Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
triple eviction gonna be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

From what I've read, I think next Wednesday's gonna go like this:

Vote; Eviction
HoH
Noms; HoH nominates three people
Veto; Veto ceremony
Vote - *
Eviction - somehow, two people out

* This part I'm not sure how. My opinion for a fairer way of doing it is: everyone votes one out, then they announce who it is, then everyone votes again between the two remaining. The reason why I don't think they'll do this is time constraint. I think it's more likely that each houseguest votes two out at once.

This season started getting really good since King Zach's disastrous HoH reign. We've had SSSindy's guns-blazing return, sleeping giant Godrey "the Godfather" waking up, and Sarah and Bruno staying awesome in their gameplay. The challenges and tasks have been good too. The secret task of getting to the vault was hilarious and the cross-Canada road trip too.

The main thing that keeps sucking this season is how they try to end every single episode with a cliffhanger. Will the Veto get used? Who will become the new HoH??? Goddammit don't even bother starting the HoH competition if we're just gonna see the first question.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That vault task was the best.

Oh hey Godfrey, what's up? *makes another sandwich*

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

So Bruno and Bobby and Godfrey know what time it is.
They know there's a "Girl's Alliance" (which there is in that the girls will not put up or vote their gender out if at all possible) but also know Pilar and Ash are hiding behind their man meat shields.

Willow has sided with Sarah but still has a lifeline with the Showmancers.

This Triple Evict best side with anyone other than the Lovey Dovey Crew or this season is an absolute bust.

I'm not even a Godfrey fan but I know he needs an HOH win to keep this show from turning into the loving Waltons.
Zach needs to bounce... period!

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Triple eviction ruled.
I don't understand why Bruno vetoed Zach, but the reaction from the audience and houseguests and me made it awesome. I don't remember seeing this many people crying in an eviction before.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Most surprised with Sarah not voting to keep Willow lol

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Yer Burnt posted:

I don't understand why Bruno vetoed Zach

JakeP posted:

Most surprised with Sarah not voting to keep Willow lol
Neither made a lick of sense to me, especially Bruno's veto.
Unless Bruno caught wind that Ash might be peeling away from Zach from that Boy's Club talk the girls became privy to.

I somehow doubt it though.
Zach is Bruno's meat shield against Godfrey and the scorned girls is my guess.

Sarah dusting Willow likely had more to do with Sarah counting goats in her sleep and Willow didn't fit the picture. Nevertheless, that'll certainly make Willow's Jury Letter that much more of a wet fart now. I think Sarah hosed up bad there, she black widowed her closest ally. I think the fact Brit held reign to "Teh Triple Exit" Sarah had to align with Queen B because Brit made the big move whereas Willows coasted along like Summer camp.

Glad to see Kevin bounce so now we can can see which superior being tries to fill Pilar's empty dummy head. Pilar is literally a Pez dispenser made flesh; A goofy figurehead filled with tasteless sugary nothingness.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol at the audience groans when the TWISTOS TWIST was announced to be for the have-nots

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Instant evictions suck, because they don't allow anyone to strategise, have conversations etc. It's basically production going "gently caress you, too bad". Even worse was that we got two instant evictions with a HoH getting double the power with only a single power of veto. The audience groans at TWISTOS TWISTs because TWISTOWS TWISTS!!!!s are awful.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Shakugan posted:

Instant evictions suck, because they don't allow anyone to strategise, have conversations etc. It's basically production going "gently caress you, too bad". Even worse was that we got two instant evictions with a HoH getting double the power with only a single power of veto. The audience groans at TWISTOS TWISTs because TWISTOWS TWISTS!!!!s are awful.

Yeah, while I'm not sad about Kevin leaving, I respected him enough as a strategic competitor to feel bad about the way he left. Players like Jordan and Sindy earn their evictions through terrible game play. Kevin couldn't play for an HOH who ended up with double eviction power, and had absolutely no time to strategize or sway anyone for the veto or eviction vote.

I was really hoping they would have let the whole house play for two vetos just to completely blow the thing wide open!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The Windy HOH games is my single favor comp ever, they need to do that again.

Also gently caress instant evictions

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
After last night's show, the most likely option Britnee has on Wednesday is to pull Godfrey and (whoever) down and put up Zach and Bruno for eviction.
Then Brit Sarah and Godfrey vote Zach out of the game.

Unless there's another twisto coming it seems inevitable.
edit: OTOH, if B puts up Zach with Pilar it will make Zach's eviction near certain.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 12, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

That "super power" is waaaaay too powerful, it basically nullifies the week.

And I love it.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Ehh... this may actually be the first time I've ever walked away from a season of BB. I have no particular concern about any person winning or losing the game, but I really hate the way they've stripped away any trace of interesting game play at this point. I can deal with a secret power, and I can deal with a triple eviction. But to have them back-to-back, this late in the game, and benefiting the same player both times is really quite ridiculous. The game may as well be a coin flip at this point.

...And then I just remembered that this season also had a previous instant eviction, AND a first eviction that was a Canada's vote, after one aired episode. Seriously, to hell with this season...

