Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Uradd posted:

I believe that as well, can you perform a kill on the jailer if he jails you?

That is what I'd like to get a ruling on. It seems pretty silly. I think jailing would take precedence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
v:silent:v

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Figured that would be the answer. Expect No Help From the Gods.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Chaoslord claims having jailed Schwein N1. Obviously there's no help from the gods, but if we're trying to solve night actions, please consider that jailors may not be allowed to jail the same person two nights in a row.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Look Under The Rock posted:

Chaoslord claims having jailed Schwein N1. Obviously there's no help from the gods, but if we're trying to solve night actions, please consider that jailors may not be allowed to jail the same person two nights in a row.

ah. If this isn't going to be resolved through mechanics, then I would have to agree that Schwein came out of D1 and D2 looking decidedly dodgy.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

btw

Give me a list of useful things you've done and I'll apologize
I cased Conor D1, didn't vote for a townie and our decision to claim masons caused CL to claim.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Gunsmith is not on the flash thingy - what does such a person do? I also don't know what a TRAITOR does.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

VivaNova posted:

Gunsmith is not on the flash thingy - what does such a person do? I also don't know what a TRAITOR does.

My role allows me to check the ship's inventory and see who owns a gun. Per mafia wiki all scum own guns but some town may have guns as well.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Uradd posted:

Gunsmith vs Cop this time around, claimsville again.

Can you answer my question please

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Obviously nightkills have to happen last otherwise the jailor role would be useless.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Do we even know that schwein was jailed at all

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Obviously nightkills have to happen last otherwise the jailor role would be useless.
I guess the theory is it could stop other things. I do agree with you, but I dont know how much I can rely on that.

Do we even know that schwein was jailed at all
N1, yes we know he was. Last night is just his word. I think if CL had the option he would have, but LUTR brought up a good point about double jailing.

I assume you know that Uradd has a gun.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

Can you answer my question please

Id like to know what you think I did, personally. since scum opened the last day with silliness and im not entirely sure there would even be a gunsmith in this game, especially with a cop claim.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

VivaNova posted:

btw

I cased Conor D1, didn't vote for a townie and our decision to claim masons caused CL to claim.

At the point where I made that post the only thing on your list was casing Conor.

Also maybe I missed the part where your mason claim got Chaoslord to claim, I thought he did that because Conor claimed jailor?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

chaoslord posted:

Viva, can you confirm this is true?

If so, I'm pretty confident about how to proceed from here.

chaoslord posted:

if we have me, five, viva, and schwein as a core town team, with the possibility of another person I'm feeling fairly sure of, I don't think scum would be able to overcome that.

I just want your approval, LUTR!

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Uradd posted:

Id like to know what you think I did, personally. since scum opened the last day with silliness and im not entirely sure there would even be a gunsmith in this game, especially with a cop claim.

If Uradd has a gun then he's scum. I have a gun due to being a cop, but I'm pretty sure that's the only town role with a gun (correct me if I'm wrong), I doubt there's another cop beside me, ergo anyone with a gun besides is scum. Nevergirls - does Uradd have a gun?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

VivaNova posted:

I just want your approval, LUTR!

Like I said, I'm a really aggressive player.

Thanks for the quote, that's helpful.

Lynching Schwein is what I'd like to do today. I should have a decent amount of downtime tomorrow as it's a tech rehearsal, I don't want to dive before we discuss more. But Schwein's claim seems really unlikely to me.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Like I said, I'm a really aggressive player.

Thanks for the quote, that's helpful.

Lynching Schwein is what I'd like to do today. I should have a decent amount of downtime tomorrow as it's a tech rehearsal, I don't want to dive before we discuss more. But Schwein's claim seems really unlikely to me.

Why is my claim unlikely?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

schwein11 posted:

Why is my claim unlikely?

You being jailed last night doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me and ~setup speculation~

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Uradd posted:

I think you killed chaoslord with the gun that you have.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

we have a jailer
a gunsmith
two masons
possibly a cop

doubt there's another town role that has a gun.

## vote uradd

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

we have a jailer
a gunsmith
two masons
possibly a cop

## vote uradd

why would masons have guns? Unless that isn't the point you're making, I only see one town role with a gun.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

##vote Uradd

See my post re gunsmith and Nevergirls' most recent post.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

we have a jailer
a gunsmith
two masons
possibly a cop

## vote uradd

I only have one item, and its definately not a gun ##vote Nevergirls

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Conor claimed he role blocked never n1 and never agreed. He then ran into the thread and claimed never was scum, apparently thinking that would work. It doesn't seem like a bus, I think it was a genuine attempt to kill never. Plus no one has counterclaimed being rbed n1.

So if never says uradd has a gun and uradd says he doesn't im inclined to vote uradd.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Uradd posted:

Im here for the deadline, Im not 100% sold on klee tbh but hes the only viable option right now it looks like so ##vote: kleedrac putting that there and im going to read everything again

This vote put kleedrac at -1. What's the point of scum last minute voting a buddy and distancing from it? If you know someone's gonna flip scum in the next hour or so, why say this?

