Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
What thing I think you're missing is the size of household/number of drivers. 1 car for a single person household is very different from 1 car for a family with 2 adults and 2 teenagers, for example.

1. What is your primary form of transportation - car, motorcycle, bicycle, train, bus, taxi, Uber, Lyft, walking (or other)?

Biking for getting to/from work. Car for most other things, although I occasionally bike to the park/grocery store/church.

2. How many vehicles do you have?

1 car shared between my wife and I (we also have a toddler).

3. For current vehicle owners - did you buy new, buy used, or do you lease?

My dad gave me his old car when I was in college, and I am driving it into the ground.

4. What brand vehicle do you drive?

2002 Honda CRV.

5. For owners - what was the purchase price of your vehicle, and how long have you owned it?

Purchase price $1, have owned it for almost 7 years now.

6. How much do you spend annually on transportation (cab, bus, train-fare/payments/insurance/fuel)?

Wow, it's hard to estimate...I'm assuming you're not including airfare for trips? I'd guess between car and bikes like $3,500-4,000?

7. How much do you spend annually on maintenance for your vehicle?

On average probably like $1,000? Although this year was brutal with some repairs costing like $2,500 in a month.

8. How far is your commute to work?

8 miles.

9. If you do not use public transportation - explain why you do not

I do occasionally use Caltrain, but mostly do not because it's only marginally faster than biking in the usual case and I'm not very good at sticking to a schedule. Plus it costs more than just biking and means less exercise. Other forms of public transportation are too slow.

10. If you use public transportation - explain why you do not use a vehicle

n/a

11. What country do you live in?

USA! USA! (SF Bay South)

12. What is your gross annual income?

Depends on stock price of my company, but around the mid 100s.

Cicero fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

RTFM posted:

(We should add a what do you do for a living field, I'm jealous seeing all these 200k+ people)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696090

• Locked thread