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 13, 2015

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

That "super power" is waaaaay too powerful, it basically nullifies the week.

And I love it.
It's really just a spin on the Coup D'etat and more likely is a make up of the wet fart of a Twistos Twist earlier when they had Canada vote on a Veto Shuffle Power but kept the rules of the power so vague with plenty of loopholes that it amounted to gently caress-all.

I dunno where I stand on all of these twists. The first ever Triple Evict was pretty cool but I really didn't like the Day 0 Instant Evict. Rick James sung it best when he said that was 'cold blooded' but that's mainly because the wrong person left. Pilar is just as empty and vacuous as the day she walked in not to mention BORING. She is the goatiest goat to ever goat at this point; basically a Great White North version of Victoria. RHAP noticed that during her HOH reign when she should have had the most confessionals she had almost literally none. Diary Room couldn't even pepper her with lines to say because she's just too loving dumb to remember them. They should have had the stuffed animals speak on her behalf.

At this point, I'll root for anyone to win that isn't in the Diaper Alliance.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
/\ That also came through when Pilar was the emcee for the comp. She speaks with the cadence of someone who's been drinking for a few hours.

Bucswabe posted:

Ehh... this may actually be the first time I've ever walked away from a season of BB. I have no particular concern about any person winning or losing the game, but I really hate the way they've stripped away any trace of interesting game play at this point. I can deal with a secret power, and I can deal with a triple eviction. But to have them back-to-back, this late in the game, and benefiting the same player both times is really quite ridiculous. The game may as well be a coin flip at this point.

...And then I just remembered that this season also had a previous instant eviction, AND a first eviction that was a Canada's vote, after one aired episode. Seriously, to hell with this season...

Yes, the twistos have made the show so random they might as well put the remaining players names in a hat or spinning wheel to choose a winner. But it's been this way since the very beginning of the season.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 13, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Thanks, The Brick. I love you, The Brick.

The Brick.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That Super Power is crazy lame.

Bucswabe posted:

^^^^^^ This is where I'm at

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Wee Bairns posted:

The Brick.

Now, my opinion of the game play notwithstanding, the product placement is a totally different story! It's so utterly blatant and obvious that it almost feels sarcastic. Twistos, Oxy Clean, the Brick; I actually find it all pretty adorable. Like, is there a single viewer out there who actually believes that a kid on this show would choose to use his/her diary room session to gush about the new end table in the HOH room?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Bucswabe posted:

Now, my opinion of the game play notwithstanding, the product placement is a totally different story! It's so utterly blatant and obvious that it almost feels sarcastic. Twistos, Oxy Clean, the Brick; I actually find it all pretty adorable. Like, is there a single viewer out there who actually believes that a kid on this show would choose to use his/her diary room session to gush about the new end table in the HOH room?
Is The Brick like the Candidian arm of IKEA because I think the real drama would be watching them assemble their crap with instructions in solely pictures armed with only a supplied Allen Wrench and a countdown clock.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Robnoxious posted:

Is The Brick like the Candidian arm of IKEA because I think the real drama would be watching them assemble their crap with instructions in solely pictures armed with only a supplied Allen Wrench and a countdown clock.

No, the Brick sells regular, pre-made generic furniture not flatpacks that need to be assembled.
Also the Brick doesn't have anything that looks steampunk, which is disappointing since that's the most interesting design element of the BB house.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

No, the Brick sells regular, pre-made generic furniture not flatpacks that need to be assembled.
Also the Brick doesn't have anything that looks steampunk, which is disappointing since that's the most interesting design element of the BB house.

Actually, that's not entirely true. While they do sell mostly regular furniture, there are many things there that do need to be assembled with the ole reliable Allen wrench. I bought a table and chair set from there (love the way it looks - thanks The Brick!) and all of it needed assembly.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Bucswabe posted:

Actually, that's not entirely true. While they do sell mostly regular furniture, there are many things there that do need to be assembled with the ole reliable Allen wrench. I bought a table and chair set from there (love the way it looks - thanks The Brick!) and all of it needed assembly.

In that case there definitely should be an "assemble the furniture" competition.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Wee Bairns posted:

The Brick.
The fact that no one is sarcastic or points how much that everyone hates the Brick makes this the worst part of the show

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
They must really be starving if there was any sincerity to their tolerance of Pizza Pizza pizza.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Come on the guests are always sarcastic/ironic when thanking The Brick© for The Brick© furniture they get in The Brick© HOH room.

Propaganda Machine posted:

They must really be starving if there was any sincerity to their tolerance of Pizza Pizza pizza.

I wonder if any of them said, "drat, BB, we're in Toronto couldn't you spring for Libretto?!"

This season is winding down to a somewhat dull conclusion. How many weeks are left?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Now down to the final four, with Sarah as HOH:

Godfrey
Ashleigh
Brittnee
Sarah

In BB US news, the live feeds are now part of CBS All Access:

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=bbnewsandrumors&Number=23574219

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I wonder what that will mean for Canadian subscribers.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

I wonder what that will mean for Canadian subscribers.
It hasn't mattered much in the past.
CBS may lock down content that isn't Big Brother for Canada but I don't see Les Moonves refusing income no matter where it comes from.
CBS has caved and let Canada in every season since they ditched Realplayer.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Season 3 finale tonight. Sarah beat out Godfrey for the jury votes.

