Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddain
May 6, 2007
Man these new areas are really drat nice. That mushroom place that's basically the remnants of North Myre reminds me of The Last of Us since all the enemies there have been infected by spores and turned into mushrooms. And there's a goddamn easy access shop/repair/disassembler right by the dungeon entrances!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Wolpertinger posted:

Is the game down for maintenence or something? Grayed out play button, was hoping to play after the rollover.

Maintenance to fix the West servers, ETA is another 90 minutes or so.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I don't mind xxxxx so much as long as there's other stuff to throw in, maybe I'll give M Ele a try first.

Really I just want the class with the flashiest, brightest and most satisfying attacks v:shobon:v

You start spamming actual spells after lvl 40 or so. Before that mashing xxx with Light element attacks will get you through pretty much everything.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Gorelab posted:

With monks and ducking rush, is there any decent way to like, make a thing so you do your attacks from it instantly? Though maybe my trouble with it would be less if I was using a controller .

I used to play Monk on a gamepad using xpadder, and basically I set a button dedicated to Ducking Dash. Once I hit the button I immediately hold the direction I need and my attack button (which is set to maximum autofire). That should give you a near instant attack without moving you too far.

Fun fact: with enough attack speed and autofire, you can grab someone with Smasher, hold down attack and your punches come out so fast that they connect on the enemy as they're still in the thrown animation, letting you continue your combo on them.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Next penalty should be a tabasco covered lemon.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
If I heard it right they're playing for salary vs new character.

NEW CHARACTER IN NEXT PATCH

Now they're playing for free Cera (the cash shop currency) for all DFO players once the Cash Shop opens.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 1, 2015

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I don't think the CEO is gonna survive these games. :ohdear:

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I haven't played a Spitfire since the very first open beta under Nexon (and later with the first introduction of female gunners). I just made one tonight and man, they're so much better than before. Now you actually get a decent amount of bullets to work with and I've managed to actually save some bullets for a second or even third room sometimes. And you get multiple casts of Flash Mine now, and those weapon passives, jesus. Muskets used to be so lovely but now they're amazing with Spitfires.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
They ran some sort of contest on Facebook to share their Youtube channel 1,000 times. It's currently at 1,114 shares, so we should be getting 2x EXP Burning Event this weekend (Saturday and Sunday).

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So far it looks like the game is running smoothly, so hopefully there won't be any downtime between OBT1 and OBT2, unless that next major patch is ready and we get FEMALE SLAYER or KNIGHT.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I've noticed that equipment pots don't really drop anymore. Do they only appear after a certain level or are they just only purchasable from Danjin now?

Also, what are the more useful APCs you can craft as an Animator? Either for being good meatshields, DPS, or really good skills?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Do higher level personal profession extractors give you more materials or higher level materials?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Spitfire really starts to shine once you have all your elemental grenades and bullets. I love how freeze forces the enemy to stand, letting you continue your combo. Rotating between electrocution grenades, freeze bullets, and freeze grenades for guaranteed combo reset lets you lock down bosses entirely.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

MotU posted:

A friend and I are duoing a male and female spitfire and it is fun + hilarious how things just get locked down and never recover

I usually solo, and I've started just rushing the boss with Punisher+Freeze Bullets into Electro Grenades and then rotating between that and Freeze Grenades. Bosses die before the rest of the room even hits me.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Did they change Spitfire's C4 skill from a long time ago? I remember it being a single block you could stick onto enemies, now it's 5 mini-bombs that debuff enemies as well? Do the debuffs stack or does it cap at one bomb's effects?

Also what are these legendary items I see in the AH/global chat? They don't look like epics since they're sealed and tradable.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kaninrail posted:

Any advice on Elemental Bomber? I am only at like 19 but I barely remember anything about this game other than how badly Nexon sucked.

Spam xxx until you get to like level 51/52 when you can buy the TP Enhanced Infernal Road.

