Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
I'm eager to hear what criticism people have with this game, as I thought it was pretty great. I didn't even realize Enzo had a different voice actor from the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.

yoshesque posted:

I haven't really thought too much about how I'm going to present the multiplayer mode. I had vague aspirations to show off all the stages on all difficulties but that seems needlessly complicated and most people wouldn't care for it anyway. I've got vague plans in the back of my mind but I won't be doing anything with it until the end of the LP anyway, so I've got some time to mull over it.

And for those of you who are wondering why I would rate this game lower than the first, it essentially boils down to an imbalance in the combat system due to the way the developers had to alter the system to accommodate Umbran Climax. Umbran Climax is so OP that there's no reason to save your magic for anything else because it is the best use of your magic almost 100% of the time. Torture Attacks require the same amount of magic to use, but only target one enemy, while UC gives you range and can hit multiple enemies.

This game has ridiculously strict platinum time requirements that I suspect are based on using UC in order to meet them, and barring a few verses, you will never get a platinum for time if you use a Torture Attack. Due to the time requirements, there's little to no chances to gently caress around/style/juggle enemies. The game just becomes a grind of "kill everything ASAP".

There's much more to my issues with the game than just UC, and I expect I'll be covering all my grievances in a separate video, but that's basically what it boils down to.

That's a fair gripe. I gave up on chasing after pure platinum because I found it tough making the time limit most of the time, and it wasn't much fun finding ways to shave seconds off long verses.

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.

Suaimhneas posted:

Well this is set just before Christmas, I can easily imagine the crowds being sufficiently rowdy to trigger Witch Time near-constantly

That would have made for a fun bonus stage. Just cartwheeling around trying to pick up the best bargains and slapping other shoppers who try to take what you want.

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.

Noper Q posted:

I know, I know. It sounds crazy, but hear me out. What if, instead of doing something you hate, you just have fun playing the game?

The way I see it, some people enjoy the challenge and mechanics presented in the original. I find the sequel perfectly fine, but I can understand that people who dove deeper into the first one were disappointed with what were removed. I think it's pretty informative to see that side of the argument, and the fact Yoshesque is showing that she can play the game at a very high skill level while pointing out the adjustments made makes it a much stronger case in my view.

• Locked thread