Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why are the day phases so long? Can't we just get a single day day phase until we whittle it down to 20 or so? This game is unfun to keep track of.

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Met posted:

Why are the day phases so long? Can't we just get a single day day phase until we whittle it down to 20 or so? This game is unfun to keep track of.

I'm interested to hear other opinions on this. Thanks.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I vote for whatever keeps Alasdair and me alive the longest.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

CCKeane posted:

We're death roleblockers too.

Look, I mean.

I blocked the role.

Of death.

Block this.

*Does cool matrix kung fu moves*

##vote keane

Yeah I know I did it before but I'm doing it again because it's with kung fu moves this time.

Flats: any elucidation you wanna do? I don't mind town friendly 3P. Just look g for a true false on whether or not you are a killing role and/or SK.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'd say 24-48 hours max, cognizant of the fact that people have some hosed up roles :greenangel:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think short days are best and if people don't post then too bad so sad.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Block this.

##vote keane

Yeah I know I did it before but I'm doing it again because it's with kung fu moves this time.

Flats: any elucidation you wanna do? I don't mind town friendly 3P. Just look g for a true false on whether or not you are a killing role and/or SK.

Pander why do you hate friendship?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

tithin posted:

I'd say 24-48 hours max, cognizant of the fact that people have some hosed up roles :greenangel:

Shorter days are good in situations like this where a pretty clear lunch candidate has emerged. We can't seem to get a day ending number of votes going with the combination of absent players and plurality lynch system. There's incentive to split the vote as long as two players get lynched each day. This makes the day drag.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Pander why do you hate friendship?

I love explosions and death.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Block this.

##vote keane

More importantly, why do you hate tasteful nudes?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

More importantly, why do you hate tasteful nudes?

Wait I thought voting you generated tasteful nudes...

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Wait I thought voting you generated tasteful nudes...

Voting me gets you tasteful nudes of Alasdair.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Have you seen Alasdair nude? He's basically a stick figure with lima bean taped on.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

Poque posted:

if you're a mason cop why'd you flip roleblocker

DEATH MILLER

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote cc ken

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Have you seen Alasdair nude? He's basically a stick figure with lima bean taped on.

It's more a stabbed plum now. Rarity aimed low.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

Met posted:

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

wow youre loving up this scum team thing something awful

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

You claimed cop against your buddy earlier.

Lying then, eh?

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

oh my god i've been entirely consistent here

death miller mason cops.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

oh my god i've been entirely consistent here

death miller mason cops.

We're also Jesters now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't get people voting me, why would I rez scum if both of us were scum? It'd just be silly.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

oh yes fitty's wish for me to be bulletproof backfired and turned keane and i into jesters. if we both die then we win the game.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I don't get people voting me, why would I rez scum if both of us were scum? It'd just be silly.

confirming this

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

also the ridiculous idea that i'm scum doesn't explain the jammy flip at all.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jammy is my twin brother, it broke my heart that he was scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Alasdair will give you ten dollars if you don't vote for either of us.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pander posted:

I do not have a killing role! There are two parts to my role, the first is that I get to choose one of three potential actions to perform a night (real weird actions too, I had to bug TT about a few of them)

n1 I chose eavesdrop and learned of all the party favors Lumpen got (this is why I posted pet sounds in the thread before lumpen mentioned that's one of the things he got)
n2 I chose cop and attempted to investigate KK and got Atoramos instead
n3 I chose triplevote and had two additional votes to put on whoever I choose but apparently this either isn't working or f_v forgot to actually put my bonus anonymous votes on alasdair

i'll reveal the second half if it ends up being relevant in the future (i.e. if the person pressing me isn't loving alasdair)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Jon Joe please use your wizard magic to make Asiina a dinosaur.

##pr Asiina YOU ARE A DINOSAUR. RAWR

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

jon joe please use youre wizard magic to give me a shotgun

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

jon joe please use youre wizard magic to give me a shotgun

UNFORTUNATELY MY POWERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN USED TO BRING YOU BACK

IF YOU SURVIVE UNTIL TOMORROW I WILL GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

flatluigi posted:

I do not have a killing role! There are two parts to my role, the first is that I get to choose one of three potential actions to perform a night (real weird actions too, I had to bug TT about a few of them)

n1 I chose eavesdrop and learned of all the party favors Lumpen got (this is why I posted pet sounds in the thread before lumpen mentioned that's one of the things he got)
n2 I chose cop and attempted to investigate KK and got Atoramos instead
n3 I chose triplevote and had two additional votes to put on whoever I choose but apparently this either isn't working or f_v forgot to actually put my bonus anonymous votes on alasdair

i'll reveal the second half if it ends up being relevant in the future (i.e. if the person pressing me isn't loving alasdair)

You're one of the few people giving a poo poo so I'm gonna side with only posting things you think are immediately relevant. I'd rather kill scum!

Keane: I don't really know if you're scum or not, but alisdair is, and playing mills to his yuming isn't cool bro.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

jon joe posted:

UNFORTUNATELY MY POWERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN USED TO BRING YOU BACK

IF YOU SURVIVE UNTIL TOMORROW I WILL GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT

okay the only town thing to do is to not execute me today so i can tap into these wizard powers. i promise i will use them to give you a scum.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Two days is good, plus or minus a few hours to make the deadline at a reasonable time (around midnight est probably works best)

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

lol in a game this big why would you choose triplevote? obviously he is lying (or very stupid)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

lol in a game this big why would you choose triplevote? obviously he is lying (or very stupid)

the other two were "bloodsuck" which is roleblock a person one day in the future and "poison" which was a delayed vig kill and i had nobody i felt strongly enough on that I'd want to use either

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

flatluigi posted:

the other two were "bloodsuck" which is roleblock a person one day in the future and "poison" which was a delayed vig kill and i had nobody i felt strongly enough on that I'd want to use either

if you thought i was scum why would you actually start clarifying things to me

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

if you thought i was scum why would you actually start clarifying things to me

i mean I already told you to gently caress off and die do I really need to say it again

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Alasdairs relentless shitposting is impressively annoying.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Alasdair will give you ten dollars if you don't vote for either of us.

RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWR

(translation: ah yes, the mills strategy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

tithin posted:

Alasdairs relentless shitposting is impressively annoying.

sorry for dragging this esteemed game into the mud

• Locked thread