Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

I really can't think of a stupider bump than a splash from the ringpost to the floor.

Well maybe a diving headbutt to the floor, but that's almost the same bump.

It's smart because he does it every match and built up an immunity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hard to believe we are 24 hours away from POLICE MAN putting his hair on the line.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We're watching Dandy vs Satanico from 10/26/90 as the preshow.

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
No Police Man tonight? gently caress CMLL!

¡ ESPECTACULAR CARTEL PARA LA MEJOR AFICIÓN !
¡ SENSACIONAL DUELO ESTELAR !
CARÍSTICO, VOLADOR JR.® Y ATLANTIS
vs
ÚLTIMO GUERRERO, NEGRO CASAS Y LA MÁSSCARA
¡ ESPECTACULAR SEMIFINAL !
ÁNGEL DE ORO®, JOHNNY IDOL Y TITÁN
vs
MR. NIEBLA®, CAVERNARIO Y EL FELINO
EVENTO ESPECIAL
SOBERANO, ESFINGE Y FUEGO
vs
VIRUS, RAZIEL Y CANCERBERO
SEGUNDA LUCHA
PRINCESA SUGEHIT, SANELY Y LA JAROCHITA
vs
ZEUXIS, AMAPOLA Y TIFFANY
PRIMERA LUCHA
LESTAT, ZAETA ROJA Y PARIS
vs
EL MALAYO, SOMBRA DIABOLIKA Y GUERRERO ESPACIAL

I'll be showing it regardless http://www.psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling coverage starts at 9:30 PM.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/857347481989808128

I can almost guarantee I will be streaming this on Sunday. Thank you THAT loving BIRD!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Last year's show on Children's Day did 4,000 fans.

This year's did at least 10,000 and the crowd shots made it look like 15,000+.

The mascots are a draw.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Last year's show on Children's Day did 4,000 fans.

This year's did at least 10,000 and the crowd shots made it look like 15,000+.

The mascots are a draw.

Dave says it was a sellout (17,000) and I believe him. CMLL promotion of the year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gran Apache died. Lot of lucha deaths this spring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Brazos destroyed Ultimo Guerrero's Mustang.

It's also probably a shoot. Lucha is amazing.

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll kind of miss Maximo Sexy but you pretty much have to fire these guys for that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Unless the criminal charges actually threaten his ability to wrestle I don't see them cancelling that match for this.

It's way more likely Wagner finds a way to pull out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

This is definitely both An Ultimo Guerrero Singles Match and A 2017 L.A. Park Match so I won't really say "go out of your way to see it" but I still had a good time watching it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHvk5Ycne94

LA Park had the best match I constantly forget about with Rush so I imagine this is great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

Yeah I mean I have a couple of cubsfan-great matches from the past two weeks in my queue (Hamada/Taya, Cometa/Cavernario) but I am a Park fan first and foremost so I watched this first instead

The poo poo they bust out in this match is mind blowing, especially for Park since he's the size of LA.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Is it basically a brawl with some lucha spots mixed in? I loved Parks "match" with Rush.

It's much more of a high flying technical match than you'd expect. Super passionate announcing too so it's easier to follow. Definitely a good match for people who don't watch a lot of lucha.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

Okay I lied, I had one more bookmark I forgot about and it was a barnburner. I'm gonna put it up as an Honorable Mention in the rec thread:
Zack Sabre Jr. vs Negro Navarro, Chairo 10 - MDA 2 (4/28/17)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDXmDP4aHpM

Negro Navarro is 59 years old, this is all lucha mat work, everything is perfect, I love it

I've been meaning to see that. Now I need to track down Ultimo Dragon vs Ultimo Guerrero even though I know it won't be as good as I want it to be.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Older guys like Atlantis have value too, and the Dragon Lee types with exposure in NJPW as well. Rush has to turn down all sorts of bookings to make sure he has time fight LA Park on a moment's notice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He was back last night though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Atlantis out 4 months following knee surgery

I can now live the lie that Rush vs Atlantis was going to main event the Anniversary show and we were robbed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

Based on Poster Mania, I don't think Park is booked anywhere this weekend. BUT Tortas Super Astro has Parks vs. Dragon Lee and Rush on 7/29.

Dicks out gentlemen

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm highly skeptical of the idea that AAA ran a show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ghidzilla posted:

I have a feeling this is going to seriously gently caress over Lucha Underground.

Well they deserve it since their ownership and creative staff are the ones who did this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

Is Rey Mysterio Jr. the only prominent luchadore to have lost their mask outside of Mexico?

