Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

EXAKT Science posted:

So you must really like Comma, huh? What makes them so special?

nothing in particular, just vibing with the Adam Scott avatar for now, its a peaceful soothing visual stimulant that I'd like to see more of in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think I'm in the same boat as MMM. Exact, in that quote where you say "he", it seems like you are talking about Rarity -- but Rarity is a she.

So, were you referring to Rarity and got the genders mixed up? Or were you referring to someone else?

Yeah I was trying to tell whether EXAKT was misgendering rarity or taking a sudden swerve into saying opop was scummy for it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MC Eating Disorder posted:

nothing in particular, just vibing with the Adam Scott avatar for now, its a peaceful soothing visual stimulant that I'd like to see more of in this thread

So how are you reading him? You haven't given me a straight answer.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I really don't understand all the pushes on MCED

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

EXAKT Science posted:

So how are you reading him? You haven't given me a straight answer.

I'm reading town enough to not really matter for now

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Because of ~feelings~, in my case.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
FWIW I think Poque is scummier.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Eh I think in my limited experience I'm a reactive enough player that i'm probably always worth goading early on for responses so I'm not taking it too personally

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Five posted:

Epsilon Plus, tell me about Rarity.

Okay, give me a moment.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

There's not much on Rarity tbh but while I'm here:

Five posted:

I think this is a really weird question? That's not really an answer but its how I feel about it at the moment.

Also as to the other question ("I just think Five is spending a lot of time asking other people their opinions instead of posting theirs") The game suddenly turned from jokepost to seriouspost while I was at work way more concerned about lynch time in my other game so I am sussing things out in my own way, thank you very much.

Pretend Rarity isn't scum - Who is?

reads like you have decided Rarity is scum based on a scant handful of posts, want us to go through with some kind of Gedankenexperiment where Rarity is Scum, overly concerned with game status, and you seem to be pushing really hard to be leading town. Why is that, I wonder. Why would someone... push to lunch town... on spurious grounds... hmmm

##vote Five

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

And to clarify since someone is going to nitpick: assuming Rarity is Scum or is Town is a valid interpretation of that quote combined with my post and I'm only posting this because I can't edit my posts

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I feel like I'm losing my ability to read.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

f_v are you still around or were you just doing a drive by? I can read your posts and I enjoy doing so.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Actually I'm going to bed and will hit this game with a fresh take tomorrow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I do actually. It seems like something really stupid for you to post as scum.

:unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

What's the point of a post that only says you don't know who the scum are?

Because lurking is bad and it's better to share where your head's at, even if it's not anywhere useful

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

If I end the day voting rarity it is only because you are newer.

Explain your boat-floating thing more.

Ok I'm starting to not like Somber. It's natural to think the person defending the person you're casing is their scum buddy, we all know that, but I think Somber's been around long enough to know that's not a read you can trust, especially when the first person hasn't even flipped.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

Honestly, I'm throwing it down for pretty much the same reasons as Opop. I think the same posts he did are scummy. I know that's not really a satisfactory answer, so I'm sorry about that.

Hey Exakt, it's pretty suss that after saying "I'm not gonna be around much to post" you show up the second someone throws a vote down on you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

This is supposed to be a joke. I feel like it falls flat and feels inorganic, in a scummy way.

This is the most bizarre case I've ever seen :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok I was asked for reads on Opop and MC so here goes.

Opopanax posted:

It's this. This is a scum post.

Oh hey, Opop didn't take long. 6 whole posts! Wowza! This is the only thing that leaps out to me as scummy. Not because he's accusing me, cause he just calls it a scum post without giving a reason for his read. It's easy for scum to just accuse people, it's a lot harder for them to fake justifications. Ok, onto MC.

For that matter whats your read on me?

Well I find it really weird that you asked for a read on you with your first serious post. What were you expecting me to say? Luckily, I went to bed so you've given me loads of content now!

4th game of mafia, including the 1st game I opted out of during D2 because mafia is stressful and I'm bad at stress but I feel like I'm picking it up.

My first thought is that I believe you've played mafia outside SA, cause for someone in their 4th game you play with a lot more confidence than I would expect. Look at the lovely ANarc for example, she's been in more games but she's still not really self-assured in her play. Hang on, I'm gonna go check out your other 3 games.

Ok, I'm back! Even in your first Auspol game, you play with a familiarity to the game that just isn't how newbies play. You were scum in Periphary and played the "i'm a newbie" card whenever you came under suspicion. This whole "picking it up" thing is bullshit, so there's that.

the more I think about it honestly my ability to not get any scum vibes off Comma might entirely be the Adam Scott avatar and their willingness to buy me as jittery town but at this point I'll take it until I get any other good reads on them

This reads like backpeddling upon realising Comma hasn't really done enough to justify a strong town read. Also, you're throwing out a lot of questions. A LOT of questions.

##vote MC

Thanks for drawing my attention your way :v:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
well thanks for at least putting some effort into leaning on me although you're going to look like a dickhead later

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

There's not much on Rarity tbh but while I'm here:

reads like you have decided Rarity is scum based on a scant handful of posts, want us to go through with some kind of Gedankenexperiment where Rarity is Scum, overly concerned with game status, and you seem to be pushing really hard to be leading town. Why is that, I wonder. Why would someone... push to lunch town... on spurious grounds... hmmm

##vote Five

If I thought Rarity was scum I would be joining the bandwagon train against them - I was asking MCed to drop that from his thinking if it was there. If anything I wanted people to run a thought experiment where Rarity was town.

Happy to help

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Five posted:

If I thought Rarity was scum I would be joining the bandwagon train against them - I was asking MCed to drop that from his thinking if it was there. If anything I wanted people to run a thought experiment where Rarity was town.

