Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
if you have a girlfriend you wouldn't know real magic anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What was this thing for, OP.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

It's a record of turning items into other items in the video game Finaly Fantasy 8.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

You honestly think this guy has a GF?
Looks like he'll have to Junction himself tonight :smith:

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Gross.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got to the last dungeon of FF8 before finding out you could turn the cards from that minigame into items.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I got to the last dungeon of FF8 before finding out you could turn the cards from that minigame into items.

I remember figuring out that you could eaisly max health on disc one by refining tents into curagas. I think that was the moment I became a True Gamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I remember figuring out that you could eaisly max health on disc one by refining tents into curagas. I think that was the moment I became a True Gamer.

Nice. I played the game just using draw to junction crap and then gave up on the last dungeon because I didn't like the idea of having to win back all of your menu options

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

How can you be proud of wasting your time making a chart over a video game that literally makes no sense to anyone besides you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cute anime girl posted:

How can you be proud of wasting your time making a chart over a video game that literally makes no sense to anyone besides you

I don't see you offering up any content. gently caress off.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

cute anime girl posted:

its cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if anyones got some old maps they drew on graph paper please post those as well

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

I don't see you offering up any content. gently caress off.

I have cheat codes written down on a piece of paper taped on the cover of "Apocalypse" for the PSX if you want me to post that

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

It's "content"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i got a copy of shining in the darkness for genesis and inside the case was 4 pieces of paper from when the game was new: a dungeon 1 map they messed up, a corrected dungeon 1 map with shining in the dorkness written on it, and 2 pages of maps photocopied from a strategy guide cuz they gave up drawing maps

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

cute anime girl posted:

I have cheat codes written down on a piece of paper taped on the cover of "Apocalypse" for the PSX if you want me to post that
This is literally and unironically something you should do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All I've got for stuff like that is that I printed out a bestiary for FFX and put check marks next to monsters as I caught them, because I sat down and spent like 4 or 5 hours capturing 5 of every monster for the ultimate weapon or whatever.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

some say that theyve seen gamers using the notes section in the game manuals but, personally, Ive never seen one of them

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

FactsAreUseless posted:

Maybe she's really into game charts

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

All I've got for stuff like that is that I printed out a bestiary for FFX and put check marks next to monsters as I caught them, because I sat down and spent like 4 or 5 hours capturing 5 of every monster for the ultimate weapon or whatever.

Didn't get through college, huh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

some say that theyve seen gamers using the notes section in the game manuals but, personally, Ive never seen one of them

I did when I was young with Kirby 64, because I got the game for my birthday, but I have a summer birthday and I was away from home on vacation with the family, so I read the manual cover to cover multiple times, getting more and more excited about the game. I used the note section to make Kirby doodles

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I did when I was young with Kirby 64, because I got the game for my birthday, but I have a summer birthday and I was away from home on vacation with the family, so I read the manual cover to cover multiple times, getting more and more excited about the game. I used the note section to make Kirby doodles
First you draw a circle, then you add the eyes. Add some arms and legs, and presto! It's Kirby!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A square with eyes is Rock Kirby

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

First you draw a circle, then you add the eyes. Add some arms and legs, and presto! It's Kirby!

(>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A square with eyes is Rock Kirby
Actually, Rock Kirby is a chiseled and masculine statue.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmbo

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Somewhere around here I still have the notebook me and my buddy used for answers and passwords in mario's time machine on the snes

Why actually learn history when you can use brute force.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Countblanc posted:

good poo poo.

Black Baby Goku posted:

autistic friend of the family

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I scribbled a lot of poo poo on a piece of paper to find out the minimum amount of geo symbols I would need to move on a given map in disgaea to blow up every geo panel, and end up extrapolating the general rules and they are still well burnt in my brain, it goes like this:
- you can aways blow every geo panel if you have at least the same amount of colors in geo symbols minus one (plus the null);
- you can easily blow every geo panel by just positioning every geo symbol in the geo panels with the color that don't exist in geo symbols, for example: with the geo symbols null green blue red, and the geo panels green blue red yellow you should position every geo symbol on the yellow color, being careful to leave the null apart from the others and explode the geo symbol furthest away from the null, so it will explode last. But that's not aways possible or easy so you have the general rule for minimal steps, like explained next;
- the first geo symbol (that you will explode) goes in the color that don't exist (like yellow above), the second one also goes in that color, the third goes in the color that is equal the first geo symbol, the fourth goes in the color of the second geo symbol and so on. Keeping this in mind you can easily find ways to do a geo chain that will explode every geo panel by only moving like 2 geo symbols or so.

yw

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

Earlier this month I found an old map I drew and I stared at it for a long time before figuring out what game it was, if I didn't throw it away I'll post it here and see who can guess.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

i found my gamefaqs printed out Rage list for FFVI with most of the rages checked off when i was cleaning out some old stuff recently

e: also found those long-rear end passwords for transferring data from golden sun 1 to 2, that was brutal

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i found my gamefaqs printed out Rage list for FFVI with most of the rages checked off when i was cleaning out some old stuff recently

e: also found those long-rear end passwords for transferring data from golden sun 1 to 2, that was brutal
Almost takes as long as a cave in Golden Sun.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Ralp posted:

Earlier this month I found an old map I drew and I stared at it for a long time before figuring out what game it was, if I didn't throw it away I'll post it here and see who can guess.

it's a map of peach's eyes because you keep getting lost in them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I was 10 I printed out a GameFAQs walkthrough for FFIII on our dot matrix printer. My parents were really mad at me for using so much paper and ink

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE PENETRATOR posted:

it's a map of peach's eyes because you keep getting lost in them

no!! nooooo

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well most people probably haven't played this game and even if you have idk how you would recognize it from the map. But you can ask for hints and I THINK there is even a give-away clue hidden in the image. :iiam:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ah, it's Rhino Maze.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's a hungry boar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax