Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I would like to play in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Poison Mushroom

Awful quiet! I bet her comment about not getting a PM was because she didn't get her Vanilla Scum PM!

PM's PM! :tinfoil:

##vote Poison Mushroom

Old school rules: vote claimed scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I only noticed the game started when I went back to the bookmarks. I am clearly town because of this fact.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Poison Mushroom

Awful quiet! I bet her comment about not getting a PM was because she didn't get her Vanilla Scum PM!

PM's PM! :tinfoil:

Seriously, look at this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

gently caress meta, you don't get to call yourself scum and live.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello, everyone should be voting PM for claiming scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

That's dumb. That's really dumb.

This is an all vanilla game. We must do better than this. We must be stronger. We must catch scum with their pants down as I have rather than try to pull the pants off of a joke post.

Back in my day, you didn't get away with calling yourself scum, even in joke vote phase.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I believe you played after me or something idk. I remember you from 2012 I think

I've been around since 2007, on and off.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So max, ignoring the leper colony jokepost for a moment, Opop thoughts?

I actually think that was a good catch.

Also, I'm at a conference today, so limited phone posting until evening. Forgive brevity for now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Did you have a bunny av in the past?

No, it was an ugly pimply guy, a knot of eternity, and this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Opopanax posted:

I just wanted to do a JFK voice and saw this as the best opportunity. But if it means Diqnol has to be nice fore the rest of the game I will self vote

Also, JFK was long since dead by the time this would take place.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yes, Max, I am actually claiming scum. It was most certainly not just me being a turd during vanilla jokephase because it's funny. :v:

Actually, what I wanted to do was get myself turbo'd, then when I die and flip town, just have my will say "lol", but then I realized that I don't get a will until N1. So I'm kinda really glad it didn't take off, I would have felt dumb.

You don't understand. I'm used to always taking people out, even if it's a joke, when they say anything resembling "I am scum" which you did. You can say you're joking, but that's moot. The words were still said.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's actually worked pretty well for me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well, don't come crying to me when PM comes up scum later.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd vote for either. It's just that I made this train, and well, I'd like to give preference to the train I rode in on.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do people really not policy lynch players that claim scum (even jokingly?) That used to be like, an unwritten rule.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going to go back and re-read the thread. This game started when I was busy helping my fiance get ready for a trip yesterday, and I've been at a conference all day today, and have been relying on the awful app to read this and another game. That thing isn't super conducive to getting a good overview for me in these games.

I don't know why anyone would call me confirmed town, honestly. That's a bad call to make so early in the game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VivaNova posted:

You mean this?

I don't think he deserves to be confirmed town for that post, since bowmore said itt vt weren't getting them.

Imagine me saying that in a stupid jokey voice. No one should think I'm town because of that post.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm talking '07, 08. I had a game where I jokingly called someone scum, and they just went "haha, yup, you got me." Rest of town voted him and he ended up being scum. It was that guy that had the ugly mario avatar for a while.

Anyway, I distinctly remember this being a thing for a while, but I guess it's faded away.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VivaNova posted:

Right, that was my read. At least three of us are on the same page.

haha, little mac? That's great.

Was it little mac? I don't know, I just know it was that realistic fat mario cartoon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

conference...
conducive...

ooh talk dirty to me what's the conference about?

E-learning, essentially. It was kinda too much about online courses and less about hybrid classes, which I'm actually interested in. But whatever, I got free lunch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

you did call into a session a conference involving my face and my palm with special guests the table and the keyboard to also have my face on with this post, though.

wah?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

fyi I'd like if people didn't kill pop before tomorrow night when I have a chance to actually try to play this game and try to nail all the scum d1 in a list post

I might get fuckeddd upppp though so maybe it'll be a bit conspiracy theorist-y

Look man, I don't even know why you're doing this mafia thing to yourself. I was a complete incomprehensible mess before my defense and subsequent acceptance of my thesis, and was only eventually soothed by multiple hot dogs and a Cubs game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

what are you trying to say eh?

what kind of scholar are you

When I got my first job after school, I made like, 6 times what I made as a grad student and I didn't know what to do with myself.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

what are you trying to say eh?

what kind of scholar are you

I knew I was done with my thesis when I looked it over and felt nothing inside.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rarity posted:

Ok, realtalk this is a bad post. WM flakes out on his vote at the first sign of weakness in his case. He's more worried about what other people will think of him than what he thinks about FV.

##vote WM

Hi, I agree with Rarity on this. It was bugging me as I went through the day again.

##vote WM

Max
Nov 30, 2002

wall monitor posted:

That's my bad, I tend to procrastinate when people point FOS at me, since I get easily discouraged and such. It's a bad habit I probably should try to deal with.

Lemme see what I can do today. If I accomplish nothing else then at least you'll have my opinions available after you miscuddle me.

A) Why do people call it cuddle now?

B) I've never heard of a player procrastinating when they get a FOS on them, unless they are attempting to hide in the background and hope a more suspicious person comes forward, which is a scummy play more than it is a town play.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think you're leaping onto something easily misinterpreted/smelling blood in the water.

I disagree with this because Rarity was the one to put the blood in the water, and WM's posts keep pinging my "this is scummy" radar.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, nothing you can put your finger on, it just, you know, smells.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The difference is you had to manufacture the read on WN while I simply caught Opop in a contradiction out of the gate. Apples and basketballs, Rarity. Apples and basketballs.

I really wouldn't call it manufactured.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam just ostensibly finished their dissertation. Having gone through that myself, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I've been making bad decisions as town recently and I know I'm going to really seriously gently caress myself by saying this if Opop ends up being scum, but I feel like Opop isn't scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Could you elaborate? Even without the "scumslip" can you point to something that makes you feel townie about him?

Again, there isn't really anything in particular, I just see every one of his jokes as some form of sarcastic and disengaged, which may be due to people latching on early and dogging him about it from the get-go. Just not feeling it.

I guess I've kinda hosed myself either way by saying that though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Honestly, I would have replaced out if I saw I was scum and still had to do the work you did.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Opop hasn't said "hi I'm scum." There's a difference.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, it is close, but that read had to be forced as well by someone coming in and saying "gotcha." PMush just walked into the thread and made a "I am scum" joke, which is a different beast in my mind.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VivaNova posted:

W4: This is the biggest thing to me. It looks like he's trying to say 'Look I have an original thought about why Opop (obvious alternative lynch) might be bad!' But idgi, said so and he didn't explain. I think he's just writing it so he can come back later and vote Opop and look legit.

So.
Opop is leading us nowhere. WM is leading us in circles.
Opop leaves me disappointed and WM leaves me baffled.

This seems most damning.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello,

It's been a long work day and I am going to a bar. I'll be on the phone and then home before deadline. I would rather vote WM over Opop.

I'm going to drink hard cider, if you're interested.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Angry Orchard, it turns out

DuckHuntDog posted:

I don't have a strong read yet, it is still D1. Of those three I would pick Max over WM just because I don't really get what WM is doing. My gut pick is Hal but I don't have a case yet.

You don't get what WM is doing so you'd pick me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

DuckHuntDog posted:

Yes? Being baffling isn't really an alignment tell in my experience, but the passive defense you have put on Opop is if he flips scum.

That's all? I really don't think there's enough to go after him, especially over WM.

• Locked thread