For whatever reason I just had a hard time getting into this season. I think the heavy emphasis on the twists somewhat killed tensions.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

There were a ton of twists, arguably too many. Hard to focus on a game plan when literally anything can happen and an entire week's worth of strategy can be made for nothing in the span of three minutes.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The last set of twists just killed it.

I'm also sad no one called Sarah out for being so dirty.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Just got an email from CBS.

Liven feeds will not be available to Canadians thanks to CBS All Access not being international.

Boo.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Wee Bairns posted:

There were a ton of twists, arguably too many. Hard to focus on a game plan when literally anything can happen and an entire week's worth of strategy can be made for nothing in the span of three minutes.

This one was a huge let down for me. I actually think it was one of the strongest casts we've seen in a long time, with a lot of players that had great potential. And I even found the game to be really interesting with significant power shifts happening each week. But by the time they revealed the double veto twist, I was done. This is the first season of Big Brother I have ever walked away from.

Reading a recap, I see that Sarah won, and it's pretty disappointing. With everything that went down, I think Godfrey ultimately played the best game.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I thought Godfrey was the goat kept in the game because everybody thought they could beat him due to his complete lack of allies

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

I thought Godfrey was the goat kept in the game because everybody thought they could beat him due to his complete lack of allies

Other than Dr. Will, I can't think of another player who has been more successful at the "pretend to be weak" strategy. Godfrey never seemed to be a target at any point in the game, and he completely convinced people that he was dumb and useless. His veto ceremony speech against Zach was pretty inspired, and when he finally needed to win at the last HOH, he pulled it out.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Everyone knew that he was bullshitting them and playing both sides, but let him do it because he wasn't, you know, the other side. It was fun to watch him, his Zach speech was great, and it was incredible knowing for last several boots that there was basically no scenario anyone would send him home because they wanted to strike the other side. That was all very cool, and he explained what he was doing well too, but it's a pretty thin line between being the mastermind and the floater. Most of the house saw him as the latter, correctly or not I'm not sure, and pretty much everyone saw Sarah as a huge gamer. He may have lost regardless but he had a better shot against Ashleigh, I think.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Yeah Godfrey played a good floater game and was entertaining. I'd give him more credit if his reason for picking Sarah was that he'd rather lose to her than to Ashleigh.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

Just got an email from CBS.

Liven feeds will not be available to Canadians thanks to CBS All Access not being international.

Boo.
They'll cave.
By week 2 a deal will be in place with Global otherwise the Hola plug-in will work for you just as it has for us South of the 49th Parallel with the BBCAN feeds.
There is no loving way CBS will turn away an onslaught of $ub$criber$.
It may have to come though Global's website and CBS will take a King's Ransom of the fees but it will happen.
Have faith, Hosers.

As for the finale I thought it went pretty well. The HOH showdown between Ash and God was edge of seat intense. BB Canada did a much better presentation with the two dorks locking an answer in digitally rather than with an answer cube that they second guess themselves on and an flip back and forth with. Make a decision and lock it in... all future A/B True/False comps should work like this to detract the last second waffling that happens far too frequently in BBUS. Press butt and lock it down (no take backs)... speed up that process.

The Sand Challenge was cool and something I'd like to see again in BBUS. A simple concept and simple goal and a gently caress ton of hard work to win.

The Jury Evict Twist was kind of cold blooded but this whole season has been pretty cold from the jump in regards to the twists. Pilar over Risha on Day 0 only started that poo poo show since it became very apparent afterwards that Pilar had zero game, drive nor smarts to bring to the table.

Pilar was an empty head but an even bigger empty seat for someone else in Canada who could bring something, ANYTHING to the game. Horrible casting choice in that dummy. She was perky and cute but everything else was bad television and even worse game.

While Sarah wasn't a popular choice around here I thought the way she played was pretty brilliant. Godfrey played excellent too but the fact he slept through the first half of the season likely hurt his chances in the end. Sarah talked her way through with everyone while Godfrey just napped it off.

The right person won but Sarah's edit was annoying as the hurt little puppy with no one to cling too like those ASPCA commercials with Sarah MacLaughlin playing in the background.

Godfrey's journey was more enjoyable to watch but in the end he really didn't do enough to secure those 5 jury votes. He probably should have taken Ash in hindsight but likely still came in runner-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I liked Godfrey, but he definitely didn't feel like winner material. At the same time neither did Sarah. I guess all the twists kind of made it hard to appreciate a lot of game because I feel like neither of them would have been in the finals if it wasn't for the revive + coup. If Sindy doesn't come back, Godfrey is gone that week, and if Brittany doesn't get the mega veto, she sould have been gone, and Sarah probably right behind her. Also Triple eviction really flipped the house. At least it was never super predictable I guess? It just made it hard to play the game the way it should be playedm which sucks for people who actually were doing well and got screwed by twistos twists.

• Locked thread