Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I'm interested in picking up a PS4 for Bloodborne and some other titles (Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc.). But the crown jewel is definitely Bloodborne. Is the PS4 Pro actually worth the extra money? I'm not honestly strapped for cash to the point that the extra money would be crushing, but I don't see myself getting a 4K TV/monitor anytime soon and PSVR doesn't really appeal to me. Mostly just interested if the impact in performance makes a significant enough difference that it warrants spending the extra money because I'm just remembering back to the shitshow that Blightown was when I played Dark Souls on PS3 and trying to avoid that because I hear Bloodborne gets pretty framey in places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

RyokoTK posted:

Take a break, come back tomorrow. You'll get him first try.

I usually scoff at "home remedy"-style advice like this, but this has been the case for me with the Blood-starved Beast and the electric-dog-skeleton-thing already, so I'm going to second the motion to sleep on it.

Edit: basically, your subconscious brain was evolutionarily designed to beat SoulsBorne games.

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 17, 2017

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Once you put a gem into a weapon, are you able to take it out?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

So did I somehow gently caress up the questline for Eileen the Crow? Like... I haven't even done much yet! I restarted the game because I think I wasted a ton of points on my first run, so I've only offed Glasgoin and the Blood-starved Beast. I met her at the first location near the rafters, but for the life of me I cannot find her at either of her Cathedral Ward locations. I don't think anything could have just happened by and murdered her, and I deffo didn't kill her because I made a promise to Mormon Jesus that I'd stop as long as he made the mole on my boss's neck turn out to be malignant, and I'm not the kind of guy who goes around breaking promises to dudes that go around giving people melanoma with their hosed up Native American shaman magic.

Is there something really silly, obvious, or purposely obtuse about finding her that I'm totally missing? Because until I find her, I'm going to assume that she wound up dead because I did something stupid.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Try going back to the area where you killed *cough* Glasgoin

Oh no way dude seriously is that all? If that's seriously all I needed to do I'm going to feel like such a stupid rear end in a top hat. I've been going super loving slow combing through every single area, stopping just short of the boss door for fear of locking myself out of progressing the questline.

For real, thank you. I'll check it out tomorrow after work, so if you hear a loud slapping sound around 4PM, that was my forehead and it worked.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Time_pants posted:

I'll check it out tomorrow after work, so if you hear a loud slapping sound around 4PM, that was my forehead and it worked.

If you were confused by hearing two slapping sounds, the first was finding her at the lantern after all this time .

The second was when I got my rear end kicked terribly and she died like hella hard.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Does adding additional rites to Chalice Dungeons affect the amount of Blood Echoes earned for defeating enemies or is the drop rate of gems and the like the only thing affected?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Is it just me, or is the Fextralife page for Bloodborne like... sort of bad? I mean, there's enough information there that most of the time it's at least good enough, but compared to how distressingly thorough the Dark Souls wikis tended to be, I guess I'm just a bit surprised. Is there another wiki out there with a bigger community, or is it just the fact that, being a PS4 exclusive, there's just not as many people contributing? Maybe I'm just a spoiled baby bitch, though.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Hey. By any chance would anyone be interested in helping me with the Lower Pthumeru Chalice? I just don't seem to have enough hurting power to deal with them in anything close to a reasonable amount of time. The rest of the dungeon was fine, but kiting those fuckers for like 10 minutes is going to sap my will to live.

Edit: my PSN ID is Time_pants

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 21, 2017

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

CordlessPen posted:

I'd gladly do it, but I'm not sure which Chalice is which anymore. Is lower Pthumeru possible if I'm around level 80? It's the only character I have at the moment. I'm running around in Ailing Loran (depth 4, I think?) and while I managed to reach the 2nd layer, it took a lot of wailing on the Beast-possessed Soul. I don't think I'd be very helpful if Lower Pthumeru is the same depth.

Add ConfusedPen on PSN if you want.

Sent you a friend request. I'm pretty sure that this one is depth 3.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Digirat posted:

Are you just trying to reach depth 4 for the beast claws or a particular lost/uncanny weapon from depth 4? Unless you are, I would just put the dungeons on hold until you level your character and weapons more, because there's nothing else worthwhile until you can get to depth 5 root dungeons where the good stuff is--and if you're having trouble with depth 3, you're not gonna have a better time on depth 5, particularly because the premade pthumeru depth 4 dungeon has curse applied to it.

Where are you as far as non-dungeon progress?

Was deffo going for those phat-rear end Beast Claws. I've taken down everything up to Amelia and then deviated slightly from the path to take out the Witch of Hemwick and Darkbeast Paarl,

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Huh. Wasn't able to make contact with ConfusedPen. If anyone else would be willing to help me try and get through Lower Pthumeru Chalice, I'd really appreciate the help!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

That is every Bloodborne bad dream I've had mixed together(I love Bloodborne, but it's given me some funky dreams, it and Killing Floor 2)

Dude, you are not loving joking about this game doin' butt stuff to your subconscious. I have never had so many weird dreams in such quick succession as when I first picked up Bloodborne. I only just completed Forbidden Woods, and, from what I've heard, it only gets weirder from here.

