Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
1. What is your primary form of transportation - car, motorcycle, bicycle, train, bus, taxi, Uber, Lyft, walking (or other)?
Car! A 2003 Volvo S40
2. How many vehicles do you have?
One
3. For current vehicle owners - did you buy new, buy used, or do you lease?
My parents bought it for me new when I turned 16 because they rich, yo
4. What brand vehicle do you drive?
2003 Volvo S40, come on pay attention.
5. For owners - what was the purchase price of your vehicle, and how long have you owned it?
$28,000. 12 years.
6. How much do you spend annually on transportation (cab, bus, train-fare/payments/insurance/fuel)?
Probably a total of about $5,700 ($1,200 gas, $900 insurance, $900 repairs/maintenance, $2,700 on parking for work)
7. How much do you spend annually on maintenance for your vehicle?
$900 about. My car is a lemon and has required roughly this much per year since 2003.
8. How far is your commute to work?
10 miles/20 minutes
9. If you do not use public transportation - explain why you do not
I live 1 mile from a light rail station, and the light rail could get me to work in 20 minutes, AND my light rail pass would be free from work. I don't use it because there isn't parking at the station and I would have to walk uphill 1 mile in a city that rains 9 months of the year. The bus would take 50 minutes from my house because the nearest stop is also 1 mile away.
10. If you use public transportation - explain why you do not use a vehicle
N/A
11. What country do you live in?
USA
12. What is your gross annual income?
$80,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This thread has just been survey responses so far. Anybody noticed anything interesting/worthy of discussion? I noticed that a lot of the "conventional BFC wisdom" like buying used cars doesn't seem to be commonly practiced in here.

Also, lots of people being ambiguous about their income or editing it out. Are you worried your fellow goons will kidnap you for ransom? I promise I won't but can't speak for others.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ugh poor people ruin everything.