Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I don't think any of them are featured in GGG ones. Turn A's only in the Z series and Alpha Gaiden, Brain Powerd's just in Alpha 2 and J, and Xabungle in Alpha Gaiden and the Z series. GGG is just in Alpha 3 and W if memory serves.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's in Alpha 2, so it has Brain Powerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I managed to pick up Brain Powerd a few years ago for 25 bucks, been meaning to watch it for the longest time. Maybe I'll do a Simulwatch if Shrimpy doesn't pick it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

A dentist, I think, but yeah.

Orthopedic surgeon. Some guy's getting his legs worked on by Domon. "You may have those silver legs, but I have these gold FINGERS!"

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

At the same time, Brain Powerd has the best remixes.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Tomino has a strange sort of patter to some of his shows. Reconguista's a little like this, it's the sort of thing that makes you can really appreciate if you rewatch it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

glomkettle posted:

That's 100% of why I watched King Gainer in the first place. It's kind of the best. The show's pretty good too.

Main reason it and Brain Powerd were even noticed for me. I love me some robots but hearing the kickass songs in Super Robot Wars J and Z2 got me good and interested.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fine, something dumb to impress someone you're attracted to. People do dumb things to impress people they're attracted to in the hope that it makes them look impressive. Hell, people at almost any age are pretty dumb in the presence of their own libido, but especially teens because they're still getting used to their libido existing in the first place.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Clawshrimpy posted:

But we can't so easily write off the life of the one person this scenario is asking you to murder in cold blood to save 4-5 other people.

So you write off all 5-6 of them?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Clawshrimpy posted:

But see this whole thing is a catch-22.

First you guys got angry for trying to come up with a 3rd option that saves everyone.

Then you get angry by saying I'd rather save 1 person through inaction because I feel saving 4-5 peope through action is not worth the action of comitting murder.

But what would've been the outcome if I just say the same thing everyone else would've said, to do what's expected and take action.

You would've used it as a point to invalidate everything I've said about Gain.

But you're missing the point, in this hypothetical situation, the dilemma won't be solved because you turn to the guy and say "Nope, not gonna do it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hikarusa posted:

I think most of this conversation, and the people participating it, are stupid, and they apparently can't get their poo poo straight with regards to the original question (apparently half the thread thinks that the one person is going to die no matter what or something? I'm not really entirely sure because it's kind of a stupid clusterfuck), but I do think that there is a point to make here:

The idea that inaction and allowing bad things to happen is better than acting and making a mistake is some of the same logic used by anti-vaxxers. A lot of them actually think that not getting their child vaccinated and then their child dying of some horrible disease is better than actively vaccinating them, which they think might lead to autism. It's based solely on the fact of their inaction being better than action, despite the fact that, even if it was true that vaccinations caused autism, it would still be far preferable for a child to get autism than die from some horrible disease. They think that it's acceptable to risk their child dying horribly because they consider it an inaction.

I bring this up largely because you, like literally everyone else, appear to make your decisions based on your personal biases, and I think that understanding the similarity of your logic to the logic of people like anti-vaxxers might be helpful.

I honestly thought we were doing the whole "choose to let 1 person die and save 5 or save 1 and let 5 die," so who the hell knows what I'm thinking or doing, apologies if I've been harsh, Shrimpy.

• Locked thread