I don't like how little uradd has been posting and I think all the claiming has been distracting people from actually scummy behavior. Tech is today so I should have boatloads of time, I'm guessing I'll put a vote down early afternoon.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

schwein11 posted:

If Uradd has a gun then he's scum. I have a gun due to being a cop, but I'm pretty sure that's the only town role with a gun (correct me if I'm wrong), I doubt there's another cop beside me, ergo anyone with a gun besides is scum. Nevergirls - does Uradd have a gun?

PGO, although that doesn't apply here. Vigilante. JOAT.

I also wouldn't put it past Ecco to create a gun miller role in a game with a gunsmith.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Samfucius posted:

Question: would the NK happen before or after a night action? I'm assuming after.

Irrelevant never going to be answered. Why ask this?

schwein11 posted:

So I guess I better claim - I'm the cop. Was blocked both nights. Check out first letter of my posts at beginning of game for those who care about breadcrumby things. I targeted Conor night one and Nevergirls night two.

My role allows me to check the ship's inventory and see who owns a gun. Per mafia wiki all scum own guns but some town may have guns as well.
So you got blocked again last night?

So on top of the roleblocker we've lynched and the jailer that was killed we're have ANOTHER blocking role?

schwein11 posted:

##vote Uradd

See my post re gunsmith and Nevergirls' most recent post.

What is with this scummy posting?

we have a jailer
a gunsmith
two masons
possibly a cop

## vote uradd

AAHHH HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU WERE BLOCKED?

What the gently caress is going on. I want to lynch both Nevergirls and schwine here.

Uradd posted:

##Vote Nevergirls I can see CT trying a super risky claim to either Bus Nevergirls OR get them to ride all the way to town victory.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Hang on, Never didn't say they were blocked last night at all.

##unvote

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Uradd posted:

Okay, what is it?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

This vote put kleedrac at -1. What's the point of scum last minute voting a buddy and distancing from it? If you know someone's gonna flip scum in the next hour or so, why say this?

I don't like how little uradd has been posting and I think all the claiming has been distracting people from actually scummy behavior. Tech is today so I should have boatloads of time, I'm guessing I'll put a vote down early afternoon.
Lutr , you are slipping. If uradd is scum bussing was the only option at that point.

Never has said uradd has a gun and he's said he doesn't. One of them is lying. Forget how sketchy Schwein has been, it doesn't matter.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

VivaNova posted:

Lutr , you are slipping. If uradd is scum bussing was the only option at that point.

Never has said uradd has a gun and he's said he doesn't. One of them is lying. Forget how sketchy Schwein has been, it doesn't matter.

I'm not slipping, my point was that if he was scum he knew a bus was the only option and therefore there was no reason to distance from his vote. His attempt to distance ("not sold on this vote but it's the only option") reads town to me.

I need to read D1 again if it's between never and uradd but I think there's a false dichotomy here. I'd be interested to hear what "item" uradd has, plus a votecount would be nice.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I'll vote Never over uradd for the following reasons:

Uradd was the alternate lynch being pushed instead of Kleedrac. Conor was voting uradd. I don't see scum pushing a lynch on a different one of their own instead of hitting the gas on a bus.

Never has been gunning for uradd since D1.

The interaction between Conor and Never at start of D2 looks really bad in light of Conor flipping scum. Never turns her attention right back to uradd.

There's more, I'll check back in when I get home.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Uradd has been acting scummy since d1 that's why I tried checking if he has a gun in n1 and got blocked. On n2 I SUCCEEDED and he does have a gun. He can be scum or town with a gun but he says he doesn't have a gun at all. Unless there's a thing that redirects my investigation to something then one of us is lying (it's him)

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

LordVorbis posted:

Okay, what is it?

I have a skeleton key, it allows me to check to see if someone has moved at night.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Checked votecount. Money, mouth. ##vote: NevergirlsOFFICIAL

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Uradd posted:

I have a skeleton key, it allows me to check to see if someone has moved at night.

Okay, what have you done with it? This isn't the time to be coy.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

LordVorbis posted:

Okay, what have you done with it? This isn't the time to be coy.

Night 1 I checked on Schweine, and he hadnt. Last night I checked Never and they had moved.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

I'll vote Never over uradd for the following reasons:

Uradd was the alternate lynch being pushed instead of Kleedrac. Conor was voting uradd. I don't see scum pushing a lynch on a different one of their own instead of hitting the gas on a bus.
scum. Never turns her attention right back to uradd.

This sums it up for me pretty well. I've voted Nevergirls twice now, and I still see it. Maybe he was legitimately busy but he still showed up shortly after I started pushing the lurker lynch and agreed with me on the concept, and now that just looks like deflection.

##vote NevergirlsOFFICIAL

quote:

There's more, I'll check back in when I get home.

I am curious as to what this is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Uradd posted:

Night 1 I checked on Schweine, and he hadnt. Last night I checked Never and they had moved.

This fits fortunately with what we already know as open knowledge.

I'd really like Nevergirls to show up and fight this case some more, but I guess at this point it's really simple. Either Uradd or Nevergirls is lieing about night actions. Some game setup meta, a jailer AND a watcher seems highly unlikely. Swine states he is a cop with a gun, and as such would explain a guncop role, because they would show Swine is gun having, and as such possible scum.

##Vote Uradd I don' t think ConorT was trying for an epic bus and instead decided to run with blocking someone and get a townie lynched with little threat.

• Locked thread