Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
1. What is your primary form of transportation - car, motorcycle, bicycle, train, bus, taxi, Uber, Lyft, walking (or other)?

Walking to and from work and around the neighborhood which is 90% of the time. Car for when we run errands outside the neighborhood.

2. How many vehicles do you have?

1 car between my wife and I.

3. For current vehicle owners - did you buy new, buy used, or do you lease?

We bought new. I worked at the dealership at the time and gave myself a really good deal on the car I sold myself.

4. What brand vehicle do you drive?

2011 Subaru Impreza.

5. For owners - what was the purchase price of your vehicle, and how long have you owned it?

~20k, 4 years.

6. How much do you spend annually on transportation (cab, bus, train-fare/payments/insurance/fuel)?

Not including car payments, maybe $1500 / year? With car payments, roughly 6000. We get gas maybe once a month for 40 bucks, insurance is 600 dollars a year, and then public transit makes up the other 500. My wife takes public transit to work.

7. How much do you spend annually on maintenance for your vehicle?

~200 dollars or so. Car only has 23k miles on it, so nothing has gone wrong with it yet.

8. How far is your commute to work?

2 miles.

9. If you do not use public transportation - explain why you do not

I like the walk to work and 2 miles isn't very far to walk.

10. If you use public transportation - explain why you do not use a vehicle

I use public transit only when it is either raining outside, or really really cold. It is faster for me to walk to work than it is to take the bus.

11. What country do you live in?

USA, Washington, DC

12. What is your gross annual income?

~140k

Chaitai fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
While this isn't my current situation, this is the survey filled out as if it was 6 months ago while we were still living abroad in Mozambique.

1. What is your primary form of transportation - car, motorcycle, bicycle, train, bus, taxi, Uber, Lyft, walking (or other)?
Car to work, on foot most other times
2. How many vehicles do you have?
3. For current vehicle owners - did you buy new, buy used, or do you lease?
Bought used
4. What brand vehicle do you drive?
1998 Honda CR-V
5. For owners - what was the purchase price of your vehicle, and how long have you owned it?
Purchased in cash for $6,000, 1.5 years (And we got a really good deal on this car buying it from a friend. When we left, we sold it for $5,500.)
6. How much do you spend annually on transportation (cab, bus, train-fare/payments/insurance/fuel)?
15 dollars / year for minimum required insurance (even if you were in a wreck, good luck getting insurance to pay) 70 dollars / week in fuel
7. How much do you spend annually on maintenance for your vehicle?
Labor is dirt cheap, but parts are expensive, but can be gotten much cheaper by smuggling them across the border from South Africa. We spent ~$2,000 on maintenance during our time there. This included 2 full sets of tires (one set stolen, other punctured from hitting potholes)temp gauge sensor, diagnosing and fixing ABS light, other minor things
8. How far is your commute to work?
~20 miles.
9. If you do not use public transportation - explain why you do not
Dangerous, scary as hell, and way overcrowded. Public transit is minibuses that hold 12 people, packed with about 20-25 people at any given time. Drivers think they are above the law and don't stop for anything really.
10. If you use public transportation - explain why you do not use a vehicle
N/A
11. What country do you live in?
Maputo, Mozambique

• Locked thread