this, time to get mad about cities

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I really want this game, it looks like the spiritual successor to sim city 2000

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Frog Act posted:

New Orleans Simulator 2015.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Frog Act posted:

lol

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

that happened because he has one road for all those services to use and all the cars want to turn left off that road to get to where they're going

Can you go into more detail? His highway seemed ok? I want to get this game, but the "dead bodies everywhere + lovely traffic" was a big flag for my sim-OCD.

Frog Act posted:

Too soon :(

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i am happy to have found the cities: skylines thread

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Mad Wack posted:

i am happy to have found the cities: skylines thread

me too. welcome.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Already some nice user made content to go with my commieblocks.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Can you go into more detail? His highway seemed ok? I want to get this game, but the "dead bodies everywhere + lovely traffic" was a big flag for my sim-OCD.

Cars get into the lane they want to be in to turn really, really early. If you have one or two artery roads that are off center (like in a corner of the city) then most people will want to turn left after they get to the city. This causes them to all get into that lane and have the "everybody's backed up in one lane" thing. This is because people don't drive like the shitheads in Seattle and stay in whatever lane they feel like then cut across 3 lanes of traffic once they are about to pass the exit.

There are some issues with it, if you make a shortcut a lot of people won't use it, regardless of traffic, but apparently they're supposed to have something in about the traffic in the next patch.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Poorly designed road systems end up as traffic nightmares, well designed road systems flow smoothly.

In a shocking, unforeseeable twist it turns out the Kotaku is just loving bad at the game. Like a typical gamer he blames the game for his own shortcomings.

Yeah.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

gonna get this thanks to this thread

thanks thread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My city is ugly as sin but everybody is happy. Its a bad idea to build a circle road and build stuff near it, because the coverage stuff like medical and schools seem to loop in it and their effectiveness is severly diminished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You need to be generous with the wider roads imo. Also elevated roads ftw.

• Locked thread