Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

They give shout outs to 4chan and reddit but not SA. Even tumblr gets a mention. :crossarms:

SA is not relevant compared to those sites dude. Maybe in 2004. We're the geezers who still read the newspaper and send snail mail out of habit. (Yes I know Slenderman started here)

New episodes were ok. First episode was pretty funny, the opening and Leonard flashback was great and the montage jokes were funny even if that's hardly new territory. Also laughed at "this sandwich is a crushing blow to gender stereotypes" and "that's how you're going to increase sales, creative notes?"

Second episode I just couldn't get into. The virtual reality bit dragged on wayyyy too long and was unfunny except for Dean's Die Hard "quote"... guess I'm not the target audience for another VR lampoon. As for the other story, I guess they were trying to sell "Britta at rock bottom" but it wasn't serious enough to be emotional nor was it crazy enough to laugh at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

That episode was loving great. Awesome character development for Annie, and a nice moment for Britta that some will write off as a throwaway gag but I think really goes a long way to showing her as something other than a sad-sack punchline. Great dialogue and introspection into hope/hopelessness and loneliness, typical Harmon but that's why I like his stuff. Dialog was on point too, and of course all of the texting was hilarious.

Not a "classic" but just a great resonant character-centric episode all the way through, much like the Blade episode from S3.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

It's a shame no one is (apparently) watching this show anymore. It's as good as it has been since S3.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Rexides posted:

Are people disappointed with the episode just because there was heavy product placement (understatement), or because having that product placement somehow necessitated having fewer jokes or less interesting character development? Because I believe that you could replace Honda with whatever fictional car manufacturer could exist in the show's universe and it would still be a great episode.

In fact, I think that having a real brand made it funnier because there was now also the metaplot of the show criticizing the very thing it was doing so shamelessly.

The "shameless product placement" joke has been done so many times by so many other shows, it just isn't funny or original enough to sustain an entire episode for me. As a one-off gag, sure, the entire episode, you lost me. I do think I would have enjoyed it more if it was a fictional car brand. Some people just don't like being pitched to constantly, and I own a freaking Honda.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

I feel like the last two episodes would have been a lot better at 21 minutes instead of 28. Both ending tags were pretty funny, but the middle of the episodes just dragged and dragged.

• Locked thread