Before 51/52 though it's just trying to group up mobs to hit them with your AOE skills and cleaning up stragglers with xxx spam.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Pyronic posted:

Controller players: how much do you balance command inputs vs hotkey inputs on your skills? I'm on 360 pad and have LB and RB bound to skills, ABXY bound to Jump/Attack/Skill1/Skill2 for command inputs, and I'm running out of space and getting cool abilities with difficult command inputs.

Can't you turn your analog sticks into hotkeys? I move with the dpad, use Back/Start as my primary/secondary items, and (Left Stick) Left, Up, Right and (Right Stick) Left, Up, Right to cover six hotkeys.

Also, you can change the command input for any of your skills. Make it something simple like Left-Space or something. Or set up xpadder so that when you hit a button you go into a macro that chain casts all your buffs at once (space, left-space, up-space, down-space, etc).

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

You can but it still makes you move when you use them (if you can disable this I cannot figure out how the gently caress you do so in xpadder). I have 4 skills on my dpad and move with the left analog butit's really annoying because the movement means I need to use skills that don't get ruined by the sudden direction (like all my grabs). :sigh:

Enable both sticks and dpad in your controller profile, make sure the dpad input mapping is for the arrow keys and the sticks are the X/Y axes.

Then for your actual key mapping, put the arrow keys over the dpad and the hotkeys over the cardinal directions of the sticks.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Is it just me or does Spitfire's Napalm scale pretty poorly for 50sp a level? It's like 4% MAtk and minor aoe increase, is it worth it?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
All five of you EU goons playing can now enjoy some normal time 2X EXP BURNING EVENT.

DFO posted:

Apr 11~12, 2015, 18:00~22:00 (UTC/GMT)
Apr 11~12, 2015, 11:00~15:00 (PDT)
Apr 11~12, 2015, 14:00~18:00 (EDT)
Apr 11~12, 2015, 15:00~19:00 (BRT)

EU fans, please take your Burning Hours and enjoy DFO with X2 Stage Clear EXP.

http://dfo-notice.blogspot.kr/2015/04/weekend-bonus-burning-event-for-eu-fans.html

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The last Burning Event every drat channel on East was red except for like Trade and one of the first areas. I don't think EU players will have the same impact as NA though.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Answered my own question: oh god i can't do anything right this is hard halp :(

Are you on keyboard or gamepad? I played Monk a long time ago on gamepad and it was difficult binding all the keys you need. Early on it's all right but after 35 or so you just run out of room. And with the new DFO and everything a lot of early monsters you can't really juggle or grab anymore, so as a Monk you're relying on hitstun and dashing around more.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
What does the lvl 70 Mercenary system do exactly? It sounds like you send your dude off on some random adventure, making him unavailable for use, but the longer you keep him out the more treasure he returns with?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Why do people hate Iced Wall? It was fun replaying the classic DFO maps and bosses, and nothing there was particularly difficult for my M. Spitfire.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

booksnake posted:

It kind of still is related to Dungeons and Dragons! There's elves and dwarves and bigass loving dragons to kill. It's just instead of you picking Warrior or Elf, you kinda pick Sol Badguy or Chun-li.

The worst thing about DFO is that nothing really ever comes out of those treasure chests you find in dungeons. I was expecting gold, equipment, items, anything, even a mimic for all I care. But you never get anything.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm cleaning out all the Feat quests on my Alpha Asura and came across this item. I wonder what its real name is.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

are F. Mechanics fun....tryin to make use of this unique autogun I found and I saw their 2nd awakening summons a gundam but I dunno how they stack up compared to the male.

F. Mechs are basically gimped Rangers until lvl 25, when they get their G-2 robot. Once you have that you can cycle through G-1 and G-2 to have permanent uptime on your G-series. G-1 Corona shoots faster if you spam the skill key, so if you're playing on gamepad and set the hotkey to turbo you can stunlock almost everything in the game. You can even carry them through the air since it shoots so fast, and while they're helpless you target Detonate your Landrunners and EZ robots at them for more damage.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
What the hell? Unannounced server maintenance?

DFO posted:

We will be performing a temporary maintenance, Apr 9, 2015, starting at 08:00(UTC), 01:00 (PDT). Maintenance is expected to last approximately three hours.

