Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Highwire
May 15, 2003

You see, I have this condition...
Like Jesus, I am risen after 3 days - the first twelve people to welcome me back will be my disciples, and I will make you all fishers of men.

Seriously, I go out of town for 2 days, the game starts and there are 73 pages of posts? I am slowly ploughing through the backlog but does anyone want to catch me up real fast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highwire
May 15, 2003

Also ##vote winvirus

I have played this game before, I know the optimal day 1 strats.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

Asphyxious posted:

Welcome back.

Asphyxious, I shall name you Simon Peter, a humble fisherman on whom I shall build the rock of my church.

tithin posted:

Lid claimed a n0 cop on yuming came up scum

Mills claims his role is the yuming whisperer and is in a 2 man mason with her

Yuming claims to be a soldier who takes orders from others. This was "corroborated" by another soldier and commander playing

OK, thats more to go on.

I've just gone back and looked through some of the posts relating to the claim against Yuming, and can someone explain to me what happened with HKrell and his weird list of scum?

Highwire
May 15, 2003

Zetsubou-san posted:

Welcome back! We got rid of Krell BUT HE CAME BACK :gonk: and Winvirus isn't pro-town. There are multiple scum groups and Win32767 claimed Oracle and hit pay dirt.

Zetsubou-san I name you Andrew, Simon Peter's fishing partner and all round best bro.

In a huge game like this I wouldn't be surprised if there were something like 4-5 multiple-player factions as well as some independent third parties, so the 'two scum groups' isn't much of a shock.

@wins, just to be clear, you are saying that you EccoCopped 5 groups of 3 people for 'town/not town', and the only group that came back with all town was Byers/TNL/Betrayer, correct?

Highwire
May 15, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Can I be a disciple?

Sure, the criteria for disciplehood is listed above!

Highwire
May 15, 2003

Pander posted:

Hi Highwire!

Krell scumclaimed and gave a list of 10 other names of scum including roles. He got vigged. His flip was only PMed to specific people who messaged TT for it (according to them anyway). "Beloved Princess", without town or scum info, per TT's public 'flip' later. TT's cool with having players reincarnate, so now krell's back taking over a lurker's spot (sandwolf I think).

TT has done a lot of mod communications, hard to say what's 100% trustworthy vs messangers or similar roles.

Hey Pander :)

Who vigged him? Was there a reason given why the vig shot didn't produce a public role flip?

Also did I see something about being able to vote two people out each night/tonight or was I just inferring something incorrectly from my skimreading?

Highwire
May 15, 2003

Pander posted:

Mills is almost certainly lying.

I have cleaned up the redundant part of your sentence for your Pander.

In my second game ever, Mills turboed me at night (on my birthday) for no reason apart from he thought it was funny. Mills is a loose cannon and very little of what he says ever should be considered worthy of sensible consideration and discussion.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

11 hours to deadline and I am mostly caught up. Here's where I am at right now:-

## unvote

##vote Lid

My reasons are pretty simple; I have played games with Lid before and my recollection is that he is a good player. I do not understand his incentive for claiming his role and the results of his n0 investigation. He claims he doesn't want to sit on a scum result if there is a chance he will die at night, on day 1 of a 90+ person game. With 93 players, and 2 lynches, I would expect there to be something in the order of maybe...4-5 deaths at the end of Night 1. If we assume 5 night kills, plus the targets of both lynches on day one being quasi random, that gives Lid something like an 87% chance to make it to Day 2. Even if he were to have been nightkilled, something like a simple vote on yuming with 'strong feeling she is scum' as the text would have given the thread what they needed to nail her should he flip cop. By laying low, he could have had at least a N1, and maybe N2 opportunities to use his cop-ness to clear/implicate other players before claiming.

If he is a cop, by claiming D1, he's created a number of negative outcomes for the town. All subsequent investigations by him, should he even live past Night 1, are now suspect. Given the possibility of Busdrivers/Roleblockers and other power roles, we can't ever expect him to produce a result which can be trusted by the thread. He's also focused town power role attention on himself meaning that watchers/trackers/docs whatever might focus on him to the detriment of the rest of the town, something the scum team(s) are sure to take advantage of.

So I think we should be rid of Lid tonight. Regardless of how he flips, we gain information. If he flips town-aligned Cop, we kill Yuming Day 2 for sure, so we have not really lost anything (because post-claim, Lid is useless as a cop, see above). If he flips anything other than Town Cop (which is my suspicion), it will give us a longer trail to look back at on day one to understand people's connections to him and their reaction to his claim.

tl;dr

• Lid made a terrible decision to claim and his reasoning is very flawed, or more likely he is lying, hiding something.
  • By choosing to claim he denied himself the reasonable chance to get a second or more nights investigation results.
  • Having claimed, he has guaranteed his role is useless/unreliable for the rest of the game as well as a distraction.
  • Seeing his flip has huge upsides and very limited downsides

I also have a question for Lid, which he may not get time to answer - was his result Town/Not Town, or Scum/Not Scum?

Highwire
May 15, 2003

Rarity posted:

:siren: SCUM ALERT SCUM ALERT :siren:

Every. Single. Time.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

flatluigi posted:

your first major participation in the thread was a worddump on why it's smarter to kill a cop who claims a scum result over the result they got, dude, with the classic excuse of "it's to gain information"

Its my first major participation because I have been away for the last 2 days, its a word dump because the way you voice your opinions is to use works, and his reasoning stinks. Calling me scum for making my opinions known isn't scummy, its just lazy and predictable.

If it were me, I would rather everyone made their opinions known and we came to some kind of consensus decision, but sure, we can just stand by F5ing the thread with our :siren:s at the reason for someone to dare post something other than single sentence vague participatory nonsense.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

Jamuraan posted:

Hi Highwire! Wanna be unconfirmed mason buddies? I need someone to coach me because I don't have a lot of time to read the thread.

Hey Jammy :) Sure, work whatever mojo you have.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

Eight Dollars posted:

Also Highwire really needs to come back and explain his Lid vote and peacing.

I'm here. I'm not sure what part of my argument wasn't clear yesterday, and with yuming being claimed to be confirmed town by tithin, I don't feel any differently than I did yesterday.

And as to my vote then peacing, sadly not everyone can be so blessed as to operate on US time zones, and I like to at least get my opinions down and in the thread before deadline, even when its often several hours away.

##vote Lid

Boy be firing off early meaningless nonsense at Mills now, and his investigative powers, which were the very heart of his D1 claim which nearly got yuming dunked, are now on the fritz.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

you don't give a poo poo about the scum team, you want to kill the greatest loving asset to the town, which is a lightning rod.

The mafia literally can't do JACK poo poo and you want to kill the one thing standing in their way

You literally can't get more scummier other than claiming scum

Am I crazy is Byers not in the list of people who have a 'town' result on them from wins' Oracle investigation??

Highwire
May 15, 2003

##unvote

##vote Ernie

Alignment swap roles are not fun and its hard not to lynch someone who has scumclaimed.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

OK, lets get the formalities out of the way first:-

##vote Lid

Called it Day 1, and nothing have changed to make me believe he is any less scummy.

Also I have a duelists glove now I guess? My intent is to toss it at the feet of some blackguard in this thread and demand satisfaction from them today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highwire
May 15, 2003

##vpte Mills

Who is left in the eccocop brackets still? I want to throw my duellist's glove at someone...

• Locked thread