I was tossing the idea around with someone of putting up money to have the Rush/Park mask match in the US, but I'm not sure if they would go for it

Psychosis, Juvi, although the former lost it both places.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

EMW says Mundo is still scheduled for Friday's AAA show, main event him defending the 3 singles titles against Texano and Fantasma. Only way I see him walking in and out with the belts is if he's cool enough with the situation that he's willing to stick around till Triplemania and drop there

If he has any sense about him he'll keep saying he's going to show up until he no shows.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MagicCube posted:

To those who watch regularly, which of these looks like the better card:

CMLL (FRI) 08/18/2017 Arena México
1) Astral & Robin vs Cholo & Espíritu Negro
2) Esfinge, Fuego, Stigma vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Universo 2000 Jr.
3) Marcela, Princesa Sugehit, Sanely vs La Metálica, Tiffany, Zeuxis
4) Stuka Jr. vs Dragón Rojo Jr. [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. vs Ephesto, Gran Guerrero, Mephisto
6) Diamante Azul, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Juice Robinson, Marco Corleone, Matt Taven

or

CMLL (SUN) 08/20/2017 Arena México
1) Fantasy & Último Dragóncito vs Pequeño Olímpico & Pequeño Violencia
2) Pegasso, Star Jr., Starman vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hijo del Signo, Sangre Azteca
3) Ángel de Oro, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. vs Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón
4) Dragón Lee, Juice Robinson, Rush vs Pólvora, Terrible, Vangellys
5) Diamante Azul, Matt Taven, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Mephisto, Negro Casas

I'd like go to both ideally, but if I had to choose one to see live which would it be?

First one is a better show but the Sunday show is almost guaranteed to have Dragon Lee and Juice playing rudo which could be great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

Konnan's steady joke re: Park's face is that his wife should be arrested for bestiality, so I'm guessing he hasn't aged well over the 27 years since then.

He's very ugly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm too tired to stay up for the rest of the news but I think Rush is going independent?

I'll allow myself to believe giving us what we want means Rush vs LA Park soon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I feel like we get something like this every couple years.

Someone will be blackballed next month to make up for it. Maybe Octagon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Wagner is the most interesting man in the world. I want to be him

No LA Park is, he retweets better memes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

Watched the top two matches from the 8/6 Revolucha Crash show in Arena Coliseo in Monterrey, or rather what there was:

Sammy Guevara vs. Ultimo Ninja vs. The King Fenix vs. Rey Horus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4iQkSkYI_E
A 7-minute highlight of an all spots match with any non-spot content clipped out. Tremendous.

Daga vs. Garza Jr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gEGs1kUTPg
Fantastic pro wrestling theater. Garza's a really good heel.

thecubsfan's alignment notes for La Rebelion:

Reminder that La Rebelion formed in January, and they're already in the Wolfpac phase.

Good to see Konnan's booking never changes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/926678732051320832

RUSH invited Volador to join Los Ingobernables at the end of tonights show when Volador yanked off Mistico's mask

also they gave RUSH command of all the skeletons tonight

so the show ends with him kicking Gran Guerrero in the balls and then having Los Guerreros and maskless Mistico dragged to hell

More evidence CMLL is a shoot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

I cannot believe that I might get to meet Park, Wagner, and Keyra in the same day, in less than a month from now
https://twitter.com/wuwworldwide/status/929488076631691265

I can't believe I might get to meet The Crow.

"Sir, Laser Mission changed my life."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Steel Cage Ladder Match

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/945753002454876161

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's sad the IWRG isn't on an earlier day or we could watch that on Monday when Puebla is again pre-empted.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Reminder this will probably be on Claro this evening

6PM Eastern

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Can someone do a basic post on how to watch Lucha (like is there a RH for Lucha) and what groups there are that aren’t CMLL, which you can watch on Fite and NJPW (which you need a VPN for) and AAA?

Lucha is really easy to watch. CMLL airs the Monday show from Puebla on youtube at 10 PM Eastern. I also restream that on PSP-TV. Tuesday from Arena Mexico is also on youtube but the Tuesday shows are very skippable. The big show of the week is on Friday, you can watch it on Claro's website or the Marca Claro facebook at 9:30 PM Eastern. The Facebook stream is better quality and has emojis, it is far superior. Their two biggest shows of the year in March and September have been iPPVs the last couple years but whether that continues is hard to say, CMLL is very random.

AAA doesn't exist.

Most of the smaller groups there's IWRG which ends up on youtube pretty quickly, Lucha Memes which puts on some good shows, The Crash which just kicked Konnan out, and really a ton of groups. It's hard to keep track.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 17, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mob posted:

I love the CMLL Nitro Girls

EDECANES!!!!

Boco_T posted:

If there’s one thing wrestling needs more of it’s objectification of women

The Puebla edecanes are smart, sexy and powerful.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

I wish there was footage of Konnan in his heyday when he was the "Hulk Hogan of Mexico"

Mostly because I find it really hard to believe.

There's plenty on youtube.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

Dave gave Konnan vs Cien Caras vs Jake Roberts, a 4 minute match, 4.5 stars in 1993 because he was there live in LA and the crowd was insane

I enjoyed how most of the time he grudgingly gives them *** saying the match was horrible but the heat was insane. So funny to think that this was the start of AAA's 20 year effort to get into the US which concluded with... Lucha Underground.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

Why was Konan so popular?

Steroids and lots of charisma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is a very real chance Diamante Azul and Pierroth win this and I am so in.