...I might be sleeping on the couch until I finally finish this one out.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Good sweet Christ. I've been trying to take Rom down for an hour-and-a-half now with absolutely no luck. Been smashing my head against a wall but can't seem to get any further than the very start of phase 3. Would anyone be kind enough to help me with this boss?

PSN: Time_pants

EDIT: I guess you could say that spider... will never be the head of a major corporation!

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 27, 2017

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Story Rom or Chalice Rom?

It was story Rom. Now it's smoldering crater in the ground Rom. The calvary arrived and its name was Rayjenkins!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

How exactly would one go about making a Skill/Bloodtinge build? Like, what sort of stat array would you be looking to hit around level 100-120?

Also, what would your early game goals for weapons/equipment/runes/Hunter Tools (???) be because it seems like you'd never have access to enough ammo to be able to consistently rely on your firearms.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Thanks for the feedback! My friend is going to be picking up BB soon and I'm going to be starting a new character so we can play through and co-op together and wanted to try something different from the quality build I'm currently using.

Is Arcane actually that good?? For some reason, I was under the impression that it was lacking compared to other types of builds. Which reminds me: does the Choir Bell Hunter Tool only heal your co-op partner, or does it also do a self-heal? The comments section of Fextralife contradicts the article. I'm just looking for a build that would complement a quality build in co-op.

Darth Walrus posted:

It's certainly good if you want respectable, cheap ranged damage without relying on BMA. Won't beat the hideous poo poo a STR/ARC character with the Holy Moonlight Sword can dish out, but it'll at least put you in the same playing field - and it's easier to use, too, thanks to its superior range.

Huh. I actually never thought about the Holy Moonlight Greatsword. That weapon looks fukken ballersauce. This game spoils the player for choice when it comes to armaments.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

I genuinely regret picking the Hunter Axe as my starter weapon. It's so loving good that it makes it hard to use other weapons instead when trying to progress.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Coughing Hobo posted:

The axe is boring as poo poo and all you mongoloids need to experience some class in your miserable lives. The threaded cane is the answer.

u rite

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

Using spin to win with the hunter axe was my first step on the road to actually being good at this game.

If that's true, I am the best Bloodborne player who ever lived.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Is co-op basically dead? I can't seem to get anyone to either join my game or be summoned into other players' games.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Hooooolllllllllllllly poo poo the Undead Giant (club, sickle, and 2Chainz) is sucking my will to live. How in God's name do you deal with this motherfucker? His second phase basically makes him radiate damage. Every time I slip in for an attack, he blows me away with an attack that does like 98% of my health.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Funny you should mention that, because my new super-fast Internet just let me upload a couple of videos. The Chikage is a mid-range, mid-speed weapon, so the tactics I use in the second vid should work for just about everything. They're weak to Bolt damage, so the Tonitrus is a risky but powerful option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P8HSxvwSkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84voDPPaf30

That actually really helps. Looks like like it's a lot of hit-and-run and a lot more patience. Let me give this another shot.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Just took another run at the Undead Giant after watching that video. It took me a few more Blood Vials than it took you, but I took it down on the first attempt! Thanks for the video, dude. That's exactly what I needed.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

What is a good weapon to complement the Holy Moonlight Sword? Currently, I have Strength, Skill, and Arcane at 25. I was planning on taking Strength to 50, but I'm flexible. I've been using the Hunter Axe and Ludwig's Holy Sword, but I'm wanting to branch out a bit.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Tonitrus. Most enemies with significant Arcane resistance are Kin, and the untransformed HMS is good against the three outliers, Logarius, Ludwig, and the Orphan.

Cool! If I go with the Tonitrus, is it still advisable to pump Strength to 50?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Sick. Nasty.

You're a hell of a salesman, because I wasn't even considering it before, but now it looks like it just might be my new favorite backup weapon!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Experimenting with Bloodborne's arsenal has been a real treat thus far (although it does make me wish there were a way to respec). What is everyone's favorite weapon in terms of sheer fun-factor? I am a total sucker for dual-wielding paired weapons, and the Blade of Mercy does not disappoint. I love being able to rush into a fight, reel off a quick combo, and politely excuse myself from the exchange with an L2, denying my victim the chance to retort.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

What enchantment level should I be around when I fight The One Reborn? I'm at a +6 on all my weapons at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

What enhancement level should my weapons be after completing The One Reborn? I'm at +6 on everything I use. I'm also at BL 80. Am I appropriately equipped for the road ahead?

My best gems are +18% physical and a couple of +12.1%. Is it worth taking a break from the story to scour the Chalice Dungeons for better gems?

• Locked thread