Maintenance notes

- Game channel restructure (Upper level channel increased/lower level channel reduced)
- Connection problem caused by character name change fixed
- Gold selling advertisement filtering function added
- Misspelling text fixed for Auction, character skills and items
- Crash while using certain skills with Legacy weapon has been fixed.

Thank you for your patience.

- Dungeon Fighter Online Support Team

Eddain
May 6, 2007

LornMarkus posted:

Speaking of, assuming I can't do it myself, my alt in Restraint is the F.Launcher Emsira. Feel free to toss her over into GamerGirls to make room.

You have to get kicked from Restraint (or manually leave the guild by clicking your own name in the Guild tab), then wait 3 days for the guild join restriction, and then request an invite into GamerGirls.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

sentrygun posted:

I picked this up playing a Male Mage because they weren't around last time I played and have been having a blast, but when I tried playing a Priest it just feels extremely clunky getting in range of things to punch them instead of just shooting bullets everywhere. I used to play a Witch so all I ever did was jump around and spin forever, should I just stick to the Mages if I don't like how Priest feels or do the melee classes get better at actually making contact with enemies later on?

It depends on the melee class. Monk gets dashing moves, Exo kinda has to run in, Avenger has a dash or something in devil form. If you like ranged combat though you could play a Gunner class.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Getting 23 stacks of poison on a boss from junk spin then mounting them to keep the stacks from falling and watching the hp bars just vanish at lightning speed is the best.

Poison stacks now???

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I like the m. gunner ones a lot actually, fashion is cool

F. Gunner has some great outfits, makes me want to make a F. Ranger now just to dress her up.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Dryzen posted:

make it an asura

Definitely Asura. You literally blow up entire rooms with just a few skills.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Everyone keeps talking about Avenger, is that a decent choice for the Growing Weapon?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Wassbix posted:

Is there 2x today Facebook only listed one day?

DFP posted:

DOUBLE STAGE CLEAR EXP!!

Apr 11~12, 2015, 18:00~22:00 (UTC/GMT)
Apr 11~12, 2015, 11:00~15:00 (PDT)
Apr 11~12, 2015, 14:00~18:00 (EDT)
Apr 11~12, 2015, 15:00~19:00 (BRT)

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Zarick posted:

Does Berserker get much mileage out of a good upgraded weapon like the Dragon Weapon? I want to make a Slayer besides Asura and would rather make a Berserker than a WM, but if Berserker won't get much out of a really strong weapon...

I think they're kinda mixed damage the last time I played one. Frenzy is percent, so is Mountainous Wheel and your awakening, I think the blood geyser move and the grab are fixed damage.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kylra posted:

How feasible is it to make it to 70 in a month? Seems like that might be tight to impossible on time.

It's definitely possible, but will rely on a few things.

a) Arad Explorer XP bonus you get from having high level characters on your account

b) All dungeon difficulties unlocked beforehand, so you can run everything on Hard instead of Easy/Medium for maximum XP

c) On that note, having the required materials to quickly finish gathering quests so that you can unlock epics faster and skip poor XP-to-FP ratio dungeon runs

d) You'll probably have to use up all three tower passes when you hit the right level, and then the new towers we're getting with OBT2

e) Burning XP weekends and potions

f) Using up your FP entirely every day, and maybe getting some FP potions from Alchemists

If you do absolutely everything you should get a lvl 70 before the end of the third week.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
OBT2 was supposed to start in 19 minutes but they ran into some technical difficulties, so they added another 2 hours to the countdown.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Goddamnit I still haven't decided what new character I would make for the Growing Weapon. I think I'll go Avenger just because I've never made one before.

Huh, I don't see any channels.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Apr 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Avenger is super cool but the Engrish skill information confuses the gently caress out of me.

So basically, for any Avenger skill, you can press Z, X, or C during it to do extra attacks? And it costs some Demon Gauge to activate? X seems to add extra hits, is C a launching hit?

• Locked thread