Happy to help

Five, seeing as you're around what do you think of my case on MC?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

Ok I was asked for reads on Opop and MC so here goes.

Oh hey, Opop didn't take long. 6 whole posts! Wowza! This is the only thing that leaps out to me as scummy. Not because he's accusing me, cause he just calls it a scum post without giving a reason for his read. It's easy for scum to just accuse people, it's a lot harder for them to fake justifications. Ok, onto MC.

Well I find it really weird that you asked for a read on you with your first serious post. What were you expecting me to say? Luckily, I went to bed so you've given me loads of content now!

My first thought is that I believe you've played mafia outside SA, cause for someone in their 4th game you play with a lot more confidence than I would expect. Look at the lovely ANarc for example, she's been in more games but she's still not really self-assured in her play. Hang on, I'm gonna go check out your other 3 games.

Ok, I'm back! Even in your first Auspol game, you play with a familiarity to the game that just isn't how newbies play. You were scum in Periphary and played the "i'm a newbie" card whenever you came under suspicion. This whole "picking it up" thing is bullshit, so there's that.

This reads like backpeddling upon realising Comma hasn't really done enough to justify a strong town read. Also, you're throwing out a lot of questions. A LOT of questions.

##vote MC

Thanks for drawing my attention your way :v:

Although to be fair I don't like this post at all. Why do you think asking questions is bad?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

Five, seeing as you're around what do you think of my case on MC?

insomnia is fun!

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm keeping with sombrero for my vote btw just because he's really sure I'm scum for some reason and I find that kind of D1 certainty suspicious as hell

I might be asleep for a lot of fun poo poo later on but I'll try to be up nice and early to see whats happening before deadline

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Five posted:

Although to be fair I don't like this post at all. Why do you think asking questions is bad?

Asking questions is a good way for scum to fake contribution. Yeah, it's certainly something that town should be doing but only up to a point.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

Asking questions is a good way for scum to fake contribution. Yeah, it's certainly something that town should be doing but only up to a point.

Considering that half the people in the game are complaining that they haven't been able to get any reads at all and are complaining about this being "One of those games" I have to say that I don't think I could agree with you less on this.

I think your post on MC is awful - Its the new winner in the scummiest post you've made in this thread contest. Opop's vote on you actually seems justified and yet it's 'scummy' and you go out of your way to say you say that not because hes voting you. Then you redirect on MCed where I think the bulk of your case seems to be "You seem awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwfully good at this game for such a newbie.... vote".

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Five posted:

I think your post on MC is awful - Its the new winner in the scummiest post you've made in this thread contest. Opop's vote on you actually seems justified and yet it's 'scummy' and you go out of your way to say you say that not because hes voting you. Then you redirect on MCed where I think the bulk of your case seems to be "You seem awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwfully good at this game for such a newbie.... vote".

Yeah that is the bulk of my case, I think it's a legit spot and it looks like MMM's spotted it as well from his earlier comment. Were you this confident in your 4th game?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

Yeah that is the bulk of my case, I think it's a legit spot and it looks like MMM's spotted it as well from his earlier comment. Were you this confident in your 4th game?

My fourth game was years ago so I honestly do not remember.

##vote Rarity

For the reasons outlined above and because of continuing to try to follow the prophecy of your avatar.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think MMM was nearly as paranoid about my play as you were, I swear I'm not scamming you or playing some perpetual idiot card the closest thing I can think of is I played the rl version of this when I was a kid 20 years ago and you just had one cop and nothing else

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I did notice it, but I don't think it means they're some kind of mafia expert.

I think MCED is more likely to be a tryhard than a scammer. I think I played my early games fairly similarly; I've seen other new people come at the game with gusto as well.

I mean like, why even lie about it?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Fair warning, I am at work, and posting on my phone. Making megaposts on my phone kinda sucks so I will be posting short thoughts as they come to me.

Five posted:

Oh man I don't even remember that at all.

To be honest I wouldn't kick and scream being lynched Day 1, as long as I can get some people posting their opinions and stuff before they do it. One of the things I Have Learned over the intervening years (?) is that I shouldn't take things personally, especially from insane people on the internet.

This comes off as townie to me, because that is where my feelings are as vanilla town. Nothing else Five has posted leads me to believe he is scum.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Rarity posted:

First you accuse MC of being confident it heir gameplay, and even reference other games where MC was confident. But then drop a vote because MC is confident? You even refute your own case by pointing out a game where MC played up the newbie card when scum.

To me it reads that you want to vote MC, and tried to make a case to fit the vote. Except it was a terrible case.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

If I end the day voting rarity it is only because you are newer.

Explain your boat-floating thing more.

Genuine question: it appears you think both Rarity and MC could be scum. Do you think Rarity pushing a lynch of MC to be scum bussing one of their own?

I know it's possible, but it seems a little early in the game for it.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

HiipFire posted:

I saw a joke question, I gave a joke response

Hopefully HiipFire starts contributing when he gets back to the thread at some point today. Still giving joke responses after the discussion has turned serious. I am hoping he just hasn't had time to properly look at posts.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

EXAKT Science posted:

I would like ANarc to post more. I'm getting good vibes from her at the moment, but she's being super lurky (as usual! :argh:)

How do you have good vibes on her? She has one post of substance.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Jeez sorry guys I've been busy. Phone posting from work right now. I'll get on this later.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Jeez sorry guys I've been busy. Phone posting from work right now. I'll get on this later.

No, that's fine. I have more of an issue with somebody saying they have a good feeling about you than I do with your posting. But the best anybody should be able to say about you right now is that you're null as you haven't participated yet, anything else is just pandering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Five is also scum. Mced is probably town.
Opop's back, baby

• Locked thread