Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

how much younger I was the last time I set eyes on any of you

how much more vigorous the blood that coursed through these veins, how much more intellect behind these eyes

the journey has been long and the path wandering but finally I have returned after all this time and with great delight to vote windshipper

And now I see that not only is there no playerlist in this thread's op but windshipper is a 'special guest' what the hell is this poo poo can I ##vote windshipper or not this is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

jon joe posted:

I DEMAND POEMS. POEMS ABOUT WIZARDS!

William was a Wizard
A magical kind of whiz, lord
The Seventh Son
Of a Seventh Son
He blew apart a lizard

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Haiku is for uncreative losers.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

busb posted:

Terry Pratchett has died

Also, all said and done I think Sir Pratchett would rather have the disease take him relatively quickly rather than the alternative. Given the alternative, I expect he'd be happier this way (if not sooner), have a Brandy in his memory.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

May your nostrils flare
Up with fleas and roach poopy
No seriously.

There once was a Capitalist Pig
Who's Haikus I just couldn't dig
I could spout prose
when compared to, disclosed
"Wow Pig's poem blows"

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

William the Wizard cast a spell,
A creation of fire and brimstone;
Brightly, a portent of magics from hell,
Orange-Red streaks 'round him cyclone

Beware William's sudden-found power,
The chalked circle drawn on the floor;
Sudden, the wind grows sour,
A whisper that you can't ignore

Coalescing around Will light suddenly grew,
The beat of an unseen drum;
A flag unfurled high, with words tried and true:
We should vote winvirus, he's scum

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

May your nostrils flare
Up with fleas and roach poopy
No seriously.

jon joe posted:

CURRENTLY WINNING
Atoramos
CURRENTLY LOSING
CPIG

:boom:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

1. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY MAGIC POWER, WHICH WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
The power to blast Rock and Roll so pure the world wept and all disease was cured. My strings would shake the very heavens and loud enough to command hell. My voice would feed the hungry. No power is greater than the power of Rock.

2. IF YOU COULD CONSUME AND GAIN THE POWERS OF ANY MAFIA PLAYER, WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE AND WHY?
Isn't this a competition trying to gain your powers? How is this even a question?

3. YOU MAY ONLY USE YOUR MAGIC POWER SELECTED IN QUESTION 1 FOR *BLEGH* SELFLESS REASON. WHAT DO YOU DO?
The power of Rock is the purest of all: my fingers would play and the world would be healed. Through my music, all would be excellent to each other.

4. WHAT IS THE HIGHEST PRICE YOU WOULD PAY FOR YOUR MAGIC POWER IN #1?
There is no price which must be paid for the power of Rock, it exists in the heart of every man who ever picked up his guitar, looked up to the heavens, and let out a scream of pure fury. It exists in the eyes of every child who hears Mercury or Plant or Morisson for the first time and knows that those words bring the most blessed of gifts. Truly the power of Rock is within us all, and we need only a guitar as our wand and our souls as our picks. Alternatively, $8,000 because I could probably sell my car for that much and just propel myself through space by way of blasting Rock and Roll.

5. YOU DIE AND COME FACE TO FACE WITH EVERY DEMON YOU HAVE EVER ANGERED. WHAT FLAVOR IS YOUR ETERNAL SUFFERING?
Bubblegum.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Also I'm sad that this is no longer a poetry competition

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Man it would suck to coordinate with an 11-player scum group.

Also what role is a ninja? I assume assassin would be a scum-vig/second nightkill?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Poque posted:

i wasn't joking about my cat loving bananas. Here is a video from a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDyghPOuvUo

My cats are afraid of bananas. I just tried to give them some and they ran away.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

a worthy uhh posted:

Did I miss the reason we're being told this

I don't think confirmed town is a new role?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'm going to guess theres a role that either lets someone ask the mod two questions or a public messenger using his power in a cool way

This is a better guess than my confirmed town guess.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

a worthy uhh posted:

your "guess" was more like a semi-condescending implicit backing of the named players being confirmed town

i don't think that it's normal for a mod to unpromptedly announce players as confirmed town

i don't think that it's normal for you to have taken that at face value and repeated it as truth

I haven't played in a while but I'm pretty sure that's literally how the 'confirmed town' works, where the townie is confirmed town by the mod. flatluigi's comment that it could also be misleading is also a good point.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

come on barbie lets go party

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Ernie. posted:

Hi Barbie
Hi Ken!
Do you wanna go for a ride?
Sure Ken!
Jump in...

that music video had colors the likes of which aren't allowed in polite company

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

One of us dies, you know.

This is how The Plan works, have you not been paying attention?

I volunteer.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

This isn't the Plan. Also, who is actually in the Plan D1, and who set it up? I've asked two or three times, no one's answering.

The Plan has four townies volunteer with one eating a hammer and three receiving glory due to their willingness to die for The Cause.

This is sounds like a role-enforced The Plan where its even more risky for scum due to the chance of being copped.

Alternatively, using it to cop/kill lurkers is also acceptable

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Also Alasdair set up The Plan earlier in the thread with The Plan's originator Mills and I'm pretty sure TNL

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Mills posted:

I'm the original Planner. TNL didn't play mafia til later.

I meant I believe TNL signed up for The Plan in this thread

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I'd argue that the difference is that they didn't volunteer. I'd also argue that anyone who signs up for the Plan should be looked at as scummy.

Would you say the same of tithin's version of The Plan? Why or why not?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Even though I originally assumed comfirmed-town the more I think about it the more I agree with flatluigi re:the modpost.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

How and who puts the players' names in is as or even more important than the players themselves. I would be very suspicious of players putting themselves in.

Without going down the same The Plan arguments as ever, I'm just going to say I disagree, especially in this case. I think it is equally likely for scum to suggest other scum as it is town, and similarly at worst a null-tell for volunteers.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

hello im back someone please summarize the last 10 pages

The Plan hasn't been enacted yet, and Krell died with no flip

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Alasdair I really have to know: is that a wizard smoking a turkey bong in your avatar?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

If I got a pm telling me the flip of a player right after their death, I would've assumed it was sent to everyone.

Why? Why would you assume everyone in an 93 player game received a PM of the flip if you got a PM after asking a question in-thread and noticing the information wasn't publicly posted?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

I agree with both of the above posts.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

which is more likely?

That he gets a PM and thinks he's special and doesn't try to confirm in thread if anyone else in that window got it, and actually "think the mod was just loving with him"

Or he has outside communication, his scum buddies said they didn't get it, and he knew he was special in receiving a flip pm from the mod

For the record I would say the first option was more likely: I would post the information publicly in-thread to see if anyone collaborated the results rather than trying to fish out who else received messages, and I would not assume other players would have received PMs. If I wasn't sure the truthfulness of the information I'd probably suggest I might be getting hosed with. I wouldn't need outside communication to assume it wasn't public information, because it wasn't information posted in-thread.

You seem to be saying that if you received a PM you would assume it was PMed to everyone, which is silly.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Which statement is preferable to you KK, and why: "Who else received a message regarding the flip" versus "I received this information but I could be getting hosed with"

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

That he gets a PM and thinks he's special and doesn't try to confirm in thread if anyone else in that window got it, and actually "think the mod was just loving with him"

flatluigi posted:

like if what TT told me was true and he actually was a town-aligned princess then he's possibly the worst loving player I've ever met and all the people who are saying he should be banned from games are right, lmao

Atoramos posted:

"I received this information but I could be getting hosed with"

Khris Kruel posted:

also he did neither of those things

What is the difference between what he did, versus the second scenario I suggested?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

the difference is that he knew that it was people that asked for the role before anyone else mentioned it.

There's a difference between "hey guys I got a cardflip anyone else get one?" and "Hey guys I think only the people who asked for it got it for some unknown reason, gulag can you confirm?"

Upon second review I too think it is weird that he specifically called out the one person out of this list who corroborates his story

Khris Kruel posted:

ok so here is the list of players that are in the game that posted in the 5 minute window of Harold Krell's death:

Gulagdoll
Rurea
flatluigi
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
Milky Moor
Rarity
Bifauxnen

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Upon second review I too think it is weird that he specifically called out the one person out of this list who corroborates his story

Upon third review I reverse this opinion. Gulag was the only other poster to say anything about a flip, and if I had received non-role related information I too would try to guess why, especially when the mod specifically stated that "five minutes were up, nobody else gets information".

I find it much more scummy that Gulag had posted after the flip but did not mention the PM until directly asked by luigi.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

My best mafia friend is The Betrayer, who managed to make a reference to the time we were masons back in 2007. Even after playing over 40 games I don't think anyone else would remember a role I held over seven years ago, but he did and it truly surprised me. Alternatively Windshipper but apparently he's not a player so...

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jose Valasquez posted:

Can someone summarize what has happened in the last 10 pages or so? I have a restriction that I'm only allowed to read the last page of the thread at any given time. winvirus did something?

Winvirus claimed 3p oracle and threw his support to the scum

We have a cop investigation from way back showing yuming scum

flatluigi's comment that he received a PM from TT seems to be confirmed:

[quote="Tremendous Taste" post="442729548"]
[b]What a moving song! flatluigi is truly touched, noting that "Yes, it's true that TT told me K

To note, Gulag claimed to also receive a PM but didn't mention it until luigi asked him directly

Lumpen is now Loved

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Feel free to talk about anyone who has posted itt

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS is Betrayer, right?

And the second player I mentioned hasn't posted so I suppose I'm not free to talk about him

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Atoramos posted:

We have a cop investigation from way back showing yuming scum

Actually we have no idea what type of investigation it is, only that it showed yuming scum. winvirus claimed 3p says there's enough types of investigations where things are 'hella unreliable' but if anything's unreliable it's winvirus. Between all options, I believe the investigated scum is likely the best option.

We also have Byers2142 stating 'the cards' have indicated Ernie. is scum.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Between all options, I believe the investigated scum is likely the best option.

##vote yuming

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

krell has refused to replace tremendous taste :shrug:

I was going to make a joke about getting kingcobweb to mod but apparently he's a player in this game too

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Met posted:

This works for me.

##vote: Yuming

Oh I guess he did say cop investigation, I was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Is there a known definition for a town to be 'loved'? Between lovers and beloved I'm not sure what this means for Lumpen